Author Topic: At Least 13 Killed in Crash in Southern California  (Read 418 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

At Least 13 Killed in Crash in Southern California
« on: March 02, 2021, 03:42:56 PM »
Was this the result of a run for the border prompted by xiden's open border policies?

At Least 13 Killed in Crash in Southern California, Officials Say
The crash, involving an S.U.V. and a tractor-trailer, took place near Holtville, Calif., about 40 miles west of the Arizona border.

At least 13 people were killed on Tuesday morning when a tractor-trailer slammed into the side of an S.U.V. that was carrying more than two dozen people in Southern California, the authorities said.

The crash took place just after 6 a.m. local time on the outskirts of Holtville, Calif., about 42 miles west of the Arizona border and near the border with Mexico, Omar Watson, the chief of the California Highway Patrol’s border division, said at a news conference.

Chief Watson said the tractor-trailer had been traveling north along State Route 115 when the driver of the S.U.V., a maroon Ford Expedition, pulled into its path. The tractor-trailer struck the S.U.V. on the driver’s side, which caused several passengers to be thrown from vehicle, he said.

There were 25 people inside the S.U.V., Chief Watson said, and 12 were dead when police arrived on the scene shortly after 6:15 a.m. One more died at a hospital, bringing the total fatalities to 13, two fewer than hospital officials had reported earlier on Tuesday.

“Some people were ejected onto the pavement, onto the ground, and passed away,” he said. “Other people were found deceased inside the vehicle.”

The dead ranged in ages from 20 to 55, Chief Watson said, and at least one of the injured passengers was as young as 16; the oldest was 65. He said the police were still trying to identify some of the passengers. He did not identify the nationalities of the injured, but said that the authorities had reached out to the Mexican consulate for help, and that it was not yet clear whether any of the passengers were American citizens.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/02/us/fatal-crash-imperial-california.html

I can't think of any reason why you would cram 25 people into an SUV unless human smuggling is involved.

The city of Holtville, CA is 15 miles from the town of Calexico and the International border...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

Re: At Least 13 Killed in Crash in Southern California
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 04:23:19 PM »
I read that is is harvest season for something in Mexifornia. It might have just be some honest hard working people going to or from their jobs.  :whistling:

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 09:11:39 PM »
According to what I've seen reported the SUV, which normally seats 9, had all of its seats removed to allow 25 people (driver +24) space in the vehicle.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 09:16:58 PM »
There has got to be a way this is Trump’s fault. 🤔
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 03:38:26 PM »
HOLTVILLE, Calif. (AP) — Thirteen people killed in one of the deadliest crashes involving migrants sneaking into the U.S. had entered California through a hole cut into the border fence with Mexico in what was believed to be a larger smuggling operation, officials said Wednesday.

Surveillance video showed a Ford Expedition and Chevrolet Suburban drive through the opening early Tuesday, said Gregory Bovino, the Border Patrol’s El Centro sector chief.

The Suburban carried 19 people, and it caught fire for unknown reasons on a nearby interstate after entering the U.S. All escaped the vehicle and were taken into custody by Border Patrol agents.

The breach occurred in a busy area for illegal crossings near the Imperial Sand Dunes where migrants often climb over an aging barrier and wait for drivers to pick them up, hoping to avoid the scrutiny of Border Patrol agents at checkpoints on highways leading to Los Angeles, San Diego and Phoenix.
https://apnews.com/article/california-car-crash-border-crossing-human-smuggling-cee55338e3d4370986283555aaa120e7
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 03:43:42 PM »
Human Smuggling Ring aka DNC voter registration drive.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe