Author Topic: I hope McLame reads this.  (Read 13338 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: I hope McLame reads this.
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2008, 07:52:22 PM »
I tend to think that Rev. Wright is trying to actually hurt Obama's chance at the Presidency because he wants to show that America is a "racist" nation and wants a riot. Rev. Wright is nutcase times 1,000,000. Anyways, I don't think McCain should interfere with what NC is doing for their political ads because that would be an interference of the First Amendment. Yes, he does have the right to criticize, but also they have the right to air it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 07:54:33 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Lacarnut

Re: I hope McLame reads this.
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2008, 07:59:17 PM »
I'm not sure that you speak for all "thinking conservatives", first of all.  and quite frankly, I am running out of patience for this line of reasoning.  when president obama nationalizes what left of the private health care industry, confiscates your income, and strips the defenses of this country, I don't want to hear any bitching out of the people that stayed home on election day.

As I have stated more than once, I've seen presidents come and go, and have managed to minimize the impact of hundreds of bad decisions made by politicians of both parties......I don't bitch, I compensate.....and so far have managed to do OK for myself and my family.  I certainly am not threatened by a president Obama, or another Clinton......if that is what the voters want.......we will compensate and survive.

However, when it comes to my vote, and the personal integrity that it represents to me, I find it difficult to grant that great priviledge to an individual that obviously views me with distain......no one is asking you to defend McCain....he is a big boy, and is perfectly capable of making a political loser out of himself without anyone else's assistance......

doc

AMEN Doc.  Well said.  I prefer to vote for a candidate that I can actually support vs. voting for one that I merely dislike less than the others.

I voted for GW Bush both times.  I did so because he was a candidate that I felt I could honestly support.  It had nothing to do with my dislike of Gore or Kerry.  Has Bush doen a few things I have disliked?  Yes.  Especially in his 2nd term.

After 9/11 happened on his watch I'd think he would have been more inclined to take our border security much more seriously, but now that we are hearing more and more about the North American Union and he seems to be on board with it..... (I haven't heard him speaking against it at any rate)

I would think most conservatives would want to take into consideration of what's best for the country rather than their own personal likes or dislikes of a candidate. I am going to vote for McCain not because I like him but because he will implement policies of following importance:

1. National security, war on terror, military spending, etc. It has been 7 years since 9/11. I am amazed we have not been attacked agin. The Prez and intelligence agencies have done a great job. All of that could change if a Democrat is elected Prez. Lest not forget the disdain that Carter, Gore, Kerry, Clinton had for the military, CIA, FBI, etc. Not only that they slashed the hell out their budgets. Don't know about anybody else, but life and death is my #1 issue along with my fellow Americans. It kinda makes the rest of the issues like guns, Gitzo, abortion, etc meaningless.

2. Taxes-McCain is for lowering your taxes and Obama is for raising them. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out with all the added and increased social programs that your taxes are going up by leaps and bounds. The Democrats will implement higher gasoline taxes, higher social security taxes, higher capital gains taxes, higher income taxes, etc.  

3. Socialized Meds--Obama will give you EU/Canadian style health care. McCain will not.

4. If Obama wins the Presidency, he will in all probably sweep in a 60 plus majority in the Senate. If that happens, there is nothing that Repubs can do to stop any legislation from becoming law. If you know beans about the 3 branches of government, that will be a DISASTER.

I am voting against my self interest by pulling the lever for McCain. Obama says he is not going to tax Social Security and will repeal WEP that affects civil service workers who get a pension from both. However, my benefits are cut in half. So you see if Obama gets in there, I will have enough dough to go buy that new Corvette. I could care less about the price of gasoline cause I only drive about 5k miles a year. With all that newfound income, I will be shitting in high cotton. But no, I am going to hold my nose and go vote for McCain because HE IS THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS COUNTRY.