Author Topic: Rant.  (Read 20223 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Rant.
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
Well Eupher, you've just seen the real bitch that is Lanie/Bridget.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lanie

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »
There is no argument about the definition of freedom.........it is immortalized in our Constitution......in great detail.....

As a woman you are "free" to keep your knees together, therefore eliminating the "single mother" syndrome........and since we are on the topic, I worked and raised my children, why the hell should I have to pay for yours!  

You are entitled to as many "chances" as you are capable of going out and creating for yourself.......it is not my job to create "chances" for people, or financially underwrite their mistakes in judgement.......unless I choose to do so voluntarily.

doc

Honey, I've said no to men more often than nearly all you all put together so don't even give me that self-righteous talk.

So people should never be given another chance to fix where they messed up, not even for the sake of their kids? The Republican Party is soooooo Christian, isn't it? Not in the slightest. I'm not saying one can't be a Christian and be a Republican, but this idea that only Republicans can be Christians is laughable in light of this.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2009, 03:06:11 PM »
Honey, I've said no to men more often than nearly all you all put together so don't even give me that self-righteous talk.

They actually stayed that long? I figured they'd run for the hills as soon as you opened your piehole.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2009, 03:07:17 PM »

:rotf: :rotf:

Yeah, even a worm learns!
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2009, 03:08:01 PM »
Soon to come:

"Fine, I'm leaving and NEVER coming back!"  :bawl:

Offline Lanie

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2009, 03:08:17 PM »

And vice versa. I had no clue that some here were that heartless toward people. I favor a person's right to live through a disease if it's possible. But I'm the bitch? Only in the sense that I speak up for what's right. I care about people. Eupher doesn't. I've held my tongue in a lot of situations when it's only about being mean toward me. But these other people who just want to live? People who just want to feed their kids? My God. Literally. My God. How can some be so cold?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »
So people should never be given another chance to fix where they messed up, not even for the sake of their kids? The Republican Party is soooooo Christian, isn't it? Not in the slightest. I'm not saying one can't be a Christian and be a Republican, but this idea that only Republicans can be Christians is laughable in light of this.

Apparently, your reading comprehension sucks.

Read what doc wrote:

You are entitled to as many "chances" as you are capable of going out and creating for yourself.......it is not my job to create "chances" for people, or financially underwrite their mistakes in judgement.......unless I choose to do so voluntarily.

Stop asking questions when the answer's already been given.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »
And vice versa. I had no clue that some here were that heartless toward people.

Because YOU DON'T GET IT! There are charities, churches, ANYTHING other than demanding the Damn government confiscate the people's earnings at the point of a gun and with the threat of incarceration. Conservatives are the most compassionate people in the country and contribute a helluva lot more than liberals. Just don't DEMAND it from us because, quite frankly, we don't owe you a Damn thing. People that demand my earnings can up and die for all I care. Call it Darwinism. You want my help, ASK FOR IT.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2009, 03:10:24 PM »
They actually stayed that long? I figured they'd run for the hills as soon as you opened your piehole.

Did you wait until marriage to have sex? If not, then what right do you have to judge others? You're clearly doing something that could result in a baby.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2009, 03:11:39 PM »
The problem is everybody does not agree with your definition of freedom. If you're a single mom who can't get a job because nobody can look after your kid, then that's not freedom. If you can't work because you can't get medical help for a condition, then that's not freedom either.

And what do the people who have the money for THEIR families taken away from them get in exchange?

And if one class can take from another class without permission or the need to give back what is to stop them from becoming outright thieves?

And yes, I know. Nobody should be given help if they are human and make a mistake in life. Nobody should be given a second chance. I've been told all about that.
Straw Man to the Rescue!
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »
I care about people. Eupher doesn't.

Oh, and fine. Do it with your own money. So, how much do you contribute to charity?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »
And what do the people who have the money for THEIR families taken away from them get in exchange?

