Author Topic: Obama: Have I been 'successful'?  (Read 922 times)

Offline cavegal

Obama: Have I been 'successful'?
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1210/selfevaluation_4baf37cf-fce6-42b9-81f7-45d5d2ed190c.html

“I don't think there's a sense that I've been successful,” Obama told Colorado’s 9NEWS. “I think people still feel that over all, Washington is about a lot of politics and special interests and big money, but that ordinary people's voices too often aren't represented, and so my hope is that we're going to continue rebuilding a  trust in government."

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Obama: Have I been 'successful'?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 12:29:45 PM »
 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

:bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 12:34:15 PM »
but that ordinary people's voices too often aren't represented,

Maybe it has omething to do with the recent anti-"big government elections", yet the senate just passed a huge tax and spending bill. :argh:

Offline true_blood

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:08:47 PM »
“I don't think there's a sense that I've been successful,” Obama told Colorado’s 9NEWS.
I'll answer that in 5 words.
NO, you haven't at all.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 01:14:01 PM »
No, DUH.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Gang, we're looking at the wrong metric for Obama's "success."  In our eyes, he's not been successful.  But, look at it from his perspective.  What was the Number One thing he wanted to pass?  The Health Care Deform.  He got it through.  He wanted to apologize--a lot--for the USA's perceived (by him) past wrongs.  He did--and he still does.  He wanted to reward his union buddies and the other Dem special interest groups for their support.  For the most part, he succeeded.

So, when you look at it from his perspective, he's actually been pretty successful.  Why am I doing this?  Because, if one starts to think like one's adversary, one can defeat said adversary easier.  (Sun Tzu might have had something on this.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline cavegal

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 03:45:13 PM »
Gang, we're looking at the wrong metric for Obama's "success."  In our eyes, he's not been successful.  But, look at it from his perspective.  What was the Number One thing he wanted to pass?  The Health Care Deform.  He got it through.  He wanted to apologize--a lot--for the USA's perceived (by him) past wrongs.  He did--and he still does.  He wanted to reward his union buddies and the other Dem special interest groups for their support.  For the most part, he succeeded.

So, when you look at it from his perspective, he's actually been pretty successful.  Why am I doing this?  Because, if one starts to think like one's adversary, one can defeat said adversary easier.  (Sun Tzu might have had something on this.)
You're right. He has been so successful.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
Actually he was talking about a specific issue, convincing Americans that his Oministration and the Dem-dominated Congress were not doing 'Business as usual' and playing a sordid and expensive political version of 'Let's Make a Deal,' so he indeed failed dismally by his own damn' metric.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 06:40:05 PM »
What's the old phrase?

"If you have to ask..."
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me