Author Topic: Has anyone used a personal water purifier in Real World ?  (Read 13628 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Has anyone used a personal water purifier in Real World ?
« on: January 16, 2017, 02:35:05 PM »
I have read any number of water purifier products and while many claims are made, the only real world user of a sawyer water filter which claims to remove "The MINI removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium".

The user and his friend became ill anyway.

Yes, boiling is best but is there another way ?

The SteriPen makes claims but again, does it really work ?
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline catsmtrods

Re: Has anyone used a personal water purifier in Real World ?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 04:41:22 AM »
I have used the Katadyn Pocket model on many week long wilderness trips thru Canada to Alaska, so much so I wore it out. A little much at about $250 these days? I now have MSR waterworks minis in the bug out bags. I have used them but never to the extent of the Katadyn.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »
I have used the Katadyn Pocket model on many week long wilderness trips thru Canada to Alaska, so much so I wore it out. A little much at about $250 these days? I now have MSR waterworks minis in the bug out bags. I have used them but never to the extent of the Katadyn.

Thanks. I'm guessing you don't have to worry too much about water in Canada and Alaska ?

I was looking at this new type filter / purifier, "MUV adaptable water filter" by Renovo Water. 
It sounds good but I have never used a "filter / purifier", one of those "too good to be true" things.

Searched around and read differing opinions but very little actual users of any of the filter/purifiers in real world conditions.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 05:16:20 PM »
Thanks. I'm guessing you don't have to worry too much about water in Canada and Alaska ?

I was looking at this new type filter / purifier, "MUV adaptable water filter" by Renovo Water. 
It sounds good but I have never used a "filter / purifier", one of those "too good to be true" things.

Searched around and read differing opinions but very little actual users of any of the filter/purifiers in real world conditions.

Actually Alaska is the worst water conditions as almost all the rivers and streams start as glaciers. The outfitter I used recommended the katadyn. I went on a week long wilderness trip on a glacier river and only took water from the river. Also all my trips into Canada were on lakes. No worries with the Katadyn.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"