Author Topic: State of the Grab Bag Address 2008  (Read 24129 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

State of the Grab Bag Address 2008
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »
Michelle Malkin has "Electile Dysfunction" and it's contagious.  :o  :(

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/28/state-of-the-grab-bag-adress-2008/

The White House sends along this handy online guide to all the spending initiatives to be unveiled today. On top of stimulation-palooza, we’ll hear about:

“Supporting A Compassionate Foreign Policy: President Bush believes freedom can only be advanced if the United States does its part to eliminate the hunger, disease, poverty, and illiteracy that creates despair and allows violent extremism to take root.

:bs:

He will reaffirm the United States’ commitment to work with the other major economies and through the UN toward an international agreement on climate change that can slow, stop, and then reverse the growth of greenhouse gas emissions through actions by every major economy.

:bs:

Ugh... just hit the link to see some of the other things Michelle outlines. It's to depressing to do so here.

However, I got a smidgen of hope from Malkin's WH link so there will be fractional good news to go along with the avolanch of bull**** spending promises.

Eliminating Wasteful Federal Spending: President Bush will issue a pledge to veto any appropriations bill Congress sends him that does not cut the number and cost of earmarks in half. He will also issue an Executive Order on Tuesday, January 29, directing Federal agencies to ignore any future earmark that is not voted on by Congress.

That's not nothing. But it's close.  ::)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: State of the Grab Bag Address 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:48:33 PM »
Eliminating Wasteful Federal Spending: President Bush will issue a pledge to veto any appropriations bill Congress sends him that does not cut the number and cost of earmarks in half. He will also issue an Executive Order on Tuesday, January 29, directing Federal agencies to ignore any future earmark that is not voted on by Congress.

I got a kick out of that because it will drive the libs nuts.  The only problem I have with President Bush is that every time he opens his mouth, I know it's going to cost money. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:54:52 PM »

I got a kick out of that because it will drive the libs nuts.  The only problem I have with President Bush is that every time he opens his mouth, I know it's going to cost money. 

Yeah, I like that too. However, speaking of being driven nuts... did you check out the bottom of the link? Hint: the Dems special invitation of a media gallery seat to Al Jazeera.  :banghead: WTF?
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:55:51 PM »
my husband is all jazzed to hear the SOTU speech tonight.. he keeps walking in here where i am and giving me 'how many minutes are left til it comes on??" question.

i think he is making popcorn to sit and watch it..  :popcorn:

i dont know why he is so excited about it.. we wont get a tax rebate.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »
Yeah, I like that too. However, speaking of being driven nuts... did you check out the bottom of the link? Hint: the Dems special invitation of a media gallery seat to Al Jazeera.  :banghead: WTF?

I missed that.  I wondered what kind of guests the Dems would try to sneak in there this year.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:01:03 PM »

he's supposed to say something nice about nancy pelosi. :whatever:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 08:02:51 PM »

"My, Nancy, you're looking less haggard this evening."  :confused:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »
my husband is all jazzed to hear the SOTU speech tonight.. he keeps walking in here where i am and giving me 'how many minutes are left til it comes on??" question.

i think he is making popcorn to sit and watch it..  :popcorn:

i dont know why he is so excited about it.. we wont get a tax rebate.

I was jazzed till the MM article. Now I'm depressed. LOL

Well, it's on so I guess I'll watch it and just enjoy all the liberals snarling and occasional clapping and forced smiles. Bush still drives em crazy and I'll always love that about him! (if little else, lol)

- Ayn Rand

Offline jendf

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »

I hope it doesn't hurt.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:05:25 PM »
I'm going to have to find a better channel to watch this on.  I'm already tired of Jim Lehrer's stammering.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 08:05:50 PM »

"My, Nancy, you're looking less haggard this evening."  :confused:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »

which bald guy's head did he just rub?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 08:08:08 PM »
yeah, what was that?

and Hilary was not clapping...  :-)

and Obama and Fat Teddy are having a grand old time.. they are best buddies now I guess.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 08:09:15 PM »

I'm not implying that Nancy is a cult leader, but it would certainly be an improvement over her usual policies and legislation.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
Nancy Pelosi looks pained to have to clap at times... i hope they pan to Hilary a lot tonight. I hope she falls asleep and they catch her drooling.  :hyper:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
yeah, what was that?

and Obama and Fat Teddy are having a grand old time.. they are best buddies now I guess.

yeah, they are big buddies since the BarackStar traded teddy a gallon of rot gut for his endorsement.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »
Dang.  PBS has better audio of the audience than Fox News.  Looks like I'm stuck with Baggy-Eyed Jim.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »

I missed that.  I wondered what kind of guests the Dems would try to sneak in there this year.

i dunno about guests, but some dude down front was just reading his mail while the President was talking.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 08:12:52 PM »

Rush was making a joke this morning, while waiting for Teddy's speech .. he said something to the affect of, "yeah, its better if Edward Kennedy does his talking first thing in the morning.. not after noon .. or certainly .. eveings."

man, Nancy looks like she's about to cry! what is she looking at?

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 08:13:48 PM »
yeah, what was that?

That IS fun to see.  :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »

Rush was making a joke this morning, while waiting for Teddy's speech .. he said something to the affect of, "yeah, its better if Edward Kennedy does his talking first thing in the morning.. not after noon .. or certainly .. eveings."

there is a sign on W's back that says, "Kiss this, Nancy!!", and has an arrow pointing down.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »
Well at least the bitch isn't blinking every 0.12msec, though it seems to bed doing something strange with the mouth
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »

there is a sign on W's back that says, "Kiss this, Nancy!!", and has an arrow pointing down.

i thought she might be looking at his butt.. lol..

she is very distracting with all her lip twitching.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
This isn't any fun.  I can't tell the boo-ing from the cheering. 

I wanna hear the Dems get mad.   :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 08:16:23 PM »

i thought she might be looking at his butt.. lol..

she is very distracting with all her lip twitching.

it's the affect of muscle memory from decades of ass kissing.