Author Topic: atheists, people under 30, minorities ......... please respond  (Read 6642 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: atheists, people under 30, minorities ......... please respond
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 08:35:59 PM »

I prefer to give Dodd what it wants.

It wants to claim that Authority X is the final word (nevermind the fact he makes a crappy advocate for science as he infers (a)morality from empirical observation) regardless of what free people may choose to govern themselves.

OK. Fine. Let's play.

All economists will tell you that the elderly take more than they produce as their working years are past them. Moreover, the older they become the more resources they take vis-a-vis medicine etc from society's producers. Ditto the mentally insane, the infirm and drug addicts. And all able bodied persons should be made to work.

Now, what sort of society could we build based on such scientific assertions?

Does Dodd still want to play?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
I prefer to give Dodd what it wants.

It wants to claim that Authority X is the final word (nevermind the fact he makes a crappy advocate for science as he infers (a)morality from empirical observation) regardless of what free people may choose to govern themselves.

OK. Fine. Let's play.

All economists will tell you that the elderly take more than they produce as their working years are past them. Moreover, the older they become the more resources they take vis-a-vis medicine etc from society's producers. Ditto the mentally insane, the infirm and drug addicts. And all able bodied persons should be made to work.

Now, what sort of society could we build based on such scientific assertions?

Does Dodd still want to play?

Well, they do claim that since the unborn child can not survive on its own, that it is not a life. Transfer that to the elderly and the disabled and euthanasia is not all that far fetched.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
Well, they do claim that since the unborn child can not survive on its own, that it is not a life. Transfer that to the elderly and the disabled and euthanasia is not all that far fetched.

To liberals it's all a game, only they never intend to play by the rules they make for others.

They couldn't; it's be their doom.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
To liberals it's all a game, only they never intend to play by the rules they make for others.

They couldn't; it's be their doom.

That's sorta right Sgt Bunny I think.

The only correction I would offer is that it is not a game for them any more then it it is game for us.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »
The left loves to bring up the Catholic pedophiles, yet we see story after story where some teacher or some child care worker has abused children, and a lot of times there was an attempted cover up just like in the church. Yet they only blast the church for their sins and excuse the schools. It must be a coincidence that they don't blast the institution full of liberals and blast the one full of conservatives.

Jerry Sandusky and Penn State.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »
Debate club!

For what its worth I wouldn't mind having a discussion with any of the good folkes on this board.

I offer to take the liberal position and you take the conservative side.

That's my offer, if you care to take me up on it, let me know.

We can work that out between us.

The actual conversation will be open to the good folkes of this board.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
I want to really know if you are conservative and fall into non traditional conservative category ie..    young , female, atheist, homosexual, other than pasty white or liberal in other areas such as drugs.   I believe people can believe in conservative values and be any color, age , sex or orientation.

Well, sorry to disappoint ya, but I'm a straight White male, around 60...however there's some Indians uhhh, Native Americans in the family woodpiles, but bragging about that and keeping records proving it wasn't exactly the done thing back in the frontier days, so it's just a family footnote instead of a tribal affiliation.  I'm pretty much nonreligious, though, kind of a completely backslid nonobservant half-Catholic/half-Protestant, with Pagan, Asutran, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, and Atheist friends and acquaintances over the years, and a Sufi Muslim in-law, and definitely not anti-religion; I guess most would call me an Agnostic.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2012, 02:06:33 AM »
Since when is "conservative" a party?

Since you idiot Libtards decided to brand any and all Republicans as such.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2012, 02:11:27 AM »
No where in the New Testament, the Christian section,

Typical Libtard...the ENTIRE Bible is the "Christian section".

is Christ against abortion

Luke 18:16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

nor homosexuals.

And neither does it say he is.  And he also instructs to honor the teaching of His father...God.

Meaning homosexuality is not allowed.

And he ORDERS people to separate church and state.

What is the official religion that is endorsed by the U.S. Government?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2012, 08:03:51 AM »
The only threat by people of faith come when they try to deny secular rights in a secular nation to groups of citizens.

Oh, you mean like when atheists want to remove "In God We Trust" from coinage, or remove nativity scenes, or crosses from PRIVATE property?

M'kay, thanks for playing, come again when you can't stay so long.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 08:06:11 AM »
No, a woman should have a right to birth control to control the number of children she wants, when she wants them and by whom.  If the birth control fails and she wants to end the pregnancy, then abortion is available to her.  THat's HER right to her choices on reproduction.   NOT yours.

Sides, between the baptist ministers and the catholic churches hiding pedophiles, you get kinda suspicious as to why the religious right is against abortion...want to just keep feeding new young ones to abuse to your ministers and priests?

Christ is NOT against abortion nor homosexuals.

There's a real easy way to do that.  Say it with me..."NO."

See how easy that was?  No muss, no fuss.  And I'm pretty sure Christ would be appalled by abortion--truly killing the innocent.  Yet you have no problem with defending the lives of the scum-sucking shitbags who have taken numerous lives.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 09:37:54 AM »

See how easy that was?  No muss, no fuss.  And I'm pretty sure Christ would be appalled by abortion--truly killing the innocent.  Yet you have no problem with defending the lives of the scum-sucking shitbags who have taken numerous lives.

