Author Topic: Conservatives and rethugs claim they are not racist. I beg to differ.  (Read 7257 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
This coming from someone named Paint It Black?

Paint It Black (95 posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 03:49 PM
Original message
Conservatives and rethugs claim they are not racist. I beg to differ.
 If you spend any amount of time listening to RW talk shows, they're always quick to point out that they're not racist. Yet, it seems like whenever there is an African-American accused of something (OJ, Wesley Snipes, Barry Bonds, Michael Jackson, etc etc), these folks will almost always assume the person is guilty. Yet when it's a white person involved (ie the Duke Lacrosse players), they're quick to say "innocent until proven guilty".

It's not just that, but it's their policies as well. Taking money out of inner-city schools, being against affirmative action, idiotic drug laws that seem designed to target young black men, etc. They claim that they'd rather people help themselves, but then they take away the tools that would allow them to do just that.

It just seems to me that on any given issue that involves race, they will almost always come down on the wrong side. I'm not saying that every single conservative or rethug is a closet racist - but their party and their policies sure as hell are.

Refresh | 0 Recommendations Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2734860

Pretty much, all guilty.

Proven, not guilty

I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Conservatives and rethugs claim they are not racist. I beg to differ.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »
Amazing the projection that goes on courtesy of the DUmmies on threads like this one.

The Dummies see EVERYTHING and EVERYONE by their color...gender...orientation etc  which to me is the epitome of being a racist sexist homphobe.

But some how try to sluff their own failings and shortcoming onto the rest of us.

Not a one of them even TRY to live up to MLK's dram of people being judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 03:08:47 PM »
Amazing the projection that goes on courtesy of the DUmmies on threads like this one.

The Dummies see EVERYTHING and EVERYONE by their color...gender...orientation etc  which to me is the epitome of being a racist sexist homphobe.

But some how try to sluff their own failings and shortcoming onto the rest of us.

Not a one of them even TRY to live up to MLK's dram of people being judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

They judge by the content of their political beliefs. In their minds, that's  far more noble.

But this is the DU we're talking about.

*TKay*

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 03:12:01 PM »
sleebarker  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-21-08 03:59 PM
Response to Original message
2. Even worse is when they claim that there's some sort of mass prejudice against white dudes

I can't imagine the cognitive dissonance it takes to pull that off.

I wouldn't say mass prejudiced but enough of the libs try to paint white dudes as the cause of all evil.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »

They judge by the content of their political beliefs. In their minds, that's  far more noble.

But this is the DU we're talking about.

*TKay*

That's true...look at what they do to Conservatives who are black or Hispanic.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 03:14:29 PM »
sleebarker  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-21-08 03:59 PM
2. Even worse is when they claim that there's some sort of mass prejudice against white dudes

I wouldn't say mass prejudiced but enough of the libs try to paint white dudes as the cause of all evil.

It's not all "white dudes" that are discriminated against.

Just straight Christian Conservatives.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 03:14:44 PM »
They must have forgotten about all of the white people on steroids that were raked over the coals. Also, they must have forgotten the outrage when Robert Blake was acquitted. Conversely, I've always said that it is my opinion that Kobe isn't guilty of a damn thing except stupidity by allowing a some money-grubbing skank to put him in that position.

It's not always about color, you f'n DUmbasses.  :whatever:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
You just vote Democrat and we'll:
give you money every month
pay for your housing, in a crime ridden ghetto
make sure you never have to work
make it so you'll never better your situation

I Have A Dream
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 03:17:11 PM »

It's not all "white dudes" that are discriminated against.

Just straight Christian Conservatives.

Yeah for the most par,t the Christian part is optional white straight and not a moonbat is all it really takes.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »
You just vote Democrat and we'll:
give you money every month
pay for your housing, in a crime ridden ghetto
make sure you never have to work
make it so you'll never better your situation

I Have A Dream

Hey sounds like a good deal to me I think I'll vote Dem from now on.  :rotf:

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »
angrycarpenter  (527 posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 04:14 PM
7. I know it is in the south
 Haven't met a die hard conservative here who isn't. Being white many just assume that I will agree with them when they utter some hate filled diatribe about how the blacks and mexicans have ruined this country. They always look at me as a traitor when I take the progressive view and tell them that they are full of it and why.

I don't know how it is up north but here (Florida) there is no question that conservatives are racially motivated. Don't believe them when they say otherwise.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

I live in the south, and that is true for the most part, but what the DUmmy isn't telling you is about 80% of the blacks you see are on welfare.  White people down here are angry that they have to bust their ass to get by, and don't like seeing their tax money going to 22" spinners.  I think that's a pretty good gripe.

P.S. Florida is not the south, it's like the Yankees' Embassy down here.

lwfern  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 04:14 PM
8. idiotic drug laws 
 that seem designed to target young black men ... ?

Are you talking about republicans? Or Bill Clinton?