Robbed, raped, carjacked, murdered, burglarized, beat, stolen from, called evil, and have their votes canceled out by the leeches.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2009, 03:13:06 PM »
And vice versa. I had no clue that some here were that heartless toward people. I favor a person's right to live through a disease if it's possible. But I'm the bitch? Only in the sense that I speak up for what's right. I care about people. Eupher doesn't. I've held my tongue in a lot of situations when it's only about being mean toward me. But these other people who just want to live? People who just want to feed their kids? My God. Literally. My God. How can some be so cold?

You're wrong, as usual, Lanie.

You think I'm a heartless bastard? Not to my family, I'm not. And I'm not to those to whom I am FREE to help, either financially or otherwise.

Everybody else? You're on your own.

You call that heartless? I call it REAL.

It is not my function or call in life to fall all over myself helping out every hard luck story that's out there.

Now that that's said, when was the last time you worked in a soup kitchen? For free? Donated to a charity? Got off your liberal ass long enough to stop weeping and wringing your hands and GET TO ****ING WORK???

Offline Lanie

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2009, 03:15:37 PM »
You've answered my question:

You're not a single mother, therefore do not have direct experience with the issue. I seriously doubt you are involved financially with your sister, as I have been with my daughter (to the extent I am willing to go).

On that subject, please STFU.

Welfare is designed to keep those on the public dole on the public dole. Remove it, and we'll see who has the gumption to get off his/her ass and put food on the table. Again, you're whining about people who make choices in life, then get hit with the consequences of making those choices.

On the subject of charities, once again, you have no personal experience. You speak of your sister again. Uh huh.

Did you ever stop to think that the REASON churches and charities aren't as "efficient" (wow, now THAT's a word :whatever: ) is because people like you think that Big Brotha Government is supposed to dole out money for those who stand there with their hands out?

You know somebody with a bad heart? Or is it you know somebody who knows somebody with a bad heart?

You got to be the most indirectly connected person I've ever seen.

You know everything about everything, but your personal experience is limited to third parties.

Got it.  ;)

Uh, I bought my niece's school clothes this past year. I took care of her a lot more than her father ever did when she was little. If there's something she needs, I do make sure she has it. That's more than I can ever say for her father. And if something happened to my sister, I would be trying to get custody. Still want to act like you know about my situation? Maybe you should STFU.

Next, I say you're heartless because you actually believe somebody should die if they don't have the money to be put on a donor's list.

I don't really see how my pov about politics has any effect on church charities.

Oh, and what in the hell makes you think I don't participate in any charities? You ASSume a lot.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »

First of all, don't call me "honey".........that is reserved for my wife, and she is reading over my sholder and laughing her ass of at the concept that someone can be as nieve as you and still remember to breath regularly.

Also don't drag Christianity into this discussion, as a Christian I contribute to literally dozens of charities and benefits, but I do it voluntarily, and in many cases anonomously.........not at the point of a gun.

I repeat......I'm not responsible to pay for the poor judgement of others, unless I choose to do so..........

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »
Because YOU DON'T GET IT! There are charities, churches, ANYTHING other than demanding the Damn government confiscate the people's earnings at the point of a gun and with the threat of incarceration. Conservatives are the most compassionate people in the country and contribute a helluva lot more than liberals. Just don't DEMAND it from us because, quite frankly, we don't owe you a Damn thing. People that demand my earnings can up and die for all I care. Call it Darwinism. You want my help, ASK FOR IT.

Rebel, I probably wouldn't ask for your help or for Eupher's help for anything. I'd think you two were too judgmental to give it. Honestly. There are some conservatives I've gotten help from, and I've helped out conservatives.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:10 PM »
Rebel, I probably wouldn't ask for your help or for Eupher's help for anything. I'd think you two were too judgmental to give it.

Hypocrite much?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »
Uh, I bought my niece's school clothes this past year. I took care of her a lot more than her father ever did when she was little. If there's something she needs, I do make sure she has it. That's more than I can ever say for her father. And if something happened to my sister, I would be trying to get custody. Still want to act like you know about my situation? Maybe you should STFU.

Next, I say you're heartless because you actually believe somebody should die if they don't have the money to be put on a donor's list.