But liberal women are incapable of self - control. They have the impulses of common barn animals.

Don't believe me?  Just look at everything the liberals have been saying for the last few decades.

Offline Dori

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:49 AM »
I think this thread got a little bit hi-jacked.  :whatever:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
But liberal women are incapable of self - control. They have the impulses of common barn animals.

Don't believe me?  Just look at everything the liberals have been saying for the last few decades.

How's that saying go?  I dig liberal chicks, cause they put out easy and don't keep the baby...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
How's that saying go?  I dig liberal chicks, cause they put out easy and don't keep the baby...

heh

I started that with a t-shirt.

Offline Sam Dodd

• I'm liberal
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »

There were abortions in Christ's time.  There have ALWAYS been abortions as much as there have been hookers.    They are terminating THEIR pregnancy for whatever THEY choose because YOU refuse to take in all the unwanted babies in the world.  So, in a round about way, YOUR refusal to raise all the children in orphanages or foster homes is what is upping abortion. :tongue:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »
There were abortions in Christ's time.  There have ALWAYS been abortions as much as there have been hookers.    They are terminating THEIR pregnancy for whatever THEY choose because YOU refuse to take in all the unwanted babies in the world.  So, in a round about way, YOUR refusal to raise all the children in orphanages or foster homes is what is upping abortion. :tongue:

You know what?  You're right--I refuse to take in all the unwanted babies, because I didn't make them.

Can't feed 'em?  DON'T BREED 'EM!

Offline Sam Dodd

• I'm liberal
  • Just Off Probation
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 02:00:54 PM »
You know what?  You're right--I refuse to take in all the unwanted babies, because I didn't make them.

Can't feed 'em?  DON'T BREED 'EM!

Don't want to breed but just enjoy sex?  BE allowed birth control. Birth control breaks, get the morning after pill.

Then you don't have them.

Men, some of us are really arrogant because we aren't the ones getting caught.

Offline Karin

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
Can we change topics, for the moment?  Sam, on page one, the beliefs of the conservative party were posted:

We Believe:

Unalienable rights to life and liberty are given to us by our Creator; these rights exist separate from, and are superior to, government.
    Individuals are responsible for securing the blessings of liberty through the exercise of their rights.
    The individual is sovereign over one's person; their labors constitute a foundation for private property that is not subject to the demands of others.
    Governments are formed by the will of the people to secure and defend human liberty.
    Law exists to support liberty and mediate disputes where conduct of one infringes upon the rights of another.
    The armed forces and law enforcement exist to bolster private defense, not to supplant it.
    The American Experiment was born out of these beliefs and it has resulted in a bountiful gain for the human condition.

To which you scoffed them, calling them born-again teabagging crap or somesuch.  As I read through them, they seem emminently reasonable to me.  Can you pick one, just one, and tell me why it's so worthy of mockery? 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »
Don't want to breed but just enjoy sex?  BE allowed birth control. Birth control breaks, get the morning after pill.

Then you don't have them.

Men, some of us are really arrogant because we aren't the ones getting caught.

Okay, fine--have birth control.  But don't expect me to pay for it.  Actions, consequences, shit like that.  Was that really so ****ing hard?  (Pun intended.)

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 03:18:34 PM »
Okay, fine--have birth control.  But don't expect me to pay for it.  Actions, consequences, shit like that.  Was that really so ****ing hard?   (Pun intended.)

In Sammy's case the punis most appropriate.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11:41 PM »
The secular institution of marriage to get a marriage license in this nation.  The right to an abortion and to be counseled about abortions up to week 12.  After that, the right to counsel with a doctor about an abortion.

The right to keep public education secular and religion out of it.

Why is it so important to kill humans and have buttseks?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 04:15:03 PM »

1. You're an idiot. Seriously. "It's always been that way," is not a justification because that would justify everything.

2. You're an idiot. Seriously. "If you don't stop it, you're personally responsible," makes you equally culpable for -- well -- everything.

3. You're an idiot. Seriously. There are abortion alternative providers actively seeking out mothers to help them, even keeping the families together.

4. You're just an idiot.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »
There were abortions in Christ's time.  There have ALWAYS been abortions as much as there have been hookers.   

It was also perfectly okay to kill people because they affronted your religion or just because they pissed you off bad enough, as long as they weren't the power class.  Also to keep slave girls and screw them to your heart's content, as long as it didn't piss off your wife's family enough to kill you.

Not the strongest line of argument in the world.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
Well, I've been reading Sam Dodd's posts.  I do believe he watches MSNBC day and night and spews their talking points.  

Sam is pro-choice, except when it comes to what conservatives can do with their own hard-earned money.  He believes that we should pay for everyone's birth control.

Sam is your typical liberal idiot.  He expects conservatives to take responsibility for their own behavior, as well as everyone else's. 

It's good to know that MSNBC has ten viewers now.  
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:43:51 PM by Traveshamockery »