OUCH!!!!! That's gonna leave a mark.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 03:22:52 PM »
Hmmm..........someone raising the troll flag

opihimoimoi  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 03:57 PM
1. The many pubs here will not respond to threads like this...
 They are ashamed and in denial

Some are on a mission to destroy the Dem Party/Candidates

They will not admit CONSERVATISM is Evil and Selfish....the MEism Complex personified...

they are delusional

Paint It Black (98 posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 04:13 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. Or if they say they "have black friends"
 I wonder how much those black "friends" secretly loathe them.

angrycarpenter  (527 posts)       Mon Jan-21-08 04:14 PM
7. I know it is in the south
 Haven't met a die hard conservative here who isn't. Being white many just assume that I will agree with them when they utter some hate filled diatribe about how the blacks and mexicans have ruined this country. They always look at me as a traitor when I take the progressive view and tell them that they are full of it and why.

I don't know how it is up north but here (Florida) there is no question that conservatives are racially motivated. Don't believe them when they say otherwise.

I'm sorry, as a Southerneryou are wrong. we look at you as a traitor for your anti-american views ya dumbass.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »
Paint It Black (99 posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 04:19 PM
Response to Reply #8
11. Just look at the prison population in this country
 There's your answer.

There is a very highly disproportionate percentage of African-Americans in prison, and a large number of those are because of the insipid "war on drugs". These drug laws give police the excuse they need to harass and intimidate young black men. If you're a young black male driving an expensive car, the assumption by many white cops is that it must be related to drug money. That driver is much more likely to be pulled over and his car searched than would be a conservative looking young white male.

If cops see a white guy cruising a black neighborhood, they get suspected of looking for drugs.  That is racial profiling, and it usually works. 

If you're a young black male driving an expensive car and you get pulled over, you don't get in trouble if you don't have drugs in the car.

I was asked the whole "why is 80% of inmates black" question before.  My answer was and still is: "Because y'all commit 80% of the crime."  End of story.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 03:35:30 PM »

Don't Cubans tend to vote Conservative?  How do the DUmmies explain the racism behind them being Conservative?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
They will not admit LIBERALISM is Evil and Selfish....the MEism Complex personified...

Fixed  :-)

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »

Don't Cubans tend to vote Conservative?  How do the DUmmies explain the racism behind them being Conservative?

And the sad thing for the DU is this: Dade County (and in turn, Florida) would have gone decisively to Gore had Clinton not ****ed up in the case of the extraction of one Elian Gonzalez. The younger generation was ready to vote Democrat...but when this picture landed in the Miami Herald:

It was over.

*TKay*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 04:44:31 PM by TKayOh »

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »
If cops see a white guy cruising a black neighborhood, they get suspected of looking for drugs.  That is racial profiling, and it usually works. 

If you're a young black male driving an expensive car and you get pulled over, you don't get in trouble if you don't have drugs in the car.

I was asked the whole "why is 80% of inmates black" question before.  My answer was and still is: "Because y'all commit 80% of the crime."  End of story.

I'm wondering if it has more to do with political ideology. I.e., Do Democrats commit more violent crimes? Or do violent criminals tend to vote more Democratic?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 03:58:51 PM »
^ is more Liberal projection.  The same Imperial Federal boogeyman they claim is a product of Conservatives and * seems to only show up when a Liberal Democrat is in power.

Elian is living proof of that.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2008, 04:42:44 PM »

And the sad thing for the DU is this: Dade County would have gone to Gore had Clinton not ****ed up in the case of the extraction of one Elian Gonzalez. The younger generation was ready to vote Democrat...but when this picture landed in the Miami Herald:

It was over.

*TKay*

I'm a bit off topic here but just glad to see Elian remembered by a few members here. Likely most if not all people here remember but I'm just proud that it's fresh enough to be brought up even in this context. By 2000 Clinton's list of crimes, lies and betrayals was so long that child abuse was just a blip on the radar. Though this case meant even more than just abuse I guess. I was truely ahamed of my country on that sad day and that picture still burns a hole through my heart every time I see it. (sorry for the rant)

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2008, 04:47:01 PM »

I'm a bit off topic here but just glad to see Elian remembered by a few members here. Likely most if not all people here remember but I'm just proud that it's fresh enough to be brought up even in this context. By 2000 Clinton's list of crimes, lies and betrayals was so long that child abuse was just a blip on the radar. Though this case meant even more than just abuse I guess. I was truely ahamed of my country on that sad day and that picture still burns a hole through my heart every time I see it. (sorry for the rant)

I live in Miami. . .I went to high school in a neighborhood of Cuban Exiles. I had no choice but to remember the anti-Clinton signs and protests. They came VERY close to shutting Miami down. . .And when W came in, speaking Spanish and saying all the things the exiles needed to hear. . .I think it leant just enough uncertainty to allow him to win.

*TKay*

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 05:11:54 PM »
I dunno.

I'm always skeptical of people who allege to not be prejudiced in some way, and who accuse others of being prejudiced.

I'm just really skeptical.

It's like that comment Oscar Wilde once made about a dinner guest; "the more he boasted of his virtue, the more I counted the silver and napkins."

