Author Topic: It’s come to this: Desperate Obama to do GOTV interview with Ryan Seacrest  (Read 6491 times)

Offline chitownchica

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/01/its-come-to-this-desperate-obama-to-do-gotv-interview-with-ryan-seacrest/

Look, just look, at what this guy’s been reduced to. Two years ago, he was accepting the Democratic nomination in front of a mock Parthenon; now, to try to recapture the young voters he’s lost, he’s forced to make chitchat with the host of our generation’s Gong Show. What’s next? A tango with Michelle on tonight’s Dancing With the Stars followed by a pitch to go vote?

I’m almost sad. Almost...

More at link.

Offline thundley4

It's fitting, really. During the presidential campaign he was referred to as "The American Idol" candidate.

Offline chitownchica

It's fitting, really. During the presidential campaign he was referred to as "The American Idol" candidate.

Ha - completely forgot about that.  Definitely fitting.
H5 Thundley :)

Offline formerlurker

Ryan Seacrest?    Oh my.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Ryan Seacrest needs his ass beat for subjecting us to the Kardashians. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline true_blood

Now wonder why the imposter has time to go on Comedy Central and shows as the The View, it's because his presidency is a J_O_K_E!
He's a joke.

Offline RZZZA

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
I don't think this is such a big deal, he's simply using media to get his message out there. This is what campaigning is. What's the outrage based on? Do you think the president should be above using popular programs to campaign?

The problem is with America...that crappy programs like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars are so popular. If millions didn't watch, then the president wouldn't feel the need to appear on them to campaign.

Remember that President Bush also appeared on American Idol via video screen to thank Idol (and Bono!) for helping raise money for charity.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:45:04 PM by RZZZA »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Well, Tricky Dick did appear on Laugh-In......

Sock it to me?  :P
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline formerlurker

I don't think this is such a big deal, he's simply using media to get his message out there. This is what campaigning is. What's the outrage based on? Do you think the president should be above using popular programs to campaign?

The problem is with America...that crappy programs like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars are so popular. If millions didn't watch, then the president wouldn't feel the need to appear on them to campaign.

Remember that President Bush also appeared on American Idol via video screen to thank Idol (and Bono!) for helping raise money for charity.

Yeah that is the same as giving policy interviews to comedians.   Absolutely.

Offline true_blood

I don't think this is such a big deal, he's simply using media to get his message out there. This is what campaigning is. What's the outrage based on? Do you think the president should be above using popular programs to campaign? The problem is with America...that crappy programs like American Idol or Dancing with the Stars are so popular. If millions didn't watch, then the president wouldn't feel the need to appear on them to campaign. Remember that President Bush also appeared on American Idol via video screen to thank Idol (and Bono!) for helping raise money for charity.
Only a lib/DUmmie/progressive wouldn't see anything wrong with it. Campaigning? This imposter is STILL campaigning?!
That's what happens when people elect a community organizer that got brought up with communist ties. The imposter.

Offline RZZZA

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
He's the leader of his party, of course he would be campaigning during the midterms. This is a complete non-issue, you guys should find something substantive to be fake-outraged by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!

Slight difference between a videotaped message that appears on AI and appearing on such shows (so far) as:

--The Tonight Show
--Mythbusters
--The Daily Show
--The View
--George Lopez Show

(and mind you, this is since January 2009.)

Let's also not forget all the times he's had to go golfing, take six vacations over the summer (and a few more since).

Finally, there's the NUMEROUS times he appeared on shows such as Olbermann's prior to his election.

And you people accused Bush of being disengaged?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline RZZZA

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
bush was disengaged. if bush took notes from obama on how to be available to the american people, liberals would have praised him for it. one good thing about obama is that hes a man of the people; being accessible through popular mediums is never a bad thing for the president. the problem with bush is that he was awkward and a bad public speaker,  thats probably why he wasnt as accessible as obama.

and criticizing obama for taking some vacations is a joke. during his first year in office, president george w bush spent the most days on vacation. and presidents that you love to hate, like jimmy carter, spent some of the least time on vacation. so really...the facts aren't on your side on this issue. best not even bring it up

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
bush was disengaged. if bush took notes from obama on how to be available to the american people, liberals would have praised him for it. one good thing about obama is that hes a man of the people; being accessible through popular mediums is never a bad thing for the president. the problem with bush is that he was awkward and a bad public speaker,  thats probably why he wasnt as accessible as obama.

Liberals pissed all over George Bush no matter what he did.  Nothing I can say will convince you otherwise, so STFU.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline RZZZA

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
well, thats not true. liberals praised him for his work fighting aids in Africa. Liberals praised him for the strength he showed immedietely after 9/11 (after he got done reading My Pet Goat, but before he decided to invade Iraq). And I, personally, am not "all liberals". So don't generalize.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

The only way that the President could have done worse as car as viewership and listening audience would have been to get interviewd by Special Keith and call in to Ed Schultz's radio program.

