Author Topic: Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and ,,  (Read 11088 times)

Offline mrclose

Millennial Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’ and Gets Killed

I almost feel sorry for them, being so naive.
They must have believed Marie Harf saying ISIS just needed jobs.

I guess they got to celebrate diversity and meet new, interesting people.

And then they met ISIS.

Adult-children who feel free to construct fantasies, blind them to inconvenient realities.
To compensate, they idealize the targets of their misdirected and pathological caring.

(Excerpt)

"Evil is a make-believe concept we've invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans."

A progressive young American couple was killed in an Islamic State-claimed terrorist attack last month while on a bike trip around the world.

Jay Austin and Lauren Geoghegan, who were both in their late 20s, quit their jobs in 2017 to embark on a trip around the world. Austin, a vegan, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian, decided that they're were wasting their lives working.

"I’ve grown tired of spending the best hours of my day in front of a glowing rectangle, of coloring the best years of my life in swaths of grey and beige,” Austin wrote on his blog before he quit. “I’ve missed too many sunsets while my back was turned. Too many thunderstorms went unwatched, too many gentle breezes unnoticed.”

The couple documented their year-long journey on social media until it came to a tragic and gruesome end in Tajikistan, a country with a known terrorist presence.

https://www.pluralist.com/posts/1824-millennial-couple-bikes-through-isis-territory-to-prove-humans-are-kind-and-gets-killed
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The Rachel Corrie award for rampant stupidity.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DLR Pyro

The Rachel Corrie award for rampant stupidity.
:dozer:  someone needs to come up with an emoticon with 2 dimwitted bike riders getting shanked by a couple of turban wearing individuals...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline freedumb2003b

:dozer:  someone needs to come up with an emoticon with 2 dimwitted bike riders getting shanked by a couple of turban wearing individuals...

That is a BEAUTIFUL gif.

I agree someone needs to adjust the way you said.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Let's just hope they didn't procreate. If so, we have double Darwin award winners.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
It's always better when these things are filmed and placed on sites like leakedreality.com for others to enjoy.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

"...to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind’.."  - Well they were partly right, they just didn't complete the thought correctly: '..to Prove ‘Humans Are Kind of F'in' Dangerous’ would have been correct, and they did prove that one up pretty well...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Austin, a vegan, and Geoghegan, a vegetarian, decided that they're were wasting their lives working.
:mental:

Wasting their lives working  :thatsright: What a couple of completely useless people. :loser:

I wonder if they would have survived if they weren't wearing those gay looking bike helmets. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!