(historical reference: during the 1800s, tableware and napkins were considerably more expensive than they are today)

Also, as all psychiatrists and psychologists since Sigmund Freud have pointed out, one cannot recognize a characteristic in another person, unless that same characteristic exists within oneself.

I don't worry about people who make no comment; I worry considerably about Democrats, liberals, and primitives when they boast about not being prejudiced, and accuse others of being prejudiced.

It sets off all sorts of alarms, sirens, flashing lights, in this brain.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »
I dunno.

I'm always skeptical of people who allege to not be prejudiced in some way, and who accuse others of being prejudiced.

I'm just really skeptical.

It's like that comment Oscar Wilde once made about a dinner guest; "the more he boasted of his virtue, the more I counted the silver and napkins."

(historical reference: during the 1800s, tableware and napkins were considerably more expensive than they are today)

Also, as all psychiatrists and psychologists since Sigmund Freud have pointed out, one cannot recognize a characteristic in another person, unless that same characteristic exists within oneself.

I don't worry about people who make no comment; I worry considerably about Democrats, liberals, and primitives when they boast about not being prejudiced, and accuse others of being prejudiced.

It sets off all sorts of alarms, sirens, flashing lights, in this brain.

Well put. (and on topic)

As racism is a primitive form of collectivism and the DUers are both collectivist as well as primitives it is quite a stretch to imagine they are immune to racist thinking.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
Paint It Black (95 posts)      Mon Jan-21-08 03:49 PM
Original message
Conservatives and rethugs claim they are not racist. I beg to differ.
 If you spend any amount of time listening to RW talk shows, they're always quick to point out that they're not racist. Yet, it seems like whenever there is an African-American accused of something (OJ, Wesley Snipes, Barry Bonds, Michael Jackson, etc etc), these folks will almost always assume the person is guilty. Yet when it's a white person involved (ie the Duke Lacrosse players), they're quick to say "innocent until proven guilty".

Well, I don't have a clue about the Wesley Snipes thing, but with OJ his little getaway that wasn't and the trail of blood that led from his ex wife's house to his pretty much gave it away. The cast of Blue's Clues could've solved the case, in spite of the genius jury of his "peers"; especially the one who declared, after seeing DNA BLOOD EVIDENCE, "Well, we all gots blood".

Michael Jackson...is he really black?...the first time I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but when it happens twice, I'd say it's time to forbid the kiddies to have slumber parties with Bubbles the Chimp. Besides, it's not like OJ and MJ are big advocates for the black community...both mostly ignored it until they needed the support and then forgot all about their "people" when they'd outlived their usefulness, which is basically democrat policy anyway.

Barry Bonds, haven't followed the steroid thing too closely (and don't really care, unless they can find a steroid to dramatically speed up the pace of the game), but I don't know he's guilty until I've seen the evidence.

It's not just that, but it's their policies as well. Taking money out of inner-city schools, being against affirmative action, idiotic drug laws that seem designed to target young black men, etc. They claim that they'd rather people help themselves, but then they take away the tools that would allow them to do just that.

If evil republicans are screwing over the black man by taking money out of inner-city schools why is it that Washington DC is consistently in the top 5 of per capita school funding (something around $13,000 I think) and South Dakota, not exactly the hip-hop capital of the world, is down at the bottom?

Affirmative action is one of the most racist policies in the world! It says "you're not good enough or smart enough to do this on your own, so we're just going to give it to you"...and this from the people who treat self esteem like a constitutional mandate.

As far as drug policy goes, wouldn't you tend to be less of a target if you didn't use or deal drugs? Granted, I'm just a middle class white girl from the suburbs, but I was a pretty wild child when I was a teenager and believe me...I wish my race and socioeconomic circumstances would've gotten me out of trouble a couple of times.

It just seems to me that on any given issue that involves race, they will almost always come down on the wrong side. I'm not saying that every single conservative or rethug is a closet racist - but their party and their policies sure as hell are.

The "wrong" side? How about just a different point of view? Clean your own house first. When you folks on the left can stop referring to black conservatives as "Uncle Toms", "house Negroes", Aunt Jemima", to name but a few, just because they don't have the same world view as those of you who think black folk need to live on the government plantation, then maybe we can talk. Frankly, I think its mostly a case of too many uppity black people and you'll lose a major voting block.

You may not have them picking cotton anymore but if NOLA is an example of democratic largess, it's a good thing the left also controls the education system and can keep them oblivious to what's really going on. Then again, maybe it's really just that you're subliminally SO guilt-ridden about the utter failure of your policies, keeping all the downtrodden in one place gives you a central location to focus all that angst. Besides, it makes it easier to trot them out every 4 years when you need their votes. But, hey, at least your intentions are good.

Cindie

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 08:53:58 PM »
DUmmies are delusional who want to perpetuate the race war. I hate people who say they are not prejudiced. Everyone is prejudiced.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »
Elian's seizure cost Al Gore and the Dems the election in 2000 in Florida, which upsets the DUmmies to this very day.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:59:54 PM by EbolaZaire »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du