There are far better...dare I say Presidential ways to reach out to younger audiences.

He shouldn't feel the need to appear on them in the first place.  The only reason he does is because he knows that the majority of the people watching are a) young and b) not followers of politics and saavy to what a disaster his polices for this country really are.

Apples and Oranges. Giant Fail on your part for trying to draw a comparison between the two.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

and criticizing obama for taking some vacations is a joke. during his first year in office, president george w bush spent the most days on vacation. and presidents that you love to hate, like jimmy carter, spent some of the least time on vacation. so really...the facts aren't on your side on this issue. best not even bring it up

WTF? How could someone so narcissistic, so arrogant, so plastic POSSIBLY be a "man of the people?"

Here are a few examples of his insulting commentary:

Glenn Beck rally, 8/28/10: "It's not surprising that somebody like a Mr. Beck is able to stir up a certain portion of the country." (emphasis mine).

"Stir up?" Like I'm some kind of ****ing rabble-rousing lunatic chanting and screaming epithets during a demonstration? That kind of comment is insulting to me.

How about David Axelrod's stenographer Jonathan Alter, who quotes Obama as calling Tea Partiers "Tea Baggers"? you think that isn't insulting?

During Obama's "real" campaign (everything he's done since then has been the follow-up campaign), this one sets me off like no other: 'Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation – at least, not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.'

Who the **** is this guy and why is he denigrating my faith and the role it has had in this nation? Who the **** is he to pimp his own Muslim faith as something that it isn't - viable? His embracing of other faiths at the expense of Christianity is an outrage and a total insult.

On the international front, Obama has done nothing BUT insult Great Britain, one of our (probably formerly) staunchest allies. The length and breadth of those insults run from the retirement of Churchill's bust to the absolutely stupid "gift" of a ****ing DVD collection to Gordon Brown. And I won't even mention Obama's declaration that the U.S. would stay neutral in the conflict between Britain and Argentina over the Falklands. Even the Germans are shaking their heads in dismay, and they worship the ground Obama walks on.

"Man of the People?" - whoa, dude. You've clearly been at the Kool-Aid.

Offline RZZZA

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
WTF? How could someone so narcissistic, so arrogant, so plastic POSSIBLY be a "man of the people?"

Here are a few examples of his insulting commentary:

Glenn Beck rally, 8/28/10: "It's not surprising that somebody like a Mr. Beck is able to stir up a certain portion of the country." (emphasis mine).

"Stir up?" Like I'm some kind of ****ing rabble-rousing lunatic chanting and screaming epithets during a demonstration? That kind of comment is insulting to me.

Glenn Beck is a lunatic. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more conservative than my father, and even he hates glenn beck and thinks he's a lunatic. Also, anyone who attends a political protest is pretty much a lunatic. Political protests inherently draw on the fringe of political society. Sane, moderate people dont gather together to chant stupid slogans and wave stupid signs as if its somehow meaningful. They have better things to do.

How about David Axelrod's stenographer Jonathan Alter, who quotes Obama as calling Tea Partiers "Tea Baggers"? you think that isn't insulting?

Thats what they called THEMSELVES up until they realized it was already an existing term for a sexual act.

During Obama's "real" campaign (everything he's done since then has been the follow-up campaign), this one sets me off like no other: 'Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation – at least, not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.'

Who the **** is this guy and why is he denigrating my faith and the role it has had in this nation? Who the **** is he to pimp his own Muslim faith as something that it isn't - viable? His embracing of other faiths at the expense of Christianity is an outrage and a total insult.

You think that's insulting? Wait till I get going. **** religion. Being nondenominational and/or an unbeliever is the American way.

On the international front, Obama has done nothing BUT insult Great Britain, one of our (probably formerly) staunchest allies. The length and breadth of those insults run from the retirement of Churchill's bust to the absolutely stupid "gift" of a ****ing DVD collection to Gordon Brown. And I won't even mention Obama's declaration that the U.S. would stay neutral in the conflict between Britain and Argentina over the Falklands. Even the Germans are shaking their heads in dismay, and they worship the ground Obama walks on.

"Man of the People?" - whoa, dude. You've clearly been at the Kool-Aid.

Who cares what gifts he gives? Only you. Only people who love to complain about bullshit. He removed the bust of Churchill, A European and replaced it with a bust of Able Lincoln, an American. Do you people suddenly prefer European heros  to American heros? news to me. Special relationship? It was George Washington who said "avoid foreign entanglements."

Personally, I think Winston Churchill was a great man and a great leader.

Offline thundley4

Thats what they called THEMSELVES up until they realized it was already an existing term for a sexual act.

BS, it was given to them by the assholes on PMNSBC.

