Author Topic: the coronation of 1821, the Democrat convention of 2008  (Read 1570 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the coronation of 1821, the Democrat convention of 2008
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »
Thanks to BadCat for the inspiration, although BadCat probably had no idea.

There appears to be some interesting historical parallels between the upcoming Democrat national convention, and the coronation of George IV of England in 1821; a coronation which proved one of the most ridiculous coronations in all the history of coronations.

George III, who had reigned for 60 years, died in 1820, succeeded by his oldest son, George.

This newest George was about the same size as Fat Che, although probably an inch or two taller.

George as Prince of Wales had long ago married a princess from one of the minor German principalities, Caroline of Ansbach (Anspach, or whatever).  He had been forced to give up the woman he had truly loved, because she was a whore, and a whore wouldn't do for Queen of England.

It was not a happy marriage, the husband complaining about how Princess Caroline stank, had a bad body odor, and the wife complaining about how fat and obese and gross and rank and ripe Prince George was.

(Historians have since decided that Princess Caroline was actually the better of the two.)

The unhappy pair had a daughter, named Charlotte, destined to become Queen of England in her own time (which never came, as she died young); after that, George and Caroline had severed all relations between the two of them.

But in 1821, when the mountainous George IV was to be crowned, George and Caroline were still man and wife.

And so it was quite reasonably assumed Princess Caroline would be crowned with her husband, everybody at least keeping up appearances.

The gluttonous George IV however wanted to have none of it; he wanted to be crowned alone.

The morning of the coronation, bedlam and riots broke out all over London, when Princess Caroline wasn't seen in the carriage with her husband.  Violent, blood-curdling riots, as Caroline had always enjoyed much sympathy from the general public, seeing what a jerk her husband was to her.

I mean to say buildings actually got burned, and Londoners actually got killed, because of this.

Princess Caroline actually physically tried to force her way into the royal coach, and was deterred only by the gendarmes surrounding the elephantine George IV.  This sparked a great violent conflagration in London.

By the time the coronation was over, it had degenerated into a ridiculous parody, a circus.

George IV, who was already old when crowned, died 10 years later, in 1830, his wife having died a couple of years before that.  George IV died unmourned, while his spurned wife, despite her finally having gone batshit crazy, died greatly mourned among the common people.

I think there's a lesson for somebody, in this.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Re: the coronation of 1821, the Democrat convention of 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:43:26 PM »
Coach there is a lesson in this.................hopefully one day the scourge of the earth (primitives) will learn it
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »
Coach there is a lesson in this.................hopefully one day the scourge of the earth (primitives) will learn it

I was hoping bijou would see this, and comment, given that she probably knows more about it than I do.

The moral, I guess, is that Princess Caroline, like the worthier Democrat candidate for president, simply wanted recognition; it wasn't as if she was demanding a share of her husband's power or anything.

But no, her husband wanted it allallallallall for himself.

George IV wouldn't have lost a damned thing, letting her in on it, symbolically.

But no.....

Doesn't it remind one of the Obamaites, and the Obamaite primitives?

George IV as Prince of Wales, top; Caroline as Princess of Wales, bottom.

These were made circa 20 years before 1821, by 1821, both were considerably older and much fatter.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 05:03:26 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 06:32:10 PM »
George IV, who was already old when crowned, died 10 years later, in 1830, his wife having died a couple of years before that.  George IV died unmourned, while his spurned wife, despite her finally having gone batshit crazy, died greatly mourned among the common people.

Thanks, frank.  It has been a long time since I remember reading the history of all of that happening.  If I recall correctly, his wife believed her illness (from which she eventually died) was a result of having been poisoned.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 07:37:51 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.