Author Topic: Not a fan: Krauthammer calls Palin ‘rather weak’ and gives her ‘no chance of win  (Read 11013 times)

Offline Lacarnut

I have a friend that says the same thing and I can't believe anyone would let the current resident of the WH stay in power, even over a RINO, because you refuse to vote under these circumstances.  Romney isn't my choice, I admit I voted for him in the primaries (in protest over McCain) and truly hope he isn't on the ticket this time.  But to NOT VOTE????

My brother and his wife and a couple of my friends will not vote for a Yankee RINO. It is just that simple. If the GOP establishment helps him win the nomination, a lot of southerner's will stay home. The Republician party better get their act together. They have been given a second chance. They screw up again, we might be looking at a 3rd party which would devastate the Republican party.   

Offline theconservative

• Probationary (Probie)
My brother and his wife and a couple of my friends will not vote for a Yankee RINO. It is just that simple. If the GOP establishment helps him win the nomination, a lot of southerner's will stay home. The Republician party better get their act together. They have been given a second chance. They screw up again, we might be looking at a 3rd party which would devastate the Republican party.   

Take out the RINO there. Would they vote for a Yankee? As a "Yankee," I would support a southerner if he/she was a good candidate who believed in fiscal discipline, pro-growth economic policies, border security, and the Bush-era foreign policy. I admit I am no fan of Haley Barbour or Rick Perry, but I truly admire Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), and Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA).

I bet Newt Gingrich will win most southern states, though Romney will probably win Florida.

Offline formerlurker

Honestly, I like a lot of what he has to say. He has a few blind spots, but I agree with about 75 percent of his columns.

I like him also.  He is not always right, but no columnist is.

Offline formerlurker

I know he believes it's a women's right to choose. But I have heard him say that the health care bill is unconstitutional, and I don't believe he is for open borders. Please cite where he says he's for open borders. There is nothing in the wiki entry that says he is, if there is I have missed finding it - twice.

I haven't seen it either, and have heard him speak out against the Obama administration for their action against Arizona.   

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
I haven't seen it either, and have heard him speak out against the Obama administration for their action against Arizona.   

Me too, which was why I asked where CG saw it. I've also seen him rant about the health care bill.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline cavegal

I know he believes it's a women's right to choose. But I have heard him say that the health care bill is unconstitutional, and I don't believe he is for open borders. Please cite where he says he's for open borders. There is nothing in the wiki entry that says he is, if there is I have missed finding it - twice.
I will look for a link debk....

Charles Krauthammer Supports A Path To Citizenship — As Soon As The Border Is 95% Secure
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/charles-krauthammer-supports-a-path-to-citizenship-as-soon-as-the-border-is-95-secure/

Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer has developed a strong following on the right for his measured opposition to Obama administration policy, but on tonight’s O’Reilly Factor, he came out in support of a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants already residing in this country– as long as the border is “95%” secure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:02:16 PM by cavegal »

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Listen to him carefully from now on. He is for open borders, a woman's right to choose. He is against repealing of health care.

I read him pretty regularly. I know he's said that Repubs shouldn't just try to defund obamacare, because, well..

I am skeptical about taking away the funds because what it will do, it will poke holes in the system. It will make it more chaotic . . . and in the end, if healthcare collapses or if it becomes utterly unworkable, the Democrats will have a way of saying ‘well, it was all these injuries inflicted by the Republicans that made it not work.’ I think the smarter approach is to simply expose to the American people what’s in the bill. All the arbitrariness, all the incredibly increased expenses, all the contradictions in it, also the inherent corruption in it.
link

I think he's talking more along the lines of political wrangling.

I've never seen him write in favor of open borders. I've seen him in favor of a fence, and he's defended Arizona's lawsuit as proof of the failure of the feds.

I disagree with him on abortion, of course. And there's no question that he has an anti-Palin obsession.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline theconservative

• Probationary (Probie)
Romney is about as bad as it gets for our nominee. He is even worse than McCain. A slick, pretty boy, with a helmet hair doo, RINO is not what we need. 

