Author Topic: DeSantis announces Florida first lady is cancer-free  (Read 564 times)

Offline Mary Ann

DeSantis announces Florida first lady is cancer-free
« on: March 03, 2022, 07:31:03 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142881600
Calista241 (5,170 posts)

DeSantis announces Florida first lady is cancer-free

Source: The Hill

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced on Thursday that his wife, first lady Casey DeSantis, is cancer-free.

DeSantis revealed in October that the first lady had been diagnosed with breast cancer. In January, the governor said she completed her chemotherapy treatment.

“I have a positive update about my wife, Casey DeSantis. After going through both treatment and surgery for breast cancer, she is now considered cancer-free,” the governor said in a video posted to Twitter.

The governor said the first lady “still has more to do,” but he said he is “confident she’s gonna make a full recovery.”

In a retweet of the governor’s video, Casey DeSantis said “There are no words to express how truly blessed, grateful and humbled I am to hear the words cancer free.”

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/596781-desantis-announces-that-florida-first-lady-is-cancer-free
Lucky Luciano (10,551 posts)

5. Hope she gets Covid in her immunocompromised condition so they can learn a big fat ****in lesson.

I would love to say “TOLD YOU SO YOU MOTHER****ERS!”
Well, he seems nice.
BradAllison (1,298 posts)
7. **** both of them n/m
Star Member TeamProg (789 posts)

8. You're next Ron ! Thre Big C is coming after the rest of your brain.. n/t
To be fair, there are some good comments in that thread, but it will be interesting to see whether this grows and what the ratio of hateful to non-hateful comments will be.

Offline jukin

Re: DeSantis announces Florida first lady is cancer-free
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 07:40:19 PM »
Feel the leftist tolerance, love, and empathy.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 07:47:36 PM »
Go **** yourselves, DUmp. If you don't like DeSantis, stay the **** out of Florida. If you don't live here, then you should shut the **** up because it's none of your business.

Damn ghouls.  :bird:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 07:54:52 PM »
Lucky Luciano (10,551 posts)

5. Hope she gets Covid in her immunocompromised condition so they can learn a big fat ****in lesson.

I would love to say “TOLD YOU SO YOU MOTHER****ERS!”

cute.

Now do gays and unprotected sex and hiv....
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 08:04:10 PM »
AMEN! That is a happier outcome than I had hoped for.
Now the tards have to dance the sour grapes dance.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 07:01:24 AM »
I think this qualifies as the most hateful thing I've ever seen on DU:
Star Member gopiscrap (22,213 posts)

19. **** her...that's too bad

I was rooting for the cancer

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 07:40:44 AM »
I think this qualifies as the most hateful thing I've ever seen on DU:

You must have forgotten the things they said about Laura Ingraham.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 07:47:07 AM »
You must have forgotten the things they said about Laura Ingraham.

When John Edwards was briefly running for President after being Algore's losing VP candidate, his wife Elizabeth joined the DUmp for a while.  She (or whomever ran her account) scolded the DUmmies for being so cruel to Laura Ingraham.  I'll have to try to dig up that thread at some point.

Anyway, stay classy DUmmies.  :bigbird:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2022, 08:33:11 AM »
nonews Donating Member (193 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Tue Apr-26-05 09:49 AM
Original message
Laura Ingraham has breast cancer
http://www.lauraingraham.com/site
Let's keep her in our prayers

nothingshocksmeanymore Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Tue Apr-26-05 09:52 AM
Response to Original message
2. No
Cancer isn't a good thing, but it's her problem. I fell no obligation to pray for people who make the world worse.

makhno Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Tue Apr-26-05 10:07 AM
Response to Reply #13
22. It's simple
Edited on Tue Apr-26-05 10:08 AM by makhno
Good people get good wishes. Bad people don't.

nothingshocksmeanymore Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Tue Apr-26-05 10:22 AM
Response to Reply #41
44. Lucifer has cancer...please include him in your prayers
Edited on Tue Apr-26-05 10:23 AM by nothingshocksmeanymo
David Duke has cancer please pray for him

Liberal Andy has been diagnosed with cancer...if I do pray...I will pray for him.

flyarm Donating Member (1000+ posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Wed Apr-27-05 12:15 AM
Response to Reply #96
208. here is a woman who has done everything she can to destroy the lives
of other less fortunate women...women who have no health insurance to care for themselves or their children to get the care they need...i have no sympathy for her..may she live the life she has lied about and see how it feels for those less fortunate..i do not wish her ill will as far as her health is concerned..but nor do i have sympathy for what she faces ahead..i hope she has to declare bankruptsy and see's how the other side lives!!

i know that sounds awful..but that saying my mom said so often is ringing in my ears...what goes around comes around..but not on our timetable!!

fly

And the kill shot from Elizabeth Edwards:

ElizabethEdwards Donating Member (29 posts) Send PM | Profile | Ignore   Tue Apr-26-05 07:45 PM
Response to Reply #2
149. Of course we wish the best for her in this fight.
I have been a Democrat for a long time, and part of the Democratic principles that attracted me as a young person and kept me a Democrat all these years is our compassion. Democrats are simply good and decent people. And good and decent people want everyone to do well -- those who agree with them and those who do not. We fight for the right of voices with which we disagree to speak out, for the right of people to say things we don't believe to be true, even for the right to be malicious and mean-spirited. If we fight for the right for LI to say what she says, how in the world can we use our disagreement with those words as an excuse not to be compassionate in her fight with cancer. Being willing to have her voice muted by illness is the same thing as not wanting her voice to be heard. It is not Democratic or democratic.

I hope others will join me in wishing her Godspeed in this fight, for the easiest road that she can have, and even for the development of compassion about others who have faced hardship and disease without the support network she -- and I -- have. As I go through treatment for this same disease, I think often about the women who fight breast cancer without health insurance, without a supportive husband, with a physically demanding job that doesn't know or doesn't care that she is exhausted and weak and aching, with children but no child care. I find it absolutely impossible that LI won't also have those thoughts run through her head or that she won't rethink her position on health care or the social safety net. Pray for her health AND her enlightenment, if you must. But pray, with me, for her good health.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x3545777

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 08:47:17 AM »
Hate-filled, repulsive people.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »
cute.

:hi5:

That thread is so DU, oozing hate and iced with double-standard Prog-buttcream.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 01:19:45 PM »
Star Member XanaDUer2 (4,463 posts)

31. Lucky her for having healthcare

Are taxpayers paying for that?
I thought SnarkyMcJugheadCare meant everyone has insurance. And many of us taxpayers are paying for their leeches under that plan.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 01:56:07 PM »
cute.

I made that comparison when the Chinese Wuhan Coronavirus first hit a couple years ago.  During the 1980's it was considered discrimination to close down the gay bathhouses.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2022, 02:17:09 PM »
Aw, no grave dancing for the losers today?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2022, 04:23:55 PM »
nothingshocksmeanymore

Liberal Andy has been diagnosed with cancer...if I do pray...I will pray for him.
IF you pray? Why would God listen to a prayer from an atheist who hates Him?
Pray for yourself first.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2022, 11:03:02 PM »
Star Member gopiscrap (22,213 posts)

19. **** her...that's too bad

I was rooting for the cancer

Keep pulling for cancer. It will eventually visit you and/or people who matter to you. Then you'll realize what a sorry son of a bitch you are.
So... Have a nice day

Offline jukin

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2022, 09:48:09 AM »

Keep pulling for cancer. It will eventually visit you and/or people who matter to you. Then you'll realize what a sorry son of a bitch you are.
So... Have a nice day

True, except DUchebags don't have people or family that matter to them. DUchebags are too filled with hate to have friends or family IRL.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2022, 10:29:14 AM »
True, except DUchebags don't have people or family that matter to them. DUchebags are too filled with hate to have friends or family IRL.

DUchebags have friends and/or family that matter to them. Who else would a DUchebag be able to leech off of long after their utter uselessness, incompetence and laziness became glaringly self-evident?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus