Author Topic: Why do some people say "Torture doesn't work"?  (Read 993 times)

Offline trollghost

• Probationary (Probie)
Why do some people say "Torture doesn't work"?
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:19:04 PM »
Sure it does.

Evidence below.

Anyone see the recent movie "Anthropoid". I won't get into my personal review of the movie... lame BTW...

But it's a real piece of history. So these Brit Special Force guys (native Czechs) are staying in this safe house in Prague. The safe house has a teenage son who lives there with his mum. After the assassins kill Heydrich the Gestapo arrests the son.

So they take him to the SS HQ, probably at Prague Castle and beat the hell out of him. He keeps his composure and tells the Germans he doesn't know the whereabouts of the assassins. So the Germans get him all liquored up and then show him an aquarium with his mums head floating inside. He cracks and tells the Germans where the assassins are hiding.

Torture works.

Is it ethical, moral, decent or right? Probably not.

But the next time a DUmmie claims that torture doesn't work, smack them.

Offline Gamle-ged

Re: Why do some people say "Torture doesn't work"?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »
The functional concern is that the tortured would tell the interrogator whatever they thought the interrogator wanted to hear, true or not. Use of torture would produce lots of mixed information, true and false, but that gives interrogators and analysts a lot more to work with than an untortured silent prisoner offers...
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline trollghost

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 08:44:26 PM »
true...

Damn that Skinner. I miss DI sooooo much.

My crow serving list is long but Daemons is at the top. Oh and Goth.

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:09:00 PM »
true...

Damn that Skinner. I miss DI sooooo much.

My crow serving list is long but Daemons is at the top. Oh and Goth.

I was gonna take everyone off of my ignore list on the 9th, even "LetMyPeopleSlitTheirWrists"  for the pleasure of  viewing their printed wails and curses. Damn... DAMN...
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 10:42:23 PM »
I took the 9th off just for the gloating.