Author Topic: This is how I see Donald's future ...  (Read 341 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
This is how I see Donald's future ...
« on: May 18, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »
Star Member dmr (27,155 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213452879

This is how I see Donald's future ...

I was reading in another thread that the Trumps want to own their own media to take on Fox. I think it's a pipe dream, specifically because I don't think they can afford it, and I'm not so sure they'd be able to find the financial backing.

So, I got to thinking what life would be like for Donald after we elect President Joe Biden ...

Once out of the powerful Oval Office ...

Donald, his kids and company will be bogged down in legal issues and legal bills.

He won't have the RNC or campaign donations to pay his and Don Jr.'s way anymore. I suppose they could start a GoFundMe.

I'm sure opportunistic lawyers won't deem him worth their while to defend anymore. Some may, but Donald is facing deep legal problems. Who wants to sign on knowing Donald is notorious on stiffing attorneys?

Unlike now, with family and sycophants propping him up to make him presentable to the world, he'll be a pathetic, senile old man who won't have much to offer. He'll rage on and rage Tweet, but after a short while, who cares what he has to say anymore? Donald may go down rather quickly.

And his kids? Presently they're only useful to people who try to capitalize on the old man while still in office. Once he's out? Well, his kids and son-in-law aren't too bright or even likable.

I could be way off base, but am curious as to DU's speculation.

:whatever:

SoonerPride (6,071 posts)

1. I see him dead, or in prison, or in Russia.

All of those seem plausible to me.

Star Member brooklynite (60,537 posts)

2. What criminal charge would you bring against him that would result in prison time?

:popcorn:

Star Member Beakybird (1,352 posts)

5. Treason.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Star Member Maru Kitteh (22,344 posts)

6. That's not a real possibility. Read what is necessary for a

charge of treason, let alone a conviction.

Star Member Beakybird (1,352 posts)

12. Good point.

However, I see him being sworn under oath about many matters of national security and committing criminal perjury. Also, violating the emoluments clause of the constitution.

Star Member Mike 03 (10,637 posts)

9. His cult will drop away too.

They'll get tired of his repetitive ranting. When he's not in the Oval Office it will be easier to admit he is a loser.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if he can find the funding to purchase a position in that cheapjack network, maybe with loans from Deutsche Bank. But I concede it will be an utter failure. Even MAGAts won't be able to stand him after a certain point, because when all is said and done he didn't make their lives better, and for many of them things are worse than thought possible. (And by then many will know someone who died of the virus).

Star Member CrispyQ (27,824 posts)

16. He's gonna jones bad once he's out of office & no longer gets this kind of attention.

Even if he gets a network, he'll be a loser has-been that hardly anyone pays attention to, while the Obamas will win awards for their ongoing contributions.

"I've seen firsthand that being president doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are." ~Michelle Obama

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Rufus2010

Re: This is how I see Donald's future ...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »
The DUmp as usual:

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: This is how I see Donald's future ...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 12:04:47 PM »
"I've seen firsthand that being president doesn't change who you are. It reveals who you are." ~Michelle Obama
True. Mr. Obama was revealed to be what he always was, a SCFOAMF.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke