Author Topic: MineralMan Masks? What Masks? A Trip to the Farm Supply Store  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213290890

MineralMan
Masks? What Masks? A Trip to the Farm Supply Store

Our 50 lb. bag of raw peanuts in the shell was empty this morning, and the suet block feeder in the front yard is bare. So, it fell to me to drive to the farm supply store about 20 minutes away to buy new supplies for our non-farm feeding station. I live on the northeastern edge of St. Paul, MN, so rural places are not very far away, and there the local Mills Fleet Farm can be found.

So, I drove there, donned my Covid mask, had my cart sanitizing wipe in hand, and went into the store. I picked up what I needed and rolled my sanitized cart to the checkout area. I saw a number of other shoppers, although the store was far from crowded. I noticed that maybe one in ten people shopping had masks on. I was, apparently, an outlier. So, I checked out, returned to my car, loaded my loot into the car and sanitized my hands before getting back in the driver's seat.

I got some looks while in the store, though. People avoided me and suddenly found something they needed down a different aisle, I suppose. After all, I'm a white-bearded, mask-wearing old hippie freak, so I'm probably diseased and an Obama voter. I am the source of all their fears, apparently.

Now, the rural areas around St. Paul are Republican territory, in the Congressional District once held by the infamous Michele Bachmann. Apparently, the dwellers in that rural land have not heard of COVID-19 and aren't aware of social distancing, masks, gloves and other such precautions. Trump voters, one and all, I suppose.

It's OK. I distanced my anti-social self, kept my hands off my face, and sanitized everything in sight, including my hands. I'll be OK, but I'm not so sure about that 90% of people who are too Trump-like to wear masks.

Oh, well...

Hey, MM, would you take a few minutes to sign up and come over here?  I’ve got a couple of questions for your pompous ass. Seriously.

First, you’re being awfully snarky for someone who thinks this is so serious you will actually go out to get squirrel and bird feed. Seriously?  You’re going to be snarky about others when what you endangered yourself and others for was to feed wildlife that you shouldn’t be feeding in the first place. Shame on you.

Second, I absolutely LOVE reading about all you folks and your ‘N95’ masks. The field in which I work requires a tremendous amount of PPE, one piece of which is respirators. Our guys wear a lot of 1/2 face respirators with either a P100 or AG/OV filter on them. Now here’s something I know about those masks (and the N95’s are no different, there actually less than the P100’s), in order to wear these effectively one must be FIT tested. Yup. Guess what ... you may as well be wearing nothing if you’re wearing it with a BEARD you freak.

Sanctimonious ass.

KC

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

Re: MineralMan Masks? What Masks? A Trip to the Farm Supply Store
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 01:22:11 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213290890

Hey, MM, would you take a few minutes to sign up and come over here?  I’ve got a couple of questions for your pompous ass. Seriously.

First, you’re being awfully snarky for someone who thinks this is so serious you will actually go out to get squirrel and bird feed. Seriously?  You’re going to be snarky about others when what you endangered yourself and others for was to feed wildlife that you shouldn’t be feeding in the first place. Shame on you.

Second, I absolutely LOVE reading about all you folks and your ‘N95’ masks. The field in which I work requires a tremendous amount of PPE, one piece of which is respirators. Our guys wear a lot of 1/2 face respirators with either a P100 or AG/OV filter on them. Now here’s something I know about those masks (and the N95’s are no different, there actually less than the P100’s), in order to wear these effectively one must be FIT tested. Yup. Guess what ... you may as well be wearing nothing if you’re wearing it with a BEARD you freak.

Sanctimonious ass.

KC

Beat me to it. H5.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 01:38:48 PM »
MineralMan
Masks? What Masks? A Trip to the Farm Supply Store

Our 50 lb. bag of raw peanuts in the shell was empty this morning, and the suet block feeder in the front yard is bare. So, it fell to me to drive to the farm supply store about 20 minutes away to buy new supplies for our non-farm feeding station.
Minnesota has a stay-at-home order in place and people should only be out and about for essential reasons. Getting peanuts and suet does not seem to be an essential reason to be out.

https://www.minnpost.com/state-government/2020/04/what-you-need-to-know-about-minnesotas-revised-stay-at-home-order/
You can also leave your house to get food, including take-out, alcohol, gasoline, work-from-home supplies, materials to make masks and other protective equipment, and products needed to maintain safety, sanitation and the general operation of your house, bike, vehicle, or business. Laundromats and dry cleaners remain open.
Nope. Do not see bird food on there.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 02:01:02 PM »
It kills me when people wear the n95 masks with only 1 strap and don't pinch down the mask around their nose. they might as wel not be wearing it. :hammer:

H5  :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: Texacon. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 02:04:09 PM »
So, will it be a ban-worthy offense to necro this MM thread 3 weeks from now and ask him why there's no Covid-19 outbreak in the rural areas around St. Paul?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 02:35:08 PM »
It kills me when people wear the n95 masks with only 1 strap and don't pinch down the mask around their nose. they might as wel not be wearing it. :hammer:

Ugh. And then to be so smug about how ‘intelligent’ you are while everyone else is an idiot. They’re so delusional about what they think of themselves.

The guys I have in the field are welders, helpers, operators, etc. and they know how to wear their PPE and when it’s required. My craftsmen are the people these assholes make fun of and call stupid, but I’d put anyone of my folks up against these people in a test of intelligence any day.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 02:35:58 PM »
So, will it be a ban-worthy offense to necro this MM thread 3 weeks from now and ask him why there's no Covid-19 outbreak in the rural areas around St. Paul?

Please!  I’d pay money to watch that thread.

KC

*Stolen

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 04:57:46 PM »
I've seen a few people wearing masks, but my first inclination is not to think they don't believe others know about C-19, but rather they regard their physical condition to be high risk and they don't want to take a chance. If people are avoiding you, it's because you've shown outward signals that you want to be avoided by what you're wearing and what you're doing (wearing a mask and wiping down a cart).  These simple explanations apparently never occurs to the simpleminded rockhead.

Of course with rockhead it could very well be because he's a diseased, hippy, Obama supporter that hasn't bathed in months. So that can't be ruled out.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 11:42:19 AM »
If Rockhead came down with the Wuhan flu I sure as shit won't be losing any sleep at night. :bird:

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »
You a DUmbass and deserve to take a dirt nap. 

But because I care and know you care about what I think and because I feel it the conservative's burden this is for you MM.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/commentary-masks-all-covid-19-not-based-sound-data

I doubt you had a effective mask such as a 60% effective N95.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 06:42:22 PM »

I've seen some very well protected chins out and about lately
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 09:37:42 AM »
I've seen a few people wearing masks, but my first inclination is not to think they don't believe others know about C-19, but rather they regard their physical condition to be high risk and they don't want to take a chance. If people are avoiding you, it's because you've shown outward signals that you want to be avoided by what you're wearing and what you're doing (wearing a mask and wiping down a cart).  These simple explanations apparently never occurs to the simpleminded rockhead.

Of course with rockhead it could very well be because he's a diseased, hippy, Obama supporter that hasn't bathed in months. So that can't be ruled out.

I think it's pretty sound advice to wear a mask anytime a DUmmie is nearby. Your nose will thank you. :lmao:

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 09:42:36 AM »
you may as well be wearing nothing if you’re wearing it with a BEARD you freak.
Mineral Man wearing NOTHING? Now, how am I going to get THAT image out of my head?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »
I think it's pretty sound advice to wear a mask anytime a DUmmie is nearby. Your nose will thank you. :lmao:

Where do you get your gasp masks?

Not a typo
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.