Author Topic: Damn you Trump cultists!  (Read 525 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Damn you Trump cultists!
« on: March 05, 2021, 03:03:14 PM »
Sarah (whose real name we are withholding) is a blonde woman in her twenties who won a fellowship to work in Governor Andrew Cuomo’s office in 2013. She was surprised, upon arriving, to be quickly invited by senior staffers to sit at a desk positioned right near the governor — in his “line of sight,” as she described it.

At first, she didn’t understand why. Another woman in the office offered her some insight, telling her Cuomo “likes blondes,” particularly those in stiletto heels.

“You gotta wear heels when he’s in Albany sweetie, that’s the rule,” she said the woman told her.

“I felt like I was special,” she said, adding she preferred a kiss on the cheek to the screams she heard directed at staff members who’d angered Cuomo or his top aides. She watched other women who didn’t fit the archetype get bullied and mocked.

“I knew by looking cute, and not being obstinate or opinionated, and doing what I was told and looking polished... That is the only way I would survive there," she said.

“They push you until you want to be there. You want them to like you,” one former staffer said. Another, who said she’s been talking with former employees since the allegations broke, put it this way: “We’re all kind of waking up to the fact that we were in a cult.”

https://gothamist.com/news/its-the-cuomo-way-former-staffers-describe-toxic-workplace-under-governors-relentless-thumb
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 3rd-try

Re: Damn you Trump cultists!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 11:16:57 AM »
The people who are just now realizing Cuomo is a self-serving thug  seriously need to expand their sources for news. It's like getting a phone-alert of an approaching tornado warning for 3 weeks ago.
Everybody in Croatia knew about Cuomo years ago.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »
Andy and Chris are two birds of a feather. Chris' behavior a few months ago on the whole Fredo thing (which was funny as hell) and justified by him because he's a New Yorker, is all you had to know. They are both thugs and revel in it because they think they're badasses.

Question is, why do these staffers put up with that shit? The women who have come forward worked for him for two years in some cases. Why did it take so long for them to decide that Andy was a cretin?

Why do the men staffers put up with his abuse?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 01:02:50 PM »
Question is, why do these staffers put up with that shit? The women who have come forward worked for him for two years in some cases. Why did it take so long for them to decide that Andy was a cretin?

Why do the men staffers put up with his abuse?

You gotta go along to get along; and how else are you going to get along to beat those evil, misogynist Republicans?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 04:29:42 PM »
You gotta go along to get along; and how else are you going to get along to beat those evil, misogynist Republicans?

The questions I posed were rhetorical, of course.

But now that you've answered them of sorts, it's my take that these "staffers" were so besotted by Andy the Cretin that they were more than willing to endure shitty treatment just to breathlessly say that they worked for the Luv Guv.

In other words, these "staffers" and their love affair with shitty NY politics outweighs whatever pisspoor treatment they got.

Fail.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.