Author Topic: Live Republican Presidential Debate thread -- Jan 10 @ Myrtle Beach SC  (Read 45655 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Live Republican Presidential Debate thread -- Jan 10 @ Myrtle Beach SC
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2008, 11:37:51 PM »
go Fred!

i'm glad he finally is showing that spunk we all knew he had.. Huckabee's dimples are awfully cute though...  :-)

they aren't dimples.  that's where they stuck the tubes and did facial liposuction.

i had to rewind it to look again.. Huck is turning red as Thompson is calling him a liberal..

and yeah, McCain's jaws look more square than usual..

OH i finally figured out who Paul reminds me of... wasnt there some square guy on Laugh In that was perpetually running for president on that show? i can see him in my mind..just cant think of his name.. i want to say his first name was Paul?

this guy?

you have no idea how easy it isn't to google highly targeted laugh in pics.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2008, 11:38:59 PM »
Heh, that chart of theirs soared to the top when Huckabee was speaking about Iran. Then it disappeared once Fred spoke. Right after that, it took a nosedive and disappeared into the cellar once ol' Ron Paul opened his big yap.

That text poll (well, one of the numbers anyway) was a joke, and I knew what the results were going to be the moment they brought up the poll. hese loonies are nothing if not predictable.

i wish all of these networks would stop that texting crap... just wait til the people have voted and then maybe all the tin foil hatters will shut up finally about the 'exit poll problems' ...

Offline Lauri

« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2008, 11:40:24 PM »
go Fred!

i'm glad he finally is showing that spunk we all knew he had.. Huckabee's dimples are awfully cute though...  :-)

they aren't dimples.  that's where they stuck the tubes and did facial liposuction.

i had to rewind it to look again.. Huck is turning red as Thompson is calling him a liberal..

OH i finally figured out who Paul reminds me of... wasnt there some square guy on Laugh In that was perpetually running for president on that show? i can see him in my mind..just cant think of his name.. i want to say his first name was Paul?

this guy?

i can only imagine .. :-)

oh dang.. i think its someone else... he looks like Ron Paul.. kind of shriveled... pat paulson? is that his name?

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2008, 11:46:51 PM »
Heh, that chart of theirs soared to the top when Huckabee was speaking about Iran. Then it disappeared once Fred spoke. Right after that, it took a nosedive and disappeared into the cellar once ol' Ron Paul opened his big yap.

That text poll (well, one of the numbers anyway) was a joke, and I knew what the results were going to be the moment they brought up the poll. hese loonies are nothing if not predictable.

i wish all of these networks would stop that texting crap... just wait til the people have voted and then maybe all the tin foil hatters will shut up finally about the 'exit poll problems' ...

I like the exit poll freaks.  they are a source of pure entertainment, and that doesn't come by every day.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
my husband just said that Ron Paul looks like Frasier's dad...  :popcorn:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
go Fred!

this guy?

oh dang.. i think its someone else... he looks like Ron Paul.. kind of shriveled... pat paulson? is that his name?

dang, you're good. 

but you sent me on a wild goose chase.  he was on the smothers brothers show, not laugh-in.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2008, 11:50:47 PM »

I like the exit poll freaks.  they are a source of pure entertainment, and that doesn't come by every day.

ya know, i enjoy a good conspiracy theory every so often... but those exit poll people just will not shut up about it. remember that 'self help' book I'm reading? the author even writes about the Republicans stealing the 2004 election.

that stuff will *never* go away in our lifetimes... no matter how much non evidence there ever is.. its such a divisive thing and people take it and go way too far with it. its hard to argue against it... cause there is no proof of it happening.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2008, 11:50:54 PM »

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #233 on: January 10, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »

ya know, i enjoy a good conspiracy theory every so often... but those exit poll people just will not shut up about it. remember that 'self help' book I'm reading? the author even writes about the Republicans stealing the 2004 election.

that stuff will *never* go away in our lifetimes... no matter how much non evidence there ever is.. its such a divisive thing and people take it and go way too far with it. its hard to argue against it... cause there is no proof of it happening.