Offline RZZZA

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
wow, according to people like you guys, nobody watches MSNBC and its completely irrelevant. Suddenly you're giving them a lot of power to single-handedly rename an entire political movement. I'm sure if you do the research, you'll realize the tea partiers originally called themselves tea baggers...until the media started making fun of them for it

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
wow, according to people like you guys, nobody watches MSNBC and its completely irrelevant. Suddenly you're giving them a lot of power to single-handedly rename an entire political movement. I'm sure if you do the research, you'll realize the tea partiers originally called themselves tea baggers...until the media started making fun of them for it

Bullshit. It was meant as a pejorative from the get-go. The pejorative emanated from the anti-Tea partiers, irrespective of the term that the Tea partiers used for themselves. FAIL.

Your "research" consists of you watching too many Rachel Madcow videos, and Keef Olberdork's worship of that so-called "journalist". FAIL.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
bush was disengaged. if bush took notes from obama on how to be available to the american people, liberals would have praised him for it. one good thing about obama is that hes a man of the people; being accessible through popular mediums is never a bad thing for the president. the problem with bush is that he was awkward and a bad public speaker,  thats probably why he wasnt as accessible as obama.

And yet again...the n00b brings to the table NOTHING...except cut and paste bullshit that's been repeated...like here without proof...by Media Matters...the Libtards at HuffPo...DU...Kos and by every rabid wild eyed Democratic Apparatchik in the MSM.

How about you try something fresh and new here kid...THINK FOR YOURSELF and quit trying to score brownie points with your Liberal lurking buddies by seeing how much oft repeated CRAP you can shove into one overwrought paragraph?

You sound like a robot.  A Liberal See-N-Say.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline RZZZA

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
I like the cute little names you guys think up for people you hate, it's so adorable. Think one up for me, k?

Offline zeitgeist

Say how about taking a quick peep at this link and offer up your oponion on its validity as a conspiriscy theory held by many right wingers.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/8713
A Contrived Crisis? - You Decide

By Nancy Morgan  Monday, February 23, 2009
Through a series of supposedly random but arguably deliberate chain of events, America is poised to jettison 220 years of a free market system called capitalism, in favor of the tried and failed system of socialism. This writer, and others, are now starting to question how we reached this point.

Last summer, as McCain and Obama were in the midst of their campaigns to capture the presidency, a series of events dramatically changed the focus of the campaign from Iraq to the economy. From that point on, Obama took the lead and eventually won the presidency.
June 26, 2008: Democrat Chuck Schumer leaked a memo questioning the solvency of IndyMac bank. This memo precipitated a run on IndyMac which led to its failure. Federal regulators pointedly cited U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., in explaining the bank’s failure. “The immediate cause of the closing was a deposit run that began and continued after the public release of a June 26 letter to the OTS and the FDIC from Senator Charles Schumer of New York.”

This event, coupled with the Lehman Brothers collapse in September, marked the beginning of the current economic meltdown and provided the ammunition for massive government intervention in the private market.

{snip for fair use}

Never let a good crisis go to waste?    
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Glenn Beck is a lunatic. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more conservative than my father, and even he hates glenn beck and thinks he's a lunatic. Also, anyone who attends a political protest is pretty much a lunatic. Political protests inherently draw on the fringe of political society. Sane, moderate people dont gather together to chant stupid slogans and wave stupid signs as if its somehow meaningful. They have better things to do.

You think that's insulting? Wait till I get going. **** religion. Being nondenominational and/or an unbeliever is the American way.

Who cares what gifts he gives? Only you. Only people who love to complain about bullshit. He removed the bust of Churchill, A European and replaced it with a bust of Able Lincoln, an American. Do you people suddenly prefer European heros  to American heros? news to me. Special relationship? It was George Washington who said "avoid foreign entanglements."

Personally, I think Winston Churchill was a great man and a great leader.

Nice dodge - you completely failed to address the points I mentioned - Obama is so wrapped up in himself that every time he opens his mouth -- even with TOTUS -- he insults people.

Here's a newsflash, genius -- I care what that asshole in the White Mosque does because he represents ME. Every time he insults a segment of our population or of our allies, it's as if I'M insulting them. I have a problem with that. Capiche?

And whether Glenn Beck is a lunatic or not is completely irrelevant to the point. And since when does the Constitutionally-guaranteed (First Amendment, no less) right to peaceably assemble a hallmark of lunatics? Are you ****ing insane? You've definitely been drinking the Kool-Aid. Maybe you'd better switch to scotch.

Here's an invitation when you get done with your shrieking on this thread - open a thread in the Fight Club on religion in America.  ;D You'll have your ass handed to you faster than Rachel Madcow lusts after female flesh. ETA: Gotta have 50 posts first. Then you can see the forum.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:45:17 AM by Eupher »