Author Topic: State of the Grab Bag Address 2008  (Read 24135 times)

Offline Lauri

Re: State of the Grab Bag Address 2008
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »
gov sebelius (sp?) is starting off smacking the media? :rotf:

she was not compelling at all. as for working with the 'majority' in Congress... meh, not so much. :-)

and yeah, sleep well!

I wonder if the BarackStar will come out in favor of sleeping well tomorrow.  it sounds like a real vote getter.  "Hillary is opposed to you sleeping well, but I was in favor of sleeping well for all americans three weeks ago!"

HA!

wouldnt it be funny if we could get someone with a microphone to ask them really stupid questions like that?

"Senator? When did you come out publically against sleep??"

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:27 PM »

sleep well?  SLEEP WELL?!?!?!?!  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What was that....ya woke me up

she signed off with "sleep well".  if that isn't the walking incarnation of the nanny state, I don't know what is.

yeah but all the good evening sign offs are already taken.. 

although, I certainly liked "goodnight and good luck" :-)

if that was the best she had, she should have started with her sign off. :whatever:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34:56 PM »

she signed off with "sleep well".  if that isn't the walking incarnation of the nanny state, I don't know what is.

"Courage"  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »
I wonder if the BarackStar will come out in favor of sleeping well tomorrow.  it sounds like a real vote getter.  "Hillary is opposed to you sleeping well, but I was in favor of sleeping well for all americans three weeks ago!"

HA!

wouldnt it be funny if we could get someone with a microphone to ask them really stupid questions like that?

You two are killing me.   :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2008, 09:35:25 PM »

if that was the best she had, she should have started with her sign off. :whatever:

yeah, she was a snore..

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »
gov sebelius (sp?) is starting off smacking the media? :rotf:

she was not compelling at all. as for working with the 'majority' in Congress... meh, not so much. :-)

and yeah, sleep well!

HA!

" . . . and is it true that you are opposed to sunshine?"

Offline Lauri

« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »

HA!

You two are killing me.   :rotf:

they have this show in Canada with a guy named Rick Mercer.. its filmed in Toronto and they frequently go down to NYC and do the 'man on the street' questions with Americans and it is some funny stuff.

he gets people to say stupid things like "Congratulations Canada for getting indoor plumbing!"

he makes Americans look stupid, and they certainly help him out.. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2008, 09:58:52 PM »

obama is on fox news.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2008, 10:02:57 PM »

another phone text poll on fox.  that means that . . . YEP, frank luntz can't be far away. :whatever: :whatever:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2008, 10:02:57 PM »

obama is on fox news.

He followed Hill on NBC. (that channel just comes in better than the rest for me)

I'm going to go subject myself to Charlie Rose now for some detailed talking points and spin, lol.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2008, 10:03:41 PM »

I am going anywhere that frank luntz isn't.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2008, 10:06:03 PM »
I saw my first Clinton campaign ad on TV.  I saw her Christmas ad online and almost choked on the cheese and phoniness.  This one was all BLAME, BLAME, BLAME!  Blame the big companies!   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2008, 10:12:31 PM »
I saw my first Clinton campaign ad on TV.  I saw her Christmas ad online and almost choked on the cheese and phoniness.  This one was all BLAME, BLAME, BLAME!  Blame the big companies!   :whatever:

Ron Paul's ad that i saw today for the first time stated the US is "IN TROUBLE" ...

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2008, 11:30:57 PM »
Well Charlie Rose was a waste of time. LOL Yeah, I saw that comming but I was just feelin' politic-ie. It was 15 minutes on the speech then the rest of the hour was an Obamafest.  :yawn: :yawn:

- Ayn Rand

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2008, 12:34:07 PM »
Reading about the State of the Grab Bag '08 here was more entertaining then watching it. I lasted about 20 min's and switched to "Family Guy" :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »

brit picked up on nancy's mouthing thing

he needs that body language expert on to help him figure it out .. :-)

Tonya Reiman, expert on body language and 1980's hairstyles.