Romney is not a RINO. He has consistently supported free trade, tax relief, spending restraint, smaller government, choice in education, tough ethics rules, off-shore drilling, our mission in the middle-east, secured borders, and free-market economic policies. He did change his views on abortion, guns, DADT, and ethanol. His healthcare plan was fundamentally flawed. He is not farthest to the right, but he is still somewhat conservative. Reagan was not a perfect conservative either; he raised corporate tax rates in '86, he granted amnesty to illegals, and he increased the deficit. Every single GOP candidate has at least one flaw.

Offline Lacarnut

Romney is not a RINO. He has consistently supported free trade, tax relief, spending restraint, smaller government, choice in education, tough ethics rules, off-shore drilling, our mission in the middle-east, secured borders, and free-market economic policies. He did change his views on abortion, guns, DADT, and ethanol. His healthcare plan was fundamentally flawed. He is not farthest to the right, but he is still somewhat conservative. Reagan was not a perfect conservative either; he raised corporate tax rates in '86, he granted amnesty to illegals, and he increased the deficit. Every single GOP candidate has at least one flaw.

You said it best. He is somewhat Conservative. That the same postion that place I put McCain in. I don't want a half ass conservative which equals a RINO to this writer. This country is facing extreme debt problems. Many of those conservative values you mention happened when he ran for President. A slick politician like Romney is not going to fool too many real conservatives. He was the originator of MA health care that put the nail in his coffin from my perspective.

Like I said, nominate Romney and many Southerner's will stay home .
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:30:52 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline theconservative

• Probationary (Probie)
You said it best. He is somewhat Conservative. That the same postion that place I put McCain in. I don't want a half ass conservative which equals a RINO to this writer. This country is facing extreme debt problems. Many of those conservative values you mention happened when he ran for President. A slick politician like Romney is not going to fool too many real conservatives. He was the originator of MA health care that put the nail in his coffin from my perspective.

Like I said, nominate Romney and many Southerner's will stay home .

McCain is a moderate, Romney is a conservative. We are facing debt problems, and Romney has experience turning things around; he left MA with a surplus. He has been a supporter of the positions I listed from before his run for President. McCain won the south in '08 which means Romney, who is more popular with conservative voters, can win it next time.

Offline Lacarnut

McCain is a moderate, Romney is a conservative. We are facing debt problems, and Romney has experience turning things around; he left MA with a surplus. He has been a supporter of the positions I listed from before his run for President. McCain won the south in '08 which means Romney, who is more popular with conservative voters, can win it next time.

He will never live down the tag of being a liberal or RINO because of MASScare. I don't care how you spin it. Also, he is flip flopper on abortion. He was for it and then he was against it. He opposed Barry Goldwater. He is for queer rights, blah blah. BTW, MA is in bad financial shape because of health care costs.

Palin is a much better choice who will not have to explain her position on Obama care. Obamacare mirrors MAsscare so I guess he is going to trying to pull a Clinton with I was for it but now I am against it. That sinks his ship in the South and parts of the Midwest. He can not win.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
I will look for a link debk....

Charles Krauthammer Supports A Path To Citizenship — As Soon As The Border Is 95% Secure
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/charles-krauthammer-supports-a-path-to-citizenship-as-soon-as-the-border-is-95-secure/

Supporting a "path to citizenship" is not the same as "pro open borders".

He is only for supporting the path, AFTER a fence is built and the flow of illegals is stopped.

It is unrealistic to ever think that the US will send 20million illegals back across the borders. It's an insurmountable task for many reasons...primarily there is not the funding nor the manpower to do it. If the government can't find the money to build a fence, they sure as hell aren't going to find the money to round them all up and ship them back.

Krauthammer wants those who want to become citizens to have to learn English first and take civics classes. I think it's a great idea. It should be mandatory, that if an individual from another country wants to become a US citizen, then they should have to learn English and become fluent, and take some history/civics classes FIRST. Want to be American, learn what it is to be an American... and then apply to become an American. In the meantime, here's a tax number for you, you will work and you will pay taxes on ALL the money you make.

There are gazillions of dollars not being paid into the tax coffers of this country on a state level and certainly not on a national level by millions of illegals who not only work on a daily basis, many of them work far more than 40 hours a week. This country needs those tax dollars!! Let's see how many of them really want to stay, once they have to start paying taxes.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.