Author Topic: Another Civil War in the United States?  (Read 7567 times)

Offline Right and Proud

• Probationary (Probie)
Another Civil War in the United States?
« on: January 01, 2013, 05:25:51 PM »
I suspect we can all agree that the United States hasn't been this politically divided since the late 1850s.  And we all know what that division led to. 

So is another Civil War brewing in this country?

Is it inevitable?

Avoidable?

Just one possibility among many?

Can civil war be averted if some states secede, or will that just guarantee it?

My honest opinion is I don't know what can and can't happen - the actions and ideological positions of the left never make sense to me - but I don't feel very optimistic about remaining a united United States.

I could be wrong, and just worrying too much.  But I have four soldier-age sons, and I can't help worrying about it.

I'd really appreciate other views.

Thanks!

I'm one of the 250,000,000-plus Americans who did NOT vote for Obama.

"Conservative," by definition, means NOT EXTREME. Right-wing extremists are no more conservative than leftists are.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
Re: Another Civil War in the United States?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »
Conditions will have to get much worse first.....like a major food shortage for instance...it would take something that drastic to get people out with their weapons and ready to fight.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »
I don't think a civil war is likely, but at some point the Demonrats will run out of OPM, and the government teat will run dry.  That will lead to a decrease in population when the moochers and takers start rioting.

The Dems know that and that is why they want to disarm law abiding citizens.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »
No. 

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »
I don't think a civil war is likely, but at some point the Demonrats will run out of OPM, and the government teat will run dry.  That will lead to a decrease in population when the moochers and takers start rioting.

The Dems know that and that is why they want to disarm law abiding citizens.

It would be interesting if someone conducted a poll of democrats and see exactly how many of them want gun control versus how many republicans want gun control

I have no stats to back this up but i kinda suspect that it is the democratic leadership that is pushing the gun control issue and not the people.....just my opinion.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
Extremely unlikely...roughly as unlikely as Obama's policies actually coming through on the free Skittles-shitting unicorns for everyone, actually.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
Extremely unlikely...roughly as unlikely as Obama's policies actually coming through on the free Skittles-shitting unicorns for everyone, actually.

We live in interesting times.....things are changing very quickly.....it would be nothing short of arrogancy to contemplate the possibility of civil unrest in the next few years......any sort of huge disaster man made or otherwise could push the nation into armed conflict.  Do not think for one moment just because this is America that it could not happen.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 07:19:50 PM »
I meant to say to fail to contemplate the possibility of social unrest.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »
I would never want to see this country plunge into another civil war. Even if we disagree politically. It was a tragedy the first time and it could only get worse the second time.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
I would never want to see this country plunge into another civil war. Even if we disagree politically. It was a tragedy the first time and it could only get worse the second time.

Most know very little about the War Between The States....if it hapens again it will be completely davastating.  Some very intelligenct people have suggested the possibility...it is something that deserves serious thought for sure.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »
Russian Scholar Says America Will Break Apart............http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457550,00.html

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »
The more appropriate name for that conflict is....The War Between The States

http://www.ncwbts150.com/CivilWarorWarBetweentheStates.php

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
Most know very little about the War Between The States....if it hapens again it will be completely davastating.  Some very intelligenct people have suggested the possibility...it is something that deserves serious thought for sure.

You are starting to bore the **** out of me.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »
We live in interesting times.....things are changing very quickly.....it would be nothing short of arrogancy to contemplate the possibility of civil unrest in the next few years......any sort of huge disaster man made or otherwise could push the nation into armed conflict.  Do not think for one moment just because this is America that it could not happen.

Arrogancy? Is that different from arrogance?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »
Arrogancy? Is that different from arrogance?

Check with the School Marm or the grammar cop.  heh heh

Offline 5412

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »
Hi,

I think it will happen.  There was a Russian scholar after the 2008 election that predicted the breakup of the US much like happened to the Soviet Union.  He then showed the country breaking up into five parts.  His reasoning for the breakup made sense; however I disagreed with how it would turn out..

When you look at the demographics of voting by county you will notice that the vast majority of the geography votes republican; it is predominately the inner cities that are democrats.

I don't feel that it will be totally taxation that does it as much as continued erosion of individual freedom.  The most interest part is there are already secessionist movements taking place.  BO basically said no state will secede that was decided in the 1860's; however that does not make it so.

Here is my question.  If several states decided to secede and form a new union, who is going to fight to preserve the union?  The welfare class who are on the dole?

Happy New Year everyone,

Offline Right and Proud

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »
Another civil war in the United States would be between . . . who?

Not states, because the north/south geographical divide no longer applies.

Would the county-by-county voting map from the 2012 election mean anything?

I'm one of the 250,000,000-plus Americans who did NOT vote for Obama.

"Conservative," by definition, means NOT EXTREME. Right-wing extremists are no more conservative than leftists are.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 07:54:26 PM »
You are starting to bore the **** out of me.

Put me on ignore then.....ah duh!

Where do such ignoramouses come from?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
There will not be a civil war. Obama doesn't have an army of people willing to die for obamaphones.
My worst case scenario is secession: Conservative states leave the union and Obama does nothing.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 07:55:37 PM »

You're not worth the effort to put you on ignore. I'd rather type snarky responses to your dumbass statements.

As to where you ignoramuses come from -- that's a great question. Where DO you come from?

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 07:55:51 PM »

You ARE being an asshole.

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 07:56:07 PM »
Hi,

I think it will happen.  There was a Russian scholar after the 2008 election that predicted the breakup of the US much like happened to the Soviet Union.  He then showed the country breaking up into five parts.  His reasoning for the breakup made sense; however I disagreed with how it would turn out..

When you look at the demographics of voting by county you will notice that the vast majority of the geography votes republican; it is predominately the inner cities that are democrats.

I don't feel that it will be totally taxation that does it as much as continued erosion of individual freedom.  The most interest part is there are already secessionist movements taking place.  BO basically said no state will secede that was decided in the 1860's; however that does not make it so.

Here is my question.  If several states decided to secede and form a new union, who is going to fight to preserve the union?  The welfare class who are on the dole?

Happy New Year everyone,

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 08:00:54 PM »
Hi,

Happy New Year everyone,

There is a link above about the Russian.....I do not think the coming civil unrest will be like the War Between the States ....it will not be so formal.   Ever heard of the term...'Assymetrical Warfare' that is most likely what it will be like.   

There will be No North South struggle...it will be a struggle for survival....it will start out as rioting in the big cities...most likely food riots....then people will start forming alliances....families,neighborhoods, regions etc.  these alliances will produce war lords of a sort...so there will be a complete break down first of law and order then regional and national battles. 

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
You ARE being an asshole.

You are entitled to your opinion.....and opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.  heh heh

Offline SmilinJack

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 08:04:03 PM »
There will not be a civil war. Obama doesn't have an army of people willing to die for obamaphones.
My worst case scenario is secession: Conservative states leave the union and Obama does nothing.

I do not think the coming violence will begin like that.  As I have already posted.....it will take a huge disaster to initiate it and then a breakdown of law and order...then it will be every man for himself...those that can form the most potent miltaristic groups will dominate.