Author Topic: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay  (Read 17842 times)

Offline mrclose

Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« on: October 02, 2017, 01:36:23 AM »
Breaking now ...

Police in Las Vegas are responding to reports of an active shooter near the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

At least one gunman is reported to have opened fire at a country music festival being held on the Las Vegas strip.

Videos on social media show hundreds of people fleeing from the scene. The sound of what appears to be automatic gunfire can be heard in some clips.

Las Vegas police have advised people to avoid the area. There are unconfirmed reports of multiple casualties.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41466116

Officials at the University Medical Center in Las Vegas told ABC News that it had at least 20 victims with gunshot wounds right now, with the expected to grow. The hospital did not provide information on the victims' conditions.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shooter-situation-las-vegas-police/story?id=50223240

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 01:44:29 AM by mrclose »
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

Re: Las Vegas: Active shooter reported near Mandalay Bay
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 02:00:44 AM »
You can hear the rapid fire in this video.

Shooters(?) were shooting from on high according to witnesses.

One girl was seen to be shot in the head.
At least two dead being reported right now.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/914742528611573761

~ Anonymous

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 03:49:58 AM »
20+ dead now, with off-duty LEOs among the dead. :banghead:

Reports say one shooter is now dead, and at least one LEO on duty is in critical condition.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:52:14 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 03:56:11 AM »
Police are saying that the shooter is dead, and there's a female accomplice/companion/roommate that LEOs are looking for.  Supposedly an automatic weapon was used.  Jason Aldean was on stage at the time.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:06:04 AM »
The shooter was on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel.  His "roommate" has been named as Marilou Danley, described as Asian, 4'11" and 111 pounds.  Her age is not being released.  LEOs are actively looking for her.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:28:25 AM by BlueStateSaint »

Chase her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 04:18:10 AM »
Two off-duty LEOs are among the dead. :banghead: :(

There's a Muslim scholar (Dr. Qanta Ahmed) on Fox News right now that is saying that this has the echoes of the shooting at the Arianda Grande concert in London, and even the Bataclan shooting in Paris.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:23:23 AM by BlueStateSaint »

Chase her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 04:28:41 AM »
Marilou Danley is Filipino, they are saying she is Asian.  Funny that they are not releasing the name of the deceased shooter yet.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 05:36:56 AM »
Marilou Danley is Filipino, they are saying she is Asian.  Funny that they are not releasing the name of the deceased shooter yet.

Just did--Stephen Paddock, age 64.

Hearing one of the videos of the shooting, the thing had to be belt-fed.  Or . . . Haven't there been (quietly) reported thefts of weapons from various National Guard armories across the country?  IIRC, there were a few thefts during the last Administration . . .

ETA:  The LEOs in the area are saying that they have located Marilou Danley.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:43:54 AM by BlueStateSaint »

Chase her.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 07:10:58 AM »
I hope the asshole died slowly and in great pain. 

The anti-gun freaks are going to pitch fits.  Same old BS memes will be drug out and polished.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:15:43 AM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 07:17:11 AM »
LV shooter Identified and rumors that he was a convert to islam
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/236219

The gunman responsible for a deadly shooting attack at a country music festival in Las Vegas has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, a resident of Mesquite, Nevada.

Police say Paddock had a criminal record, but no known ties to terrorism.

While initial reports claimed Paddock was a recent convert to Islam
, Clark County Sherrif Joseph Lombardo said he had no knowledge of Paddock's religious beliefs.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »

The anti-gun freaks are going to pitch fits.  Same old BS memes will be drug out and polished.

NO MATTER WHAT WEAPON WAS USED, IT STILL WASN'T AS DEADLY AS A TRUCK. 86 killed, 500 wounded in Nice, France.

Whether it is a truck or a gun, it doesn't matter because they are just tools.  :rant:

~ Anonymous

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »

Expect it before lunch. From the looks of the guy it was your run of the mill nutcase. I'm sure the Feds and local law enforcement are going through his residence and checking any form of social media to learn more about this guy.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 10:53:26 AM »
So, things I've read and heard this AM.

The shooter is "white" and fairly well off. He lived an hour and a half drive or so from Las Vegas. I've heard/read, variously, that he was found with 8, 10, or 10-or-more rifles. Add in accessories and ammunition, that's probably at least $10,000, if they were all just semi-automatic rifles. But ...

The morning drive show - level-headed hosts, not conspiracy-minded or smart-ass flakes - played audio from the shooting. I have no military or shooting range experience. That said, two things stood out to me (one of which a caller pointed out). First, the rate of fire sounded to me faster than what a person could do with a semi-automatic, especially while controlling their aim. Second, it sounded like at least two different guns, both probably automatic, based on the shots in the two separate extended bursts being of two different pitches.

IF some of his rifles were automatic rather than semi-automatic, those are hard to obtain legally, and very expensive. Converting semi- to full- is possible, but not trivial And not legal. And of course if they were obtained illegally, they were illegal. IF they were automatic: how and where did he get them; existing gun laws were violated but did not hinder him from carrying out this shooting.

