Author Topic: Joe Wilson Thread (Obama is a LIAR)  (Read 13623 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Joe Wilson Thread (Obama is a LIAR)
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 11:12:21 AM »
I was glad to finally see one member of the GOP with cojones....something his compadres seem to have been lacking for a decade or so.  Considering how outrageous the entire scheme is, I thought his response was spot-on.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »
While I do think it was inappropriate to shout it out during the President's speech....and just because the Dems have shown an obvious lack of classy behavior doesn't mean the Republicans' should sink to the same level.....

I have to admit...we both said...Yeah, baby! ....when he did it.

It still, however, doesn't make the behavior right or acceptable.

I think it's really sad that the office of President of the United States has reached a point where there is little to no respect anymore. It started with Clinton's disregard of the "office" which in turn lowered the People's respect for the office. It continued throughout Bush's two terms with the continual downward spiral by the MSN and late night television. Now there is someone in office again...that half the country doesn't respect the individual...and the individual himself is intent on destroying what the office itself has represented for centuries.

It makes me sad for our country.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 02:01:47 PM »
I am glad he had the balls to speak what the rest of us were feeling while watching him speak last night
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2009, 02:07:52 PM »
[youtube=425,350]RBxmEGG71PM[/youtube]

Hypocritical libs.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2009, 02:27:14 PM »
I am so pissed when I think of the attitudes of the Rats it makes me sick to think they get away with some of the sh*t that they are thowing huge fits over with us

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2009, 03:02:10 PM »
Joe Wilson's only apology is that he didn't say it before the prime time speech. Good for him.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2009, 03:35:05 PM »

last time I believed someone who said "trust ME".....I ended up pregnant....have never believed anybody since when they utter those words....
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2009, 03:45:04 PM »

last time I believed someone who said "trust ME".....I ended up pregnant....have never believed anybody since when they utter those words....

:rotf:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »
I coulda swore I heard on Rush's program this morning that the only reason Wilson apologized was that the spineless wonders in the Republican leadership did some cloak room arm twisting.

Limp-dick bastards.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
I coulda swore I heard on Rush's program this morning that the only reason Wilson apologized was that the spineless wonders in the Republican leadership did some cloak room arm twisting.

Limp-dick bastards.

The President is not their superior. They are equals. He was not being any more disrespectful than Obama was being.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »
House Democrats to Wilson: Apologize or Face Censure

On the House floor where President Obama spoke just a half-day earlier, two words shouted by a Republican congressman reverberated louder than the finer points of the health care debate.

House Democrats seized on House rules Thursday to demand South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson offer a high-profile apology to President Obama for shouting, "You lie," during the president's health care address.

Wilson called the White House shortly after Obama's speech to say he was out of line. The White House said early Thursday that the president accepted the apology.

But that did not put the issue to rest, and House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, also of South Carolina, asked Wilson to apologize on the House floor in front of his colleagues. The final vote of the day was held open by Democrats to give him an opportunity to do so, but he refused.

Democrats threatened to censure Wilson absent such an apology. So far they have not done it -- but even though House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said earlier that a censure was not being considered, her top deputies kept it in the mix.

Okay, as soon as all you a$$clowns apologize to President Bush.  Harry, you're up first.....

MORE

Offline cottondress

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »
I sent Wilson $50.00  and noted on the check ^5...wtg!
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
Ronald Reagan

Offline thundley4

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2009, 05:43:45 PM »
Shouldn't they be more concerned about criminal activities of say Charles Rangel? 

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2009, 06:41:43 PM »

last time I believed someone who said "trust ME".....I ended up pregnant....

To quote the late, great Lewis Grizzard, who was American by birth, and Southern "by the grace of God":

"I don't believe I'd told that!"   :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2009, 08:28:13 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBxmEGG71PM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

While there wasn't one single voice shouting out, it certainly showed a lack of respect.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »
If it was a state of the union address then yeah, bad form.  However, Obama making yet another speech -- this one to ramble on about more of the same while hurling insults himself?  

He is on his own.   He is a liar.   Just calling it like it is.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »
It was wrong to lose composure - there is decorum in events like these, and it should be met regardless of who is in power, else we are no better than the primitives. I'm glad he apologized almost immediately.

That doesn't change the fact that the Congressman is right, but The President is due his time even though we disagree with his message.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »
I have to say, based solely on the precedent set by the democrats towards GWB, that it was perfectly acceptable. Rush said it today: This is not politics as usual - there's no you wash me I'll wash you - this is a fundamental change into the way EVERYTHING that involves health and medicine is handled from now until the end of time.

And he was lying. It was a ****ing campaign speech using congress as a back drop.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »
You know, he's human, I've probably done worse.  He's apologized, the president has accepted and it is over.  Except it got some dems to scramble to close the illegal alien loophole.

Yes it was wrong but we conservatives have the bad habit of crucifying our own for stubbing their own toe while walking in the right direction and we watch outrage after outrage from dems or Obama and say, "I'll give them the benefit of the doubt." or "Well their hearts are in the right place."

Anyway, our Joe Wilson has way more class than their Joe Wilson.  I hope his toe gets better.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »
Illegals are covered now is that simply going to go away if this bill gets passed? Hell no - they'll get better freaking coverage then you and I will.
nine eleven is a car

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »
Illegals are covered now is that simply going to go away if this bill gets passed? Hell no - they'll get better freaking coverage then you and I will.
That's true but it's still fun to see dems scrambling to try and make it look like Obama isn't a big fat liar.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline RightCoast

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2009, 09:37:35 PM »
That's true but it's still fun to see dems scrambling to try and make it look like Obama isn't a big fat liar.

It would be funny if idiot RINOs (like asshat McCain) would stop covering for the douchebag.
nine eleven is a car

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2009, 11:35:54 PM »
To quote the late, great Lewis Grizzard, who was American by birth, and Southern "by the grace of God":

"I don't believe I'd told that!"   :lmao:

Probably not...but it's true....I was 25 and had been married for over a year.....

I have hated that phrase....Trust Me..... ever since

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2009, 05:37:31 AM »
Joe Wilson Is Rude But Right
And here is the evidence that we’ll pay more for illegals’ health care.

By Kevin Williamson

Set aside Joe Wilson’s bad manners — what about the substance of his accusation?

Mr. Wilson claims that various Democratic proposals wending their way through Congress will use U.S. taxpayer dollars to further subsidize health care for illegal immigrants. Democrats say this is not true, and the back-and-forth continues like this: Democrats say that there is nothing in pending legislation that explicitly covers illegal aliens. Republicans say, “Aha! But we offered amendments that would have specifically required more robust measures to keep illegals out of the system and you voted them down, leaving the back door open!” And Democrats respond, “No, we didn’t. We don’t need that, because Medicare and Medicaid and such already require documentation of legal status.” And then the Democrats will point to this report from that solomonic arbiter of fact, the CNN Truth Squad, which concludes: “A new report finds the bill could require illegal immigrants to buy coverage, but it clearly restricts subsidies to U.S. citizens and legal residents.”

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MzU5MjU2NDNlZmNkOTUyNDdmM2ZkYTI2YmE5ZjAxMzY=

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2009, 05:39:00 AM »
We have a communist as president.  I think the rules have been suspended.....