I don't really see how my pov about politics has any effect on church charities.

Oh, and what in the hell makes you think I don't participate in any charities? You ASSume a lot.
So why'd your sister shack-up with a dirtbag?

And good for you for buying your niece clothes. You're family; that's what family is for...but why am I obligated to pay for your sister? It seems to me that by paying for her life I and the other 80 million taxpayers have done more for her than the guy she had sex with...do we even get a hand-job out it?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Lanie

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »

And if one class can take from another class without permission or the need to give back what is to stop them from becoming outright thieves?
Straw Man to the Rescue!

If you'll read on, you'll see I was right about what people were going to say. That's why I said my last line.

I agree with your first point. That's actually why I agree with progressive taxation. Parents should get a bigger taxcut than non-parents. People should not be taxed to the point that they can't pay their own bills.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2009, 03:22:37 PM »
I agree with your first point. That's actually why I agree with progressive taxation. Parents should get a bigger taxcut than non-parents. People should not be taxed to the point that they can't pay their own bills.

Why? Why in the hell should someone who decides to have a child have less of their money confiscated than someone who decides to hold off or not have one at all? WTF kinda logic is that? They decided to have the child, I didn't.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »
First of all, don't call me "honey".........that is reserved for my wife, and she is reading over my sholder and laughing her ass of at the concept that someone can be as nieve as you and still remember to breath regularly.

Also don't drag Christianity into this discussion, as a Christian I contribute to literally dozens of charities and benefits, but I do it voluntarily, and in many cases anonomously.........not at the point of a gun.

I repeat......I'm not responsible to pay for the poor judgement of others, unless I choose to do so..........

doc

Honey, honey, honey!

As for your wife, tell her I said "hi hon."

I don't really care to grant the request of somebody who is so judgmental toward those they know nothing about. The argument that those who favor helping single mothers are just wanting to be sluts with no consequences is a dumb argument.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
Don't worry Mrs. TVDOC, you have NO reason to be jealous. That I can assure you.

Offline Lanie

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 03:28:21 PM »
So why'd your sister shack-up with a dirtbag?

And good for you for buying your niece clothes. You're family; that's what family is for...but why am I obligated to pay for your sister? It seems to me that by paying for her life I and the other 80 million taxpayers have done more for her than the guy she had sex with...do we even get a hand-job out it?

She didn't shack up; she married him. Again with the assuming and the judgmentalness.
As for why she did it, he had a completely different personality before the marriage. He didn't drink that much. He took my sister out. He showed a lot of personal responsibility at first. Heck, he even traveled to do some work on his grandfather's house. But after they got married, everything changed. He suddenly drank like a fish, got verbally abusive, and couldn't hold down a job. He still can't hold down a job. Most of us could not see that coming. My sister isn't the only woman who has gone through that in marriage. It's pretty much tricking somebody into marrying you by pretending to be somebody else.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2009, 03:29:48 PM »
So get a life insurance policy and snipe his ass. Hell, snatch his ass up in a bear trap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCu85V7VhqA

Offline Lanie

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2009, 03:32:08 PM »
You're wrong, as usual, Lanie.

You think I'm a heartless bastard? Not to my family, I'm not. And I'm not to those to whom I am FREE to help, either financially or otherwise.

Everybody else? You're on your own.

You call that heartless? I call it REAL.

It is not my function or call in life to fall all over myself helping out every hard luck story that's out there.

Now that that's said, when was the last time you worked in a soup kitchen? For free? Donated to a charity? Got off your liberal ass long enough to stop weeping and wringing your hands and GET TO ****ING WORK???

Well, the soup kitchen I donate to often says they don't need any extra help. The one time I did stay, I felt like I was in the way. I tend to donate to charity nearly everytime I go through the K-Mart and Wal-Mart lines. I donated a while back for an AIDS fundraiser. I want to donate more, but often am penny pinching.

on edit: I really do want to donate more and do more volunteer work than I've been doing. I'm hoping I can get to that point within a year or less.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:36:24 PM by Lanie »