The shooter checked into the hotel on the 28th, four days before the shooting. Among that, the number of guns, and being timed & placed to overlook a concert this was obviously carefully planned. Even carried in over that time, how in Hades did he get 10 rifles, accessories, and ammunition into the hotel unnoticed? How many lone individuals bring in that much large and heavy luggage and packages?

ISIS has claimed he had converted to Islam recently and was one of their "soldiers", but AFAIK there is no supporting evidence of this. His brother in FL, whose relationship was not very close, has said that the shooter was not particularly political or religious.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:55:40 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 01:49:20 PM »
I heard some recordings of the shooting and it sounded like an extremely high rate of fire. More than a regular M16 or AK, also it sounded like the bursts were more than a 30 rounfd mag. It  is possible he used 100 round drums , they are available for both guns. It also could have been a belt fed gun. It could have been a semi auto with one of the bump fire stocks, and not a full auto, as the bump fire stocks have a really high rate of fire, as fast as or faster than a  regular full auto.

What ever he used it will have the anti's heads exploding for more gun control.

This is a sad day for America.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »
Sounded like a belt fed weapon to me
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 07:29:16 PM »

That is what I thought too. I wonder if those weapons were stolen.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
CBS fires vice president who said Vegas victims didn't deserve sympathy because country music fans 'often are Republican'
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/02/top-cbs-lawyer-no-sympathy-for-vegas-vics-probably-republicans.html

CBS has parted ways with one of the company’s top lawyers after she said she is “not even sympathetic” to victims of the Las Vegas shooting because “country music fans often are Republican,” when discussing the tragic mass shooting that occurred in Las Vegas late Sunday night.

Monday night she issued a statement of apology.

“This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS. Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families,” a CBS spokeswoman told Fox News.

Hayley Geftman-Gold and Erin Fagan Silber =  :mental: :loser: :bird:

A school teacher posted vile stuff.

They need to lose their license.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:42:30 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 07:35:56 PM »

That's the first thing I thought of.  I thought that it might be a stolen M249--weren't one or two stolen from various National Guard armories during the Oministration?

Chase her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 07:39:47 PM »
That's the first thing I thought of.  I thought that it might be a stolen M249--weren't one or two stolen from various National Guard armories during the Oministration?

That is what I am thinking too.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 07:42:14 PM »
That is what I am thinking too.

Fox News, via Tucker Carlson, is now saying that this scumbag had 16 rifles in his room.  An M249 is a shoulder-fired weapon with a bipod.  It might have been misidentified.

Chase her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 07:44:53 PM »
Fox News, via Tucker Carlson, is now saying that this scumbag had 16 rifles in his room.  An M249 is a shoulder-fired weapon with a bipod.  It might have been misidentified.

Guns get misidentified.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »
Stephen Paddock's father was a convicted bank robber, on FBI 'Most Wanted' list
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/os-stephen-paddock-father-wanted-fbi-20171002-story.html

The father of Stephen Paddock — the gunman accused of killing dozens of people at a country music concert in Las Vegas — was a convicted bank robber and on the FBI’s “Most Wanted” list, according to the family.

Eric Paddock, who is Stephen Paddock’s brother and lives east of Orlando, told the New York Daily News that their father, Benjamin, was arrested in a 1960 bank robbery in Arizona. He made off with several thousand dollars.

Benjamin Hoskins Paddock escaped from prison in the late 1960s, according to the Arizona Republic. He was added to the FBI’s list of Ten Most Wanted Fugitives and described as “psychopathic'” with suicidal tendencies. He was captured nearly a decade later while managing a bingo parlor and using an assumed name.

The apple does not fall far from the tree.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
Desirina Boskovich‏ @thedesirina  7h7 hours ago
More
The GOP insists that the Vegas shooter's gun arsenal is "a right," but medical treatment for his 500+ survivors is merely "a privilege."
1,530 replies 77,318 retweets 129,081 likes
Reply 1.5K   Retweet 77K   Like 129K

More leftists stupidity.
https://twitter.com/thedesirina/status/914911683742699521
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 09:27:28 PM »
Las Vegas shooting: 'YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE' – SHOCK WARNING 45 minutes before attack
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/861252/Las-Vegas-shooting-latest-news-Mandalay-Bay-Route-91-Marilou-Danley

A LAS VEGAS shooting witness was reportedly warned that everyone at the Route 91 music festival was “going to die” 45 minutes before the attack near the Mandalay Bay hotel.

More than 50 people were killed and over 200 more injured after the Las Vegas shooting, according to Las Vegas police.

Chilling video has emerged showing the moment gunshots ring out during the busy music festival, cutting short Jason Aldean’s appearance as the packed out audience escaped the shooter in terror.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................................
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 09:55:40 PM »
CNN Reporter: Country Music Fans Are Likely Trump Supporters
http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/cnn-reporter-country-music-fans-are-likely-trump-supporters-video/

CNN’s Jeff Zeleny inexplicably pointed out Monday after the Las Vegas shooting that many country music fans are likely Trump supporters.

Shortly after Trump delivered prepared remarks to provide solace to victims of the deadliest mass shooting in United States’ history, CNN asked Zeleny, a senior White House correspondent, to analyze the speech.

Typical from CNN.  :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du