Author Topic: The backlash: Reform turns personal  (Read 14414 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
The backlash: Reform turns personal
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:41:01 PM »
The backlash: Reform turns personal
By JAKE SHERMAN & MARIN COGAN | 3/24/10 4:51 AM EDT
Politico

Louise Slaughter and Bart Stupak have received death threats.

A tea party participant published what he thought was Thomas Perriello’s home address and urged disgruntled voters to “drop by” for a “good face-to-face chat.”

Vandals broke windows at Slaughter’s office in New York and Gabrielle Giffords’s office in Arizona.

Politico-The backlash: Reform turns personal

==========================================================

Things are getting really volatile. Thomas Jefferson is right with this quote, "The tree of liberty must from time to time be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots."
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: The backlash: Reform turns personal
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
Vandalism and threats of death, where they occur, are just as stupid as Stupak was to even think that Lord Zero's EO was going to keep public funding of abortions from happening....

Slaughter's idea, in the end, wasn't adopted, so what's the point?

People who are doing this kind of shit are Dumbasses, no matter which side of the political spectrum they find themselves.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
Vandalism and threats of death, where they occur, are just as stupid as Stupak was to even think that Lord Zero's EO was going to keep public funding of abortions from happening....

People who are doing this kind of shit are Dumbasses, no matter which side of the political spectrum they find themselves.

True, but I can see some DUmmie jumping up and down in a saloon somewhere.....yelling, We won!...We won!....and some biker tearing him/her/it apart, and eating the pieces.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »
I guess some folks in Washington forgot about Jefferson's words of the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »

I am not entirely in agreement here Eupher sir. It has become blatantly apparent to me that the democratic process has broken down here and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. The back room deals, threat of Slaughter, cash payments to Congresspeople to buy their votes, disallowing ANY input from the people represented by the Republicans in office, spending an entire YEAR demonizing the insurance companies and pharmaceutical giants then pass a bill that will funnel BILLIONS to them.

What the **** is Democratic about that?

Where do we draw the line?

What are our options here? Do we acquiesce or how do we stand up to these ass-hats AND punish them for their outright purposeful attack on the Constitution?
Threatening to hang the treasonous bastards, and yes, eviscerating the Constitution as the democrats have done is nothing short of treason and execution is a viable punishment for treason.
Ok, let's just arrest them then let them **** around in the courts for the next ten years.

The only thing these leftist assholes UNDERSTAND is the violent reactions they gave to "The Man" during their glory years of the 60's, Vietnam and all of the imaginary social injustice they hate America for.
Bloodying their nose is not enough!
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:17:22 PM »
I am not entirely in agreement here Eupher sir. It has become blatantly apparent to me that the democratic process has broken down here and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. The back room deals, threat of Slaughter, cash payments to Congresspeople to buy their votes, disallowing ANY input from the people represented by the Republicans in office, spending an entire YEAR demonizing the insurance companies and pharmaceutical giants then pass a bill that will funnel BILLIONS to them.

What the **** is Democratic about that?

Where do we draw the line?

What are our options here? Do we acquiesce or how do we stand up to these ass-hats AND punish them for their outright purposeful attack on the Constitution?
Threatening to hang the treasonous bastards, and yes, eviscerating the Constitution as the democrats have done is nothing short of treason and execution is a viable punishment for treason.
Ok, let's just arrest them then let them **** around in the courts for the next ten years.

The only thing these leftist assholes UNDERSTAND is the violent reactions they gave to "The Man" during their glory years of the 60's, Vietnam and all of the imaginary social injustice they hate America for.
Bloodying their nose is not enough!

PG, a death threat is just plain stupid. There's no other way to put it. I understand the outrage - indeed, I feel it myself.

But to resort to penny-ante vandalism (which it certainly is not -- glass is expensive these days) is foolish -- who's going to pay for the damage done to Slaughter's office? Slaughter herself? No sir, you and I are going to pay for that via our taxes and our support of Slaughter and the rest of her cronies.

Feeling the outrage and the pain does not in any way warrant and justify breaking the law to express that outrage, no matter how Patrick Henry-ish it may seem.

It looks to me like most of the Tea Partiers got a very visceral reaction out of the lib government and the MSM and they did it by peaceful demonstrations and voices raised in protest.

Noise doesn't communicate a threat -- bricks and weapons do.

We're a long way from revolution on this because the backlash is just starting. I implore you to give it some time and be patient. Let the system work.

November is not that far off. Apart from our voices, the only viable weapon we should be brandishing at this point is our vote.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »

The problem though, has been that every incident of this kind of crap which has been investigated and prosecuted in the last year or so has been done by moonbats trying to gin up outrage at their political opponents.  (The vandalism against the Dim'Rat headquarters in Denver comes immediately to mind.  Some DUmbass hippie on a bicycle was caught on video camera smashing out the office windows in question.)

Beck had an important warning for those of us trying to keep the country upright:  the marxists are intentionally trying to provoke an incident from us "on the right".  It's part of the Alinsky model, and they're following it to the letter.  Keep your temper firmly in control as you join with others to protest the injustices coming out of Washington lately, and keep a video camera or cell phone with video capability on hand to DOCUMENT what's really going on, because if their agents provocateur can create an incident, like Rahm Emmanuel says, they're not going to let it go to waste.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:24:37 PM »
ACORN followers are just trying to incite sympathy

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 03:26:36 PM »
ACORN followers are just trying to incite sympathy

They are.  It is therefore imperative that you don't give them anything to use against you.  If they can twist the truth and paint you as the aggressor, they will.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »
Nobody gave them anything. These are self-inflicted for the PR value like all those "hate crimes" that turn out to be bogus.

Offline 5412

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »
The problem though, has been that every incident of this kind of crap which has been investigated and prosecuted in the last year or so has been done by moonbats trying to gin up outrage at their political opponents.  (The vandalism against the Dim'Rat headquarters in Denver comes immediately to mind.  Some DUmbass hippie on a bicycle was caught on video camera smashing out the office windows in question.)

Beck had an important warning for those of us trying to keep the country upright:  the marxists are intentionally trying to provoke an incident from us "on the right".  It's part of the Alinsky model, and they're following it to the letter.  Keep your temper firmly in control as you join with others to protest the injustices coming out of Washington lately, and keep a video camera or cell phone with video capability on hand to DOCUMENT what's really going on, because if their agents provocateur can create an incident, like Rahm Emmanuel says, they're not going to let it go to waste.

Hi,

No one has mentioned the possiblity that the people who did the stupid things were not democrat operatives trying to create a situation so the Department of Homeland Security can crack down on the Tea Party folks.  Until folks can be found, tried and hopefully convicted and punished, let's not jump to conclusions as to the motivation of the folks involved.

They may have been well paid by acorn, soros or some other nitwith to stir up the pot.

regards,

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 04:26:40 PM »
PG, a death threat is just plain stupid. There's no other way to put it. I understand the outrage - indeed, I feel it myself.

But to resort to penny-ante vandalism (which it certainly is not -- glass is expensive these days) is foolish -- who's going to pay for the damage done to Slaughter's office? Slaughter herself? No sir, you and I are going to pay for that via our taxes and our support of Slaughter and the rest of her cronies.

Feeling the outrage and the pain does not in any way warrant and justify breaking the law to express that outrage, no matter how Patrick Henry-ish it may seem.

It looks to me like most of the Tea Partiers got a very visceral reaction out of the lib government and the MSM and they did it by peaceful demonstrations and voices raised in protest.

Noise doesn't communicate a threat -- bricks and weapons do.

We're a long way from revolution on this because the backlash is just starting. I implore you to give it some time and be patient. Let the system work.

November is not that far off. Apart from our voices, the only viable weapon we should be brandishing at this point is our vote.

Remember this my dearest friend: The "MAIN" reason for the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, is to guard American citizens against tyranny. In very simple terms, in some cases, guarding against tyranny is putting a bullet in the head of government tools when they become dictators and fail to follow the Constitution and violate our God Ordained rights as enumerated by the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution.

Additionally, the Bill of Rights is NOT a document stating the rights given us citizens by the federal government. Rather, the Bill of Rights is a Constitutional document DICTATING how the federal government SHALL *NOT* infirnge upon those rights as endowed upon us citizens/individuals by our creator.

As much as *I* would like to believe, the Second Amendment is not just for hunting and protection from criminals, it is for protection against tyranny. That is where the death threats come in.

"**** with my guaranteed God given Constitutional rights and there is a good chance that you will become an end-user of my Second Amendment rights per se."

The mother-****ers, regardless of how the "Main Stream Media" labels label them, need to know that there are elements in this nation that fully believe in and will act upon every resource available to them to ensure power hunger leftists will not infringe upon their freedoms. If that means making sure they know that their UNCONSTITUTIONAL actions will result in potentially DEATHLY consequences, so be it. Besides, they ****tards do NOT have compromise in their mindset so it is either one extreme or the other" Lose freedoms when enacting their laws or lose their existence because of it.

Which is more important to you by the way?

Listen my friend, a few hundred dollars, in fact a few hundred million is zero compared to the cost of the freedoms we have lost here.

Can you reconcile those costs in a government or IRS budget?

I cannot. Already 0bama and his little Eichmann supporter's have plunged this nation into $10+ TRILLION in debt with the Fannie/Freddie and the bailouts and because of this, hyper inflation is on the horizon.

As far as "breaking the law" goes, 0bama and "dead-eye with the Thousand-Mile-Stare, Botox-Frozen, Medusa-Faced" Pelosi have already done so. I know, bad behavior on ones part does NOT justify bad behavior on another's part and I agree with you on this but I am seriously afraid we are moving to a "no other choice" situation here.

November looms on the horizon. Change is warranted and demanded, or else....

I guess my rant is over for now.
Thank you...

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 04:30:09 PM »

Did Aliksky program for a backlash so great that the firearm-less bong sucking queer hippies are so overwhelmed, that they are DESTROYED in three days, their institutions burned to the ground, their homes (communes) eviscerated, and their offices burned to the ground in a wink of an eye?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »

Remember this my dearest friend: The "MAIN" reason for the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution, is to guard American citizens against tyranny. In very simple terms, in some cases, guarding against tyranny is putting a bullet in the head of government tools when they become dictators and fail to follow the Constitution and violate our God Ordained rights as enumerated by the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution.

Additionally, the Bill of Rights is NOT a document stating the rights given us citizens by the federal government. Rather, the Bill of Rights is a Constitutional document DICTATING how the federal government SHALL *NOT* infirnge upon those rights as endowed upon us citizens/individuals by our creator.

As much as *I* would like to believe, the Second Amendment is not just for hunting and protection from criminals, it is for protection against tyranny. That is where the death threats come in.

"**** with my guaranteed God given Constitutional rights and there is a good chance that you will become an end-user of my Second Amendment rights per se."

The mother-****ers, regardless of how the "Main Stream Media" labels label them, need to know that there are elements in this nation that fully believe in and will act upon every resource available to them to ensure power hunger leftists will not infringe upon their freedoms. If that means making sure they know that their UNCONSTITUTIONAL actions will result in potentially DEATHLY consequences, so be it. Besides, they ****tards do NOT have compromise in their mindset so it is either one extreme or the other" Lose freedoms when enacting their laws or lose their existence because of it.

Listen my friend, a few hundred dollars, in fact a few hundred million is zero compared to the cost of the freedoms we have lost here.

I cannot. Already 0bama and his little Eichmann supporter's have plunged this nation into $10+ TRILLION in debt with the Fannie/Freddie and the bailouts and because of this, hyper inflation is on the horizon.

As far as "breaking the law" goes, 0bama and "dead-eye with the Thousand-Mile-Stare, Botox-Frozen, Medusa-Faced" Pelosi have already done so. I know, bad behavior on ones part does NOT justify bad behavior on another's part and I agree with you on this but I am seriously afraid we are moving to a "no other choice" situation here.

Thank you...

Thomas Jefferson said this, "The tree of liberty must from time to time be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »
Yes, I believe the time has come for a real ass-kicking.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »
Thomas Jefferson said this, "The tree of liberty must from time to time be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots."

The thing of this is - we have some people that vehemently believe this and will act upon it.

Is that wrong?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »

Thank you...

Yeah, it is a nice rant. I hope you feel better.

I'm just not with you on the "revolution" thing. Sorry.

And good luck. It sounds like if this goes south, you'll be one of those guys that they'll be tracking down up in the Sierra Nevadas.....

If that's what floats your boat, who am I to say you're wrong?

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »

The soil samples have been tested and the results have come back and here is what is needed....lot more tyrant blood and only a dash of patriot blood.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »
For a lot of reasons......not the least of which is the future of this Forum......we want to be VERY careful of our choice of words here......

Lets discuss this in a thoughtful, and civil manner.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
I think these are staged like the Reichstag fire

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »

...and the Gob-buls(queer) controlled MSM will spin the story to their advantage.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 05:02:28 PM »

I agree.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 05:04:28 PM »

Same here.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 05:34:58 PM »
Did Aliksky program for a backlash so great that the firearm-less bong sucking queer hippies are so overwhelmed, that they are DESTROYED in three days, their institutions burned to the ground, their homes (communes) eviscerated, and their offices burned to the ground in a wink of an eye?

Alinsky programmed for CHAOS to be an opportunity; and the state-run propaganda ministry would spin those bong-sucking queers into martyrs in a heart beat.

The second amendment enshrines the right to bear arms, but only IN SELF DEFENSE.  Picking up a rifle and hitting the streets looking for a fight is not what the founders had in mind.  Protect your home and family - from the government, if that's who the threat turns out to be - and unite with friends and neighbors to defend their homes and yours. 
-- Capt. John Parker

-- Capt. Steve Rogers

-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 05:37:27 PM »
I have a gut feeling, breaking down the second ammendment is the next lib project.