Author Topic: An Open Letter to Occupy Wall Street from a New York City Police Officer  (Read 401 times)

Offline CG6468

Guest Post: An Open Letter to Occupy Wall Street from a New York City Police Officer
Written on March 23, 2012 by Anonymous in Occupy Wall Street

EDITOR’S NOTE: THE FOLLOWING POST WAS SUBMITTED BY A NEW YORK CITY POLICE OFFICER TO OUR NORTH JERSEY CONTRIBUTOR, JOSHUA EINSTEIN. THE AUTHOR WISHES TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS…

After the sixth month anniversary of OWS, I have read in disgust your movement’s blog postings where you advocate violence against police officers.

Just yesterday, there was a Twitter posting instructing your members to take out a cop or two and I have see many comments after news articles that advocate violence. While I know that individual twitter users and commentators do not speak for the whole movement, just as I do not speak for all cops, the continuing call to violence is a black eye for the OWS movement.

What has gone on in the past in Oakland and Davis, CA and here in NYC is unacceptable and your leaders need to speak out against it….

Videos pop up daily calling cops “pigs” and selectively show edited clips of protestors being arrested – after they assault police officers. Protestors purposefully disobey, threaten, and attack police officers provoking them into physical confrontation for the purpose of getting it on video all the while chanting “the whole world watching”.  Lt. John Pike of the UC Davis Police is one of the victims of your spectacles.  In fact, I am sure very few of OWS protestors have actually seen the entire video from that day. Watch it on YouTube. It’s up there, except it doesn’t make for good ratings or PR.

I understand you’re upset. I am too. See I joined the police department on my 21st birthday, 9 years ago, because I decided I wanted to do something to help people. So I left school and joined the police department. In that time, I have seen a little girl get crushed by a car in front of her mother, rescued senior citizens from a fire in their housing complex, had more than one gun pointed at me, been involved in foot and motor vehicle chases with really bad people, caught burglars, captured a guy who would sneak into girl’s dorm rooms and take videos of them showering, and helped reunite a senior citizen suffering from dementia with her family.

This is just a sampling of some of the things I have done during the last 9 years. During that time, I have attended law school part time and finished my undergraduate degree in civil engineering with honors. So although you may call me a “stupid pig”, I am far from dumb.

Just like us, this cop doesn't like occupoopers
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline sybilll

I wonder if it was in response to this little gem from 3/22: http://weaselzippers.us/2012/03/22/video-occupiers-taunt-nyc-police-officers-with-doughnut-on-a-string/
Although I could post a page full of this crap, taunting the police like this, and speaking to them exposed in this video is vile.  In my day, heads would have been cracking.  I give the NYPD major props for composure.