Author Topic: Where have all the Vikings gone?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Where have all the Vikings gone?
« on: August 09, 2008, 12:06:37 PM »
Due to time constraints, I will tell you about the main article that caught my eye--the one on men acting like women in Scandinavia. The author, Elizabeth Debold, sets out to Scandinavia to find out how "gender equality" is playing itself out in that culture. She starts out the article describing how in Sweden, for a man to pee standing up is increasingly considered to be "the height of vulgarity and possibly suggestive of violence." Debold seems surprised to find out that gender equality is not all it's cracked up to be, especially when she discovers that the new equality is nothing more than "patriarchy in drag." Despite progressive sources that suggest that Scandinavians, particularly Danes, are the happiest people in the world, possibly because they are so egalitarian, Debold finds out that men there are not doing so well.

Apparently, relationships and having a good sex life is of the highest value in places like Denmark. Yet, Denmark has one of the world's highest divorce rates. In eight out of ten cases, the woman ends the marriage. Debold attends a men's group in Copenhagen and notes that "the men speak about a vague, almost inchoate experience of victimization."

One man responds to the sense of victimization, "There's a kind of victimization with not knowing which way to go, how you are supposed to be, what to do in a relationship. We're in a double bind." Another man states, "I have tried to give women what they say they want, but they always want something else. Women think that what they want is for the man to really talk and to be at home with the kids. But she doesn't want that for long. She wants a strong man."

A guy named Bo states, "We end up relating to women in a way that is more like woman to woman, not man to woman. We are feminized in our relationships, and they don't last."

There is constant fear in the men there that they are always doing something wrong, and who can blame them? They are told that they are somehow guilty of oppressing women from a young age. In Sweden, little boys are given dolls to play with and girls are given tractors. Pupils in Demark are sent to do traditional women's jobs because of an "equality" project. All of this indoctrination and brainwashing is, in my opinion, sick and abusive.

Let's hope the US never goes the way of Scandinavia--for all the talk about equality, it sounds like the men there are nothing but second class citizens who are lost, lonely and victimized. We must all keep up the fight for men's rights and fight male bashing and misandry whenever we see it in order to keep this from happening in our country.

http://drhelen.blogspot.com/2008/08/where-have-all-vikings-gone.html
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Where have all the Vikings gone?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 12:35:10 PM »
I think that sort of social engineering is a bit harder to achieve here in the USA.   Sweden is less than half the size of Texas and has a population a little greater than the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area.  The rest of Scandnavia is even smaller.  That means in the grand scheme of thing, it isn't a very influential entity.

Some men in the fifty countries we call the United States may be in tune to the feminization of the American Male, but there aren't enough of them to overcome human nature.  American men are going to be men.  They are not, as a whole, going to allow themselves to be dominated in the long run. 

I doubt the trend will continue too much longer in Scandivania countries.  Human nature always wins.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »
Thank goodness.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 01:59:13 PM »
Dixie, The Viking men are still thriving well. They were migrated. History has it they raided many countries including Ireland, England, France, Italy, Mongolia,and others.They raided the places they went and raped the women. They helped Russia set up they're beginning government. And traded with Constantinople.

They converted to Christianity in about 1100.

So don't worry about the Vikings, They are strong, powerful,and resourceful. They made sure their legacy wouldn't vanish. We have many here in the U.S.A. Including Texas.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
Whether you call them "Vikings" or something else, I know real men still exist. I just found it satisfying to read what I already knew. Feminizing men and blurring the differences between the sexes has been one of the biggest failed social experiments of all time.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 01:59:47 PM »
They drove their ships to new lands.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 08:11:37 AM »

DAT, Zep fan, huh ?? 
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 09:43:22 AM »

DAT, Zep fan, huh ?? 

Not big time, but I've always loved that one!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 11:50:30 AM »
 There were Jewish Vikings in the 1200's

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 05:43:30 PM »
If one cares to look for the result of the emasculation of man...one needs to look no further than Barrack Hussein Obama.

Offline MAGA2024

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 11:33:43 AM »
I have been binge watching the series "Vikings". It is fantastic, and has a lot of facts to it, although much is fictional too. But the places and names are historically correct.