Author Topic: I found a hidden door in the wall of my house  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Lauri

I found a hidden door in the wall of my house
« on: January 19, 2008, 12:13:54 AM »
Robb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jan-17-08 06:00 PM
Original message

Really odd.

I was sort of in the middle of house cleaning, and moved the corner of the sectional couch. I hadn't moved that piece of it, in (of course) the corner, since I moved in. I'd always re-arranged things with the other pieces, and left that corner one in.

So anyhow, I moved the corner piece to clean behind it, and it was positively disgusting back there. TONS of dog hair, a french fry, a lot of dust and dirt on the carpet, just what you'd expect.

Except I found a little hole where the sheetrock had been worn away.

It sort of looked like it had been damaged by a rocking chair, but the sectional couch of course doesn't rock. The sheetrock was actually worn all the way through in the middle of the damaged spot, and the hole was about the size of a hamburger.

I would've left it, pushed the couch back and called it a day, except while I was down on my hands and knees I saw something reflective through the hole, maybe six inches behind the surface of the wall. I grabbed my little headlamp and shined it in.

It was a hinge. A brass hinge.

I got out the vacuum cleaner and turned it on, letting it catch bits of sheetrock while I pulled more of it off the wall, enlarging the hole. By the time I stopped I had put a hole in my wall about three feet high, and exposed a cheap-looking wooden door on three brass (OK, probably not actual brass, but brass-colored) hinges.

The door matched the original kitchen cabinets, which were all gone since the remodel, except for the same kind were used in the bathroom, and I left those. It was latched with a little cheapo slider dealie, and I opened the door and found I could see a whole passageway behind the door, some 2x4's bolted to the wall behind it like a ladder, leading down.

I had my headlamp. I climbed in and headed down, thinking about spiders the whole time.

more at the link.. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x7363778
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 08:46:18 AM by Lord Undies »

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: I found a hidden door in the wall of my house
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 03:52:47 AM »
I read that earlier, it was the weirdest set up ever to some lame joke about President Bush. I am sure drugs were involved in the creation of that post.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 04:49:19 AM »
I can`t speak for anyone else but I come here for a dose of humor,politics and friendship.
While life goes on the rest of my day I don`t think much about politics unless it comes up in conversation.

What is scary is the level of obsession DUmmies have over everything political which maybe makes it understandable the hatred and bile they spew on an everyday basis.

One never gets all that they want but to dwell on what you don`t have will lead to self pity,anger,hatred and lastly madness.

Offline DaSaintFan

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 08:27:18 AM »
 :mental:

^^ that about covers it...

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:45:20 AM »
+ DUmmy = that post.


Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
I read that earlier, it was the weirdest set up ever to some lame joke about President Bush. I am sure drugs were involved in the creation of that post.

Not just lame, but old.  I heard that joke years ago.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 01:09:49 PM »

Not just lame, but old.  I heard that joke years ago.

"How many is a brazillion?"

:whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
+ DUmmy = that post.

And this today:

I had my headlamp. I climbed in and headed down, thinking about spiders the whole time.

Resulted in this many years ago:

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »
we actually know this eccentric guy out here in a small nearby town and he had a secret door put in this amazing house he built, then he told everybody about it .. so, i guess its no secret anymore.

anyway, the house is a marvel and so.. i was hoping right up until the lameass joke, that this was a real post cause i think secret doors are a cool old world trick..   more houses should have them.  :cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »
Resulted in this many years ago:

Who knew Alice would be a clueless lib-tard posting lame jokes on DU a century later?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 04:17:09 PM »
 :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 10:51:30 PM »
Robb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jan-17-08 06:00 PM
Original message

So anyhow, I moved the corner piece to clean behind it, and it was positively disgusting back there. TONS of dog hair, a french fry, a lot of dust and dirt on the carpet, just what you'd expect.

NEWSFLASH:  Robb espouses the standard DUmp Monkey's cleaning habits.
No surprise here...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:20:29 AM by PatriotGame »
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