I have having serious reservations about your neighborhood book club.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #234 on: January 10, 2008, 11:52:25 PM »
go Fred!

this guy?

dang, you're good. 

but you sent me on a wild goose chase.  he was on the smothers brothers show, not laugh-in.

wow... didnt remember him on that show.. but doesnt he kind of look like Paul? i think Paulson actually ran for president.. kind of like Steven Colbert did .. just for fun, but some people took him seriously. he did it for years, if i remember it correctly.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #235 on: January 10, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »

yeah, we havent met yet for the first book... should be interesting.

jeff says, "just show up, have a few drinks, talk outrageously and they will think youre a character" ..

i'll definitely need a new outfit if i need to exude "large character" in front of the ladies :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #236 on: January 10, 2008, 11:55:17 PM »
go Fred!

this guy?

dang, you're good. 

wow... didnt remember him on that show.. but doesnt he kind of look like Paul? i think Paulson actually ran for president.. kind of like Steven Colbert did .. just for fun, but some people took him seriously. he did it for years, if i remember it correctly.

he does look a bit like paul, but I don't remember much about the smothers brothers.  I think I was 3. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #237 on: January 10, 2008, 11:57:15 PM »

jeff says, "just show up, have a few drinks, talk outrageously and they will think youre a character" ..

i'll definitely need a new outfit if i need to exude "large character" in front of the ladies :-)

someone really gives a damn about the quality of your entertainment, huh? :whatever: :-)

read up in the election reform forum at DU.  you will be up to speed on the latest and greatest lunatic bullshit,
like hillary stole NH last week.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »
now way! we're the same age buddy  :popcorn:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2008, 11:58:47 PM »

someone really gives a damn about the quality of your entertainment, huh? :whatever: :-)

read up in the election reform forum at DU.  you will be up to speed on the latest and greatest lunatic bullshit,
like hillary stole NH last week.

we have a Ron Paul Is Our Personal Savior sign in the front yard... just to be safe :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2008, 12:03:13 AM »

snark.  okay, you got me.  maybe I only felt 3.  but that makes sense, because I act like I am 10 even today. :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2008, 12:06:55 AM »

snark.  okay, you got me.  maybe I only felt 3.  but that makes sense, because I act like I am 10 even today. :-)

well thanks.. you just sent me on an existential free fall ... i was thinking, "damn! how do i remember that show if i was that young?? was it the Flip Wilson Show? Family Affair?? Sonny and Cher???"

im having nightmares tonight... thanks..  :censored:

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2008, 07:58:45 AM »
go Fred!

pat paulson
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2008, 08:43:10 AM »

well thanks.. you just sent me on an existential free fall ... i was thinking, "damn! how do i remember that show if i was that young?? was it the Flip Wilson Show? Family Affair?? Sonny and Cher???"

im having nightmares tonight... thanks..  :censored:

I vaguely remember laugh-in.  it was after my bed time, but I would sneak halfway down the staircase and sit on the stairs so I could see it on the TV in the den. my parents were watching on the couch with their backs to me, and I thought I was getting away with something. somehow, this exact subject came up over the holidays several years ago, and they told me that they knew I was there, but let it go. :-)  I'm not sure why I wanted to see laugh-in so badly, but I am pretty sure it had something to do with goldie hawn.

the smothers brothers show I just don't remember at all.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2008, 10:02:40 AM »
Anybody see this?

[youtube=425,350]bzFtISty8hE[/youtube]

Ru Paul going Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs on Iran.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2008, 10:49:58 AM »
You know, I just discovered the perfect name for this nut:

The Mad Hatter (especially this one from the game).

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #246 on: January 11, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »

holy shit!  what is up with the left side of mccain's face? 

He has always had that lump on his face; looks like someone gave him a lick across the chops. A side view makes the lump more pronounced than a frontal view.

He looks like a worn out dish rag to me. When he starts talking about less government, fiscial responsibilty and reform, I want to go throw up. He is a DC insider to the max. His views on Iraq and the WOT are good and that's about it. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:00:29 AM by Lacarnut »

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #247 on: January 11, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
I thought McCain's facial deformity was a result of his time as a prisoner of war in Viet Nam?

Yes, he is a D.C.'er to the core. I'd take him over the Dem option though.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #248 on: January 11, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »
You know, I just discovered the perfect name for this nut:

The Mad Hatter (especially this one from the game).

That's a dark, dark game
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #249 on: January 11, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »
I thought McCain's facial deformity was a result of his time as a prisoner of war in Viet Nam?

Yes, he is a D.C.'er to the core. I'd take him over the Dem option though.

oh, man.  if that's the reason, I feel like a total shit heel. :thatsright: