Author Topic: Rand Paul is belting out an Old School Filibuster!!  (Read 13366 times)

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Rand Paul is belting out an Old School Filibuster!!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:04 PM »
However little Paul is doing, it's far more than any other republican has done so far.

Our standards are really that low now? All it takes is someone that does just a little something that is meaningless in the end and we heap praise on him?
I'm sorry I'm not impressed when someone takes a limited stand then rolls over and votes to confirm the preezy's pick.

I realize that Paul's vote will not be the deciding vote and that Brennan will get confirmed without it, however I wish he would have the balls to stand up and vote no. I want people in our party who will actually take a stand and continue to until the end, even if they lose.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 08:51:53 PM »
See I told you you non believers.

Unless Rand votes NO then I will continue to be a non believer.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »
Hell, even the DUmpmonkeys are cheering on Paul, "cheering" relatively speaking of course. Not worth posting in the DU thread because most of the comments are actually rational.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1014417219
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 09:16:34 PM »
I'm not a believer and Rand will probably vote for 0bama's dr0nes but I'll cheer this on!
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »
I'm not a believer and Rand will probably vote for 0bama's dr0nes but I'll cheer this on!

I will start cheering when we have someone who will stand up until the end.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »
I will start cheering when we have someone who will stand up until the end.

I am with you.  But, I pray every day for Ted Cruz. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
I am with you.  But, I pray every day for Ted Cruz. 

I'm sure he will piss me off someday too.  :-)

All I ask is if you are going to take a stand, take a stand until the end. Don't take a stand then vote for confirmation the next day.

I can just imagine the campaign in 2016 if Rand is the candidate, "I actually voted against Brennan, before I voted for him".  :banghead:

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 09:29:10 PM »
This was the fifth story on the low-info's favorite, Yahoo front page but now it is gone. Sharks in Florida are more important.

I sent them feedback. For all the good it will do.

“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
I'm sure he will piss me off someday too.  :-)

All I ask is if you are going to take a stand, take a stand until the end. Don't take a stand then vote for confirmation the next day.

I can just imagine the campaign in 2016 if Rand is the candidate, "I actually voted against Brennan, before I voted for him".  :banghead:

I hear what you are saying, but hang tight on Ted for a little.  He's done more in two months, than more have done in their whole career.  I believe in him.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »
Ah, the great St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V.

Once more into into the breach, dear friends, once more!
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »
Patton speech, PG version.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 09:41:15 PM »
Liberty does not have a party affiliation.

Except it isn't affiliated with the Democrat Party by the choice of that party.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »
I like him.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 09:48:58 PM »
I hear what you are saying, but hang tight on Ted for a little.  He's done more in two months, than more have done in their whole career.  I believe in him.

Agreed H5

Offline thundley4

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »
Rand Paul, the new Energizer Bunny.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2013, 11:41:38 PM »
IT'S OVER.

The point was made. Now let's see how the R's vote tomorrow.

Hopefully, they will carry this type of filibuster on any budget issues, particularly those involving Obamacare.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2013, 11:48:17 PM »
IT'S OVER.

Hopefully, they will carry this type of filibuster on any budget issues, particularly those involving Obamacare.
If it is GOP business as usual tomorrow, then the Yahoo front page will win.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »
If it is GOP business as usual tomorrow, then the Yahoo front page will win.

Dr. Nutz Jr. is already on record saying he'll march in lockstep with the (RINO) GOP leadership, and affirm Brennan's nomination when the roll is called, so what, precisely, did li'l Randy accomplish by grandstanding for the flagging support of the conservative base?

Him who speaks (incessantly) with forked tongue will not tell me as much about his character by his words, so much as he'll show me his character by what he does, and tomorrow, Dr. Nutz Jr. is going to bend each of you over at the waist and - in chorus with the rest of the RINOs - gang rape every last one of you who thought this little day of political kabuki theater mattered a fraction of a rats ass.

Don't forget your rape whistles, kids.  :thatsright:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 05:10:39 AM »
IT'S OVER.

I can tell you how they will vote. Rand Paul, John McCain, Lindsay Graham and probably several other "GOP" senators will happily push the yes button and help Brennan become the next CIA director.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 05:18:01 AM »
But it's not about the Brennan vote, I don't think. It's about a very real threat of executive branch overreach where drones are concerned.  This just happened to be the issue that got filibustered.

That an R actually did an honest-to-God filibuster on an important point of Constitutional law makes me happy. I guess I'm not as jaded as I thought.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 05:29:11 AM »
But it's not about the Brennan vote, I don't think. It's about a very real threat of executive branch overreach where drones are concerned.  This just happened to be the issue that got filibustered.

That an R actually did an honest-to-God filibuster on an important point of Constitutional law makes me happy. I guess I'm not as jaded as I thought.

Yeah well wake me up when they actually back up their words by actually doing something.

The fact that a meaningless filibuster has everyone so happy shows how pathetic the political state of this country has become.
At the end of the day Brennan will be confirmed with plenty of help from the GOP, and the preezy will still reserve the right to use drones on anyone he wishes and even if he does go as far as to use one, all that will happen is some bellyaching, but no one will actually do anything to act on it.

I have a theory that the whole drone thing is a set up to begin with. Holder answers the questions like he did, some of the repukes throw a fit, then 0bama can go around and say, 'Gee those republicans are some nutty people" and the low information voters will eat it up.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 08:07:48 AM »

Werd! H5

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 08:09:26 AM »
Yeah well wake me up when they actually back up their words by actually doing something.

The fact that a meaningless filibuster has everyone so happy shows how pathetic the political state of this country has become.
At the end of the day Brennan will be confirmed with plenty of help from the GOP, and the preezy will still reserve the right to use drones on anyone he wishes and even if he does go as far as to use one, all that will happen is some bellyaching, but no one will actually do anything to act on it.

I have a theory that the whole drone thing is a set up to begin with. Holder answers the questions like he did, some of the repukes throw a fit, then 0bama can go around and say, 'Gee those republicans are some nutty people" and the low information voters will eat it up.

Who pissed in your Wheaties

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 08:47:23 AM »
Who pissed in your Wheaties

Grumpy Cat.  :-)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »

Well stated, sir.  :yeahthat: :agree: :werd:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus