Author Topic: DCCC Takes On Fox News  (Read 10558 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
DCCC Takes On Fox News
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:07:38 PM »

By POLITICO STAFF

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has come up with a novel way to energize the base and capitalize on the left’s antipathy to Fox News—a “Fact Check Fox” State of the Union rapid response team staffed by grassroots activists.

“This group of Democratic Party activists will stand at the ready to counter the lies and distortions that erupt from the rightwing media and Republican spin doctors like Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck following President Obama's State of the Union address on Wednesday night,” reads the email, which will be sent out Wednesday to its 4 million-plus list. “You will receive rapid response fact check text alerts and a direct line to our Rapid Response team to tell us when you see Republican pundits and Members of Congress twisting the truth.”

The DCCC email, which says it aims to recruit 5,000 new members to its fact check team by midnight, comes with head shots of four top Fox villains—Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32078.html

The democratics are bleeding popularity like an open jugular, Obama has run out of tricks after only one year, challenges to their seats coming from every direction and what do they do?

Go after 4 media pundits on a news channel.

:lmao:   :mental:

Brilliant plan, DUmbasses!  I highly encourage you to keep it up!
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline thundley4

Re: DCCC Takes On Fox News
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:41:10 PM »
I can't wait to see some fact checking done about Lord Zero's lies in the SOTU.

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
O.M.G. I'm all a'twitter..... ::)
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 01:48:48 PM »
This oughta be good!  :-)
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:49:24 PM »
I can't wait to see some fact checking done about Lord Zero's lies in the SOTU.

That's exactly what flashed through my mind...OhBummer need fact-checking alot more than any commentators do, he and his loyal minions haver been playing ever faster and looser with their bullshit stats lately, stimulus results for instance, to the point that they can't even all tell consistent lies.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »
They're going to fact check the media's response, but not the content of what the TOTUS says?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32078.html

The democratics are bleeding popularity like an open jugular, Obama has run out of tricks after only one year, challenges to their seats coming from every direction and what do they do?

Go after 4 media pundits on a news channel the most trusted news channel in America.

:lmao:   :mental:

Brilliant plan, DUmbasses!  I highly encourage you to keep it up!

Fixed 'er for ya, sir. :II:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »
The democratics are bleeding popularity like an open jugular, Obama has run out of tricks after only one year, challenges to their seats coming from every direction

You're totally right, and I find it somewhat frightening.

Not because I like the Democrats being in power any more than the Republicans, but because I fear the pushback that's going to be coming sooner or later. The Democrats have spent the last year completely ignoring conservatives and their role in politics and just using their majorities to cram legislation through. What's going to happen if the Republicans take huge majorities?

Same damned thing.

Our political pendulum is starting to swing out of control, people. Time to wake up and stop the vicious cycle, no?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »

Not because I like the Democrats being in power any more than the Republicans, but because I fear the pushback that's going to be coming sooner or later. The Democrats have spent the last year completely ignoring conservatives and their role in politics and just using their majorities to cram legislation through. What's going to happen if the Republicans take huge majorities?

Same damned thing.

Our political pendulum is starting to swing out of control, people. Time to wake up and stop the vicious cycle, no?

I dunno, the Republicans aren't really very good at that.  There are a lot of Centrists in their ranks, and most of them are of an age to remember how badly Newt overplayed his hand after the 94 elections, and not go down that road again.  Newt mistook repudiation of the President's Leftist agenda for adoption of a Right-wing agenda, which was not what the electorate really had in mind at all. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

Same damned thing.

Yeah...we should just play nice and include the democrats when we win back a huge majority in the house and senate.

DUmbass.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 02:28:44 PM »
Thank Heaven we have the Ministry of Truth to keep us safe!

::)
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline dandi

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

Offline dandi

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 02:30:15 PM »

Same damned thing.

Q:  What will you find in the middle of the road?

A:  Yellow stripes and dead animals

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 02:41:02 PM »
Yeah...we should just play nice and include the democrats when we win back a huge majority in the house and senate.

DUmbass.

I'm not a Democrat, nor am I even very liberal. If anything, I'd say I swing more towards the conservative point of view. Your willingness to jump to such a conclusion when I display even the most fractional difference in opinions is perfect proof of how entrenched our political opinions have become in this country. Stagnation due to bigotry on both sides.

According to the Republicans the liberals are all commie Stalinists and according to the Democrats the conservatives are all racist rednecks and neo-nazis. It's amazing.

What happened to the intelligent political dialog of the past? This is what moved our nation forward. Not name-calling and finger pointing. Name-calling and finger pointing are political tricks meant to distract people from the real problems.

The real problem right now is that we are dealing with a government that is becoming increasingly corrupt and totalitarian/fascist regardless of the officeholders of the moment.

Q:  What will you find in the middle of the road?

A:  Yellow stripes and dead animals

Q: What will you find on the sides of the road?

A: Hitler, Stalin, Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il, Saddam Hussein, The Taliban...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:50:31 PM by Doppelganger »

Offline dandi

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 02:57:38 PM »

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater...

I can play that game, too.

Centrist, middle of the road moderates are what got us democrat lite candidates like McCain and "geniuses" like Powell (who endorsed and voted for Obama) telling us how we needed to tone it down and moderate.

Uh, screw that. 

Conservatism and drawing a distinct difference between the two candidates is what wins.  You articulate common sense conservatism and you win every single time.

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »
Conservatism and drawing a distinct difference between the two candidates is what wins.  You articulate common sense conservatism and you win every single time.

Absolutely correct!

Problem is, dutch, I don't think you can do that with the Republican party anymore. It, just like the Democratic party, is too corrupt. Too full of corporate influence and talking heads with their own personal interests at stake.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/07/palin-tea-party-speech-ne_n_414965.html

Hell, they're even cashing in on some of the first grassroots movements we've seen in decades that should rightfully be totally against them and their sellout, greedy interests.

In the 2000 Congressional Elections, out of the 435 Congressional districts in which there were elections, 359 were listed as "safe" by Congressional Quarterly. [4] In all of these 359, there was no uncertainty as to who would win. The results a week later confirmed that very few House races were competitive. The 2000 House election resulted in a net change of only four seats (+1 for the Democrats, -2 for the Republicans and the electing of an additional independent). In total, 98% of all incumbents were re-elected.

It's safe to say that those numbers are not a good sign. Our politicians have become so comfortable in their positions that both sides have sold out. Nobody's there to remind them not to take their position and power for granted.

Tommy J. is one of the greatest American role models, so I don't think your ideals can be THAT far off from mine if we can agree on that point.

You can't just write off the entire liberal side of the political spectrum. We need compromise or our system is going to fail, because the fact that you will not budge is exactly the same as the fact that the liberals will not budge. And in the meantime, the politicos have been rigging the entire political system to create a plutarchy.

Keep refusing to budge, keep refusing to compromise, and they will continue to gain ground. Washington will continue to become a breeding ground for corporate interests and corrupt politicians because nobody will be there to stop them while we're all off fighting our meaningless little war of ideals.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:07:47 PM by Doppelganger »

Offline dandi

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 03:27:23 PM »
Absolutely correct!

Problem is, dutch,

Uh, you're responding to me, wasp69.

I don't think you can do that with the Republican party anymore. It, just like the Democratic party, is too corrupt. Too full of corporate influence and talking heads with their own personal interests at stake.

You are familiar with the primary process in this country, yes?  That's where common sense conservatism really comes into play.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/07/palin-tea-party-speech-ne_n_414965.html

You are linking the huffington post to make your point?

:rotf:

Hell, they're even cashing in on some of the first grassroots movements we've seen in decades that should rightfully be totally against them and their sellout, greedy interests.

I have yet to see any politician be able to honestly claim anything on the Tea Parties, but they are trying.  The Tea Parties are a true grassroots movement and I don't think that the members will allow themselves to be co-opted by the GOP.  After all, they're pissed off at the RINOs as well as the democrats.

It's safe to say that those numbers are not a good sign. Our politicians have become so comfortable in their positions that both sides have sold out. Nobody's there to remind them not to take their position and power for granted.

Elections, ballot box, Mass. Rebellion, any of this ringing a bell for you?

Tommy J. is one of the greatest American role models, so I don't think your ideals can be THAT far off from mine if we can agree on that point.

Tommy J?  Did you honestly call one of the greatest minds in history Tommy J? 

Jefferson is spinning in his grave at what is going on.  And, FWIW, he was not a centrist.  Not even close.

You can't just write off the entire liberal side of the political spectrum.

I don't intend to just write them off, I want their ideology destroyed.

We need compromise or our system is going to fail,

Heard this reach across the aisle crap way too many times.  It doesn't work, we do not have honest opposition when it comes to democrats.  "Compromise" to them is when their opponents do what they say.  I, personally, am long past done with that.

because the fact that you will not budge is exactly the same as the fact that the liberals will not budge.

I'm not willing to budge on my freedom, my liberty, or my God given rights as a human being.  I will not be subjugated by these marxist monsters.

And in the meantime, the politicos have been rigging the entire political system to create a plutarchy.

Ballot box, see above.

Keep refusing to budge, keep refusing to compromise, and they will continue to gain ground.

Have you been asleep for the past 4 months?  VA, NJ, MA, hardly any democrat seat safe?  Have you not been paying attention?

Washington will continue to become a breeding ground for corporate interests and corrupt politicians because nobody will be there to stop them while we're all off fighting our meaningless little war of ideals.

Keep telling yourself that.  We'll be out winning hearts and minds with common sense conservatism while you're trying to play nice.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
I'm not a Democrat, nor am I even very liberal. If anything, I'd say I swing more towards the conservative point of view. Your willingness to jump to such a conclusion when I display even the most fractional difference in opinions is perfect proof of how entrenched our political opinions have become in this country. Stagnation due to bigotry on both sides.

liberal talking point! //sarcasm

According to the Republicans the liberals are all commie Stalinists and according to the Democrats the conservatives are all racist rednecks and neo-nazis. It's amazing.

Again, confusing Republican and Conservative. And we think Obama is a fascist. We know that NAZI is a leftwing thing around here, always have.

What happened to the intelligent political dialog of the past? This is what moved our nation forward. Not name-calling and finger pointing. Name-calling and finger pointing are political tricks meant to distract people from the real problems.

What intelligent political dialogue of the past?

The real problem right now is that we are dealing with a government that is becoming increasingly corrupt and totalitarian/fascist regardless of the officeholders of the moment.

Isn't that what we just said?

Their admirers are running the government.

Offline ConservativeMobster

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »
Took me a while to get here dopple but this is the philosophy of the local TEA PARTY where my membership resides.  In fact, 2 years ago I sounded like YOU.

The Silent Majority –  Silent No More

WE THE PEOPLE are standing up for principles not parties

Limited Government – As our Founding Fathers recognized, restraint of government is necessary to protect the liberties of the people.

Fiscal Responsibility – Government at all levels must learn to live within its means. To saddle future generations with the crushing burden of our excess spending is unconscionable.

Personal Responsibility – Liberty is unsustainable without responsibility. Each citizen must take responsibility for the consequences of his or her own actions while respecting the rights and dignity of others.

The Rule Of Law - Our Constitution is the “Highest Law”. The rule of law must be consistent, independent, and uniform in its application which is critical to a free and prosperous society.

National Sovereignty – We must maintain a strong national defense, effective security for our borders, and sole control over our land and our laws resisting all governing from the outside .

State Sovereignty -The Tenth Amendment was adopted to emphasize the fact that the states remained individual and unique sovereignties; that they were empowered in areas that the Constitution did not delegate to the federal government. With this in mind, any federal attempt to legislate beyond the Constitutional limits of Congress’ authority is a usurpation of state sovereignty and rendered unconstitutional.

There are no R's and D's in the Tea Parties, there are convictions.  The dems are mistakingly taking our views as politics and that will be their downfall.  The Repubs had better heed this warning also and wasp is right on the money...ballot box!
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?***Ronald Reagan

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
DCCC

I would think we agree that government should not favor one company over another with its policies and asctions. It should not be bailing out some banks at the expense of others or bailing out GM at the cost to its competitors. This is fascism. Corporations and politicians have been doing that since the beginning of politics, the first profession some call it. heh.
We the people need to take many powers away from governments at all levels.

Its not the problem of corporate money in politics, its those who take the money and get bought thats the problem. Those people are still getting electing and still have the same ideology whether they take the money or not.

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 09:47:25 PM »
Uh, you're responding to me, wasp69.

My apologies. I'm new here and I haven't exactly memorized the roster yet.

You are familiar with the primary process in this country, yes?  That's where common sense conservatism really comes into play.

Oh, yeah. McCain is proof positive that the primary process works just dandy.

You are linking the huffington post to make your point?

:rotf:

Oh, sorry. Here.
http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/01/27/sarah-palins-latest-disaster-tea-partiers-demand-refunds-for-palin-speech/
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/palin-tea-party-speech-netting-her-100000/question-812261/

I have yet to see any politician be able to honestly claim anything on the Tea Parties, but they are trying.  The Tea Parties are a true grassroots movement and I don't think that the members will allow themselves to be co-opted by the GOP.  After all, they're pissed off at the RINOs as well as the democrats.

Elections, ballot box, Mass. Rebellion, any of this ringing a bell for you?

Not really. The people were presented with two lousy gubernatorial choices. They picked the less lousy of the two.

Tommy J?  Did you honestly call one of the greatest minds in history Tommy J?  

Jefferson is spinning in his grave at what is going on.  And, FWIW, he was not a centrist.  Not even close.

What, would you prefer TJ?  :evillaugh: Seriously, though, I never said he was. He sure as hell was centrist compared to some of the people here, though.

I don't intend to just write them off, I want their ideology destroyed.

Heard this reach across the aisle crap way too many times.  It doesn't work, we do not have honest opposition when it comes to democrats.  "Compromise" to them is when their opponents do what they say.  I, personally, am long past done with that.

You need to stop and consider what you're saying. And do you honestly, honestly believe the Democratic politicians are the only ones lying to you? You think the Republican power-brokers aren't doing the same exact thing?

And do you think that these Democrats you are so willing to label as evil will not be just as effective as you at riling up extremists and going to war? Think for a moment before you take that fatal step.

I'm not willing to budge on my freedom, my liberty, or my God given rights as a human being.  I will not be subjugated by these marxist monsters.

Religion in politics, the persecution of homosexuals, racism... here's what the Democrats are saying conservatives will do with power, buddy. And Republicans are just as bad. Any liberal officeholder is a Marxist, communist, atheist bastard.

Looks like you bought in hook, line, and sinker.

Ballot box, see above.

Have you been asleep for the past 4 months?  VA, NJ, MA, hardly any democrat seat safe?  Have you not been paying attention?

I don't particularly care whether it's a Democrat or Republican being seated or unseated. Both represent the same problem and ongoing animosity. Yes, the Democrats are going to see a big backswing soon, and yes, Republicans will gloat and abuse power just as badly, and probably try exactly the same steamrolling tactics that the Dems have for the past year. I'm supposed to be impressed?

Keep telling yourself that.  We'll be out winning hearts and minds with common sense conservatism while you're trying to play nice.

If you can manage to do that, I'll cheer you on. In the meantime I'll try to keep people who buy into political ideologies like schmucks from killing one another or turning our state into a totalitarian circus.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 09:50:09 PM by Doppelganger »

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »
Again, confusing Republican and Conservative. And we think Obama is a fascist. We know that NAZI is a leftwing thing around here, always have.

No I'm not. The Republican party tends to do most of the media talking for conservatives, and the Democratic party is the same for liberals. Both condemn one another AND the other side of the political spectrum constantly. To Democrats, all conservatives are Republicans, and vice versa. It's easier for all of them to broadbrush each other that way.

By the way, the common link between Nazis and Stalinists is that they are both authoritarian. Stalin was far left, Hitler was far right. Both authoritarian. Both equally scary. No,  Hitler was not leftist - his social ideals were primarily conservative.

What intelligent political dialogue of the past?

Okay, you've got me there. But really, the past decade or two have seen a marked increase in exactly how ideologically entrenched the American people are.

Isn't that what we just said?

Well, not really. Or at least I haven't heard any agreement yet on the fact that it isn't just this administration that has contributed to our downfall.

Their admirers are running the government.

Agreed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:11:29 PM by Doppelganger »

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 10:39:46 PM »
<I>Hitler was not leftist - his social ideals were primarily conservative

I doubt that very much. He was a socialist, he had praise for Karl Marx on almost every point.

He thought christianity was a gutter religion. He was a vegetarian.

Nothing about the man was conservative, as we know it in the US.

Offline Aaron Burr

• Evil Conservative
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 10:41:03 PM »
Wow. Thread derailment due to Hitler...15 yard penalty and no first down.

Offline Doppelganger

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »

Wow. Thread derailment due to Hitler...15 yard penalty and no first down.

Damn you, Godwin!