Author Topic: Live Republican Presidential Debate thread -- Jan 10 @ Myrtle Beach SC  (Read 45636 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Live Republican Presidential Debate thread -- Jan 10 @ Myrtle Beach SC
« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »

I'll bet the hot, chatty, dissatisfied  chick in the front row has a husband at home that wishes he was dead right now.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
Frank Luntz is saying Thompson won tonight!

Problem is we've got some people saying it's "too late"?  WTF?    The highest number of delegates so far is what?   Like 30?   Some of these focus groups are really confusing me...   We've had 3 states total???

yeah, they seem to think Fred did a good job overall .. but they arent sure they want to vote for him.

his laid back attitude might have cost him there a little bit..

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2008, 10:28:57 PM »
dang! we just got home and i turned on the tv to see Carl Cameron making that "are you electable" question to Paul... i will have to read thru ya'lls remarks but the commentary afterwards sounds like Thompson made some good in roads?

I really want to caucus for him February 19th in my state... come on South Carolina!

the frank lunz (who I think is a retard, but whatever) focus group overwhelmingly thought thompson won.  they were in charleston, so it's not surprising that they are smart folks.

i guess Fred's been biding his time, like Giuliani and the last two caucuses/primaries? he just didnt think he could make any traction so he laid low?

geez, i hope so .. every time he speaks, even if he's not all that fired up, i cant find one single aspect about his ideas that i dislike..

ok, well there is one... he voted not to impeach Clinton.. but i'm sure there were a lot of back room deals going on over that little fiasco back then.

well, I thought impeachment was probably the right thing to do, but it was doomed to fail and was certain political suicide.

in that incestuous city of DC, I'm sure youre right..

always be aware of your environment.  :-) look, I would have voted to impeach his ass if I was in the house, and voted to convict him if I was in the senate.  but we got our asses kicked in the PR war over the whole thing.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »

I'll bet the hot, chatty, dissatisfied  chick in the front row has a husband at home that wishes he was dead right now.

she has that air about her like nobody will please her... and i bet she's a hoot at the neighborhood BBQs   :drunksailor:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »
dang! we just got home and i turned on the tv to see Carl Cameron making that "are you electable" question to Paul... i will have to read thru ya'lls remarks but the commentary afterwards sounds like Thompson made some good in roads?

I really want to caucus for him February 19th in my state... come on South Carolina!

the frank lunz (who I think is a retard, but whatever) focus group overwhelmingly thought thompson won.  they were in charleston, so it's not surprising that they are smart folks.

i guess Fred's been biding his time, like Giuliani and the last two caucuses/primaries? he just didnt think he could make any traction so he laid low?

geez, i hope so .. every time he speaks, even if he's not all that fired up, i cant find one single aspect about his ideas that i dislike..

ok, well there is one... he voted not to impeach Clinton.. but i'm sure there were a lot of back room deals going on over that little fiasco back then.

well, I thought impeachment was probably the right thing to do, but it was doomed to fail and was certain political suicide.

in that incestuous city of DC, I'm sure youre right..

always be aware of your environment.  :-) look, I would have voted to impeach his ass if I was in the house, and voted to convict him if I was in the senate.  but we got our asses kicked in the PR war over the whole thing.

i just hope Fred doesnt 'owe' anybody anything for stuff like that ... they all pick up chits from each to be paid back later.

i'm not naive... i know the man isnt anywhere close to the perfect candidate.. but it would be nice if he was somewhat independant.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2008, 10:51:32 PM »
Frank Luntz is saying Thompson won tonight!

Problem is we've got some people saying it's "too late"?  WTF?    The highest number of delegates so far is what?   Like 30?   Some of these focus groups are really confusing me...   We've had 3 states total???

yeah, they seem to think Fred did a good job overall .. but they arent sure they want to vote for him.

his laid back attitude might have cost him there a little bit..

fred is a big deal down here.  I expect him to do very well in the primary.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2008, 10:55:02 PM »

LOL!  ron paul set a record for negative response on his iraqi speed boat attack answer.  the little line disappeared off the bottom of the screen. :loser: :mental: :bird: :censored:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »

she has that air about her like nobody will please her... and i bet she's a hoot at the neighborhood BBQs   :drunksailor:

thus her suicidal husband. :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2008, 10:57:09 PM »

LOL!  ron paul set a record for negative response on his iraqi speed boat attack answer.  the little line disappeared off the bottom of the screen. :loser: :mental: :bird: :censored:

that woman needs a good smack... she is so hostile!

and yeah, Paul got his ass handed to him by the crowd and the commentators tonight.. i hope he's done. online poll or no online poll.

granted, ive never texted a poll in my life so far... but i thought about doing it tonight..

Offline Lauri

« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »

thus her suicidal husband. :-)

well yeah... him too :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »

and yeah, Paul got his ass handed to him by the crowd and the commentators tonight.. i hope he's done. online poll or no online poll.

granted, ive never texted a poll in my life so far... but i thought about doing it tonight..

I am strongly opposed to domestic violence. :hyper: 

I don't care what ron paul does as long has he doesn't run as an independent.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »

the rebroadcast is just starting on foxnews, for anyone that missed the live broadcast.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2008, 11:02:42 PM »

i hope she tivo'd it so she can see how pissy she looks... i'll settle for that over the slap..

and yep, we're watching it now.. do you sound like this SC dude on tv right now?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »
hey Wretch... that was an  awesome version of The National Anthem..  :cheersmate:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2008, 11:05:45 PM »
hey Wretch... that was an  awesome version of The National Anthem..  :cheersmate:

we use any excuse we can to get our wimmins in semi-formal gowns. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2008, 11:07:13 PM »

i hope she tivo'd it so she can see how pissy she looks... i'll settle for that over the slap..

and yep, we're watching it now.. do you sound like this SC dude on tv right now?

absolutely not. :bs:  or I certainly hope not. :thatsright:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »
ive lost my suthern accent over time... i kinda miss it. certain words i still cant say properly (so says the canuck)

but i just saw Ron Paul... holy hell that guy needs a prozac.. stat.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2008, 11:22:59 PM »
ive lost my suthern accent over time... i kinda miss it. certain words i still cant say properly (so says the canuck)

have you ever looked at the canuck and said, "look who's talking?" :-)

and ron paul gets worse as the debate wears on.  his iraq answer actually had the audience growling.  you don't say stuff like he said about the military in the south, much less south carolina.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2008, 11:25:02 PM »

have you ever looked at the canuck and said, "look who's talking?" :-)

and ron paul gets worse as the debate wears on.  his iraq answer actually had the audience growling.  you don't say stuff like he said about the military in the south, much less south carolina.

maybe a bunch of Hannity fans will hound Paul to his tour bus.. :-)

as for the canuck... can you imagine the accent our kids have? LOL...

Offline Lauri

« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2008, 11:27:16 PM »
go Fred!

i'm glad he finally is showing that spunk we all knew he had.. Huckabee's dimples are awfully cute though...  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2008, 11:29:45 PM »
go Fred!

i'm glad he finally is showing that spunk we all knew he had.. Huckabee's dimples are awfully cute though...  :-)

they aren't dimples.  that's where they stuck the tubes and did facial liposuction.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2008, 11:30:28 PM »
Heh, that chart of theirs soared to the top when Huckabee was speaking about Iran. Then it disappeared once Fred spoke. Right after that, it took a nosedive and disappeared into the cellar once ol' Ron Paul opened his big yap.

That text poll (well, one of the numbers anyway) was a joke, and I knew what the results were going to be the moment they brought up the poll. hese loonies are nothing if not predictable.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2008, 11:32:28 PM »
go Fred!

they aren't dimples.  that's where they stuck the tubes and did facial liposuction.

i had to rewind it to look again.. Huck is turning red as Thompson is calling him a liberal..

and yeah, McCain's jaws look more square than usual..

OH i finally figured out who Paul reminds me of... wasnt there some square guy on Laugh In that was perpetually running for president on that show? i can see him in my mind..just cant think of his name.. i want to say his first name was Paul?

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »
I watched some of the debate tonight and thought Fred did very well. McCain, Mitt and Huck just don't do anything for me. Paul acts and talks like he was just released from an asylum. This the first time I have watched more than 30 second sound bites from the candidates.

Fred has to come in the top 2 or 3 in S.C. or he is finished.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2008, 11:37:19 PM »
I watched some of the debate tonight and thought Fred did very well. McCain, Mitt and Huck just don't do anything for me. Paul acts and talks like he was just released from an asylum. This the first time I have watched more than 30 second sound bites from the candidates.

Fred has to come in the top 2 or 3 in S.C. or he is finished.

we watched Ron Paul on Meet the Press a few weeks ago and both of us remarked at how well he did and how good his answers were..  tonight he does not sound like that guy at all. on MTP I could agree with a lot of his comments... tonight he sounds shrill and anxious and a bit paranoid that he isnt getting to talk.

well, he spends some of his time complaining .. about not being able to talk!