Author Topic: Sarah Palin & the M4 (machine gun)  (Read 17317 times)

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
Re: Sarah Palin & the M4 (machine gun)
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »
To the Liberal Judges and News Media ASSUALT Weapons are Machine Guns ... You sure do livein a Conservative cave

Now you're backtracking. You said by law they're "machine guns". I just showed you where the law calls them "assault weapons". Now you're saying the media and liberal judges.

Per the United States military and the United States Code, weapons with a 3-round burst, LIKE the M-4, LIKE the A2, are considered "assault weapons", not "machine guns". Doesn't matter what a judge nor the media calls them. They would be wrong to suggest they're machine guns.  
It's a Felony and the local Media, Leo's and Judge would still say Machine gun  Reguardless of how your lawyer says it was only an Assualt weapon ...

Doesn't matter. That was not your point in the arguement. Not even sure what your point is...other than to be an ass.
Thanx  for toning it back ,I thought you were really mad at me ,I will do the same ...

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »
You can call it a Kazowie, it only makes you right in your own frame of reference.  Is it doctrinally a machinegun in military terms?  No.  Is it legally a machinegun?  Yes.  Are you behaving like a brain-damaged asshole yourself to call someone wrong in some cosmic sense for referring to it as a machinegun on a discussion board?  Unquestionably. 

Funny how you're basically doing the same damn thing. Also funny how the law calls them "Assault Weapons", not machine guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?page=awb

BTW, from the Brady Campaign's website:

Q: What is the difference between an automatic and a semi-automatic weapon?

A: An automatic weapon (machine gun) will continue to fire as long as the trigger is depressed (or until the ammunition magazine is emptied). A semi-automatic weapon will fire one round and instantly load the next round with each pull of the trigger. Semi-automatic firearms fire as rapidly as you can twitch your finger. This means that a semi-automatic fires a little more slowly than an automatic, but not much more slowly. When San Jose, California police test-fired an UZI, a 30-round magazine was emptied in slightly less than two seconds on full automatic while the same magazine was emptied in just five seconds on semi-automatic.

Ownership of machine guns has been tightly controlled since passage of the National Firearms Act of 1934, and their manufacture for the civilian market was halted in 1986. However, semi-automatic versions of those same guns were still being produced until the federal assault weapons ban was enacted.

Thanks for playing.

I'm not sure what your point is with the Brady quote, since it looks like it would support just about any usage, everything is a 'machine gun' to those guys except semi-autos, and it appears they aren't too sure about them.  It's a triviality anyway, and I shouldn't have said that 'acting like a brain-damaged asshole' part, sorry.

Tons of State laws, and Federal laws passed prior to 93, make them machineguns for staying-out-of-jail purposes, the three-round burst on the M16A2 and later variants is a twist, but still is legally a machinegun in any state codes that don't directly incorporate the Fed AWB lingo (all the States with which I'm familiar make up their own definition, a few out there somewhere probably have some have some catch-all "or prohibited by Federal law" clause at the end, I suppose).

FWIW, prior to adoption of the SAW and M240B, the infantry squad's automatic weapon support consisted of an automatic rifleman and an M60.  The automatic rifleman was armed with the same M16/M16A1 as the rest of the squad, so whether it was a "Rifle" or an "Automatic Rifle" depended on who was carrying it, not the capabilities of the weapon.  The SAW (which unlike the 240 variants doesn't actually have "machinegun" in its name, though it definitely is one by any definition) replaced the 'automatic rifle' role, not the M60's role. 

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:54 PM »
Ahhh yes...it's finally happening.

Don's is letting his inner ****-tard loose on CC.

Watch your inbox folks...next he'll start threatening you like he did VetWife at TOS.

Dipshit owes Schade an apology...

I dare his ass to try.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2008, 11:43:11 PM »

She warned me about you guys  and Vetwife can get F****D  It's always know it all macho men who BECOME Snarky and angry when other posters get stoopid ... and it's the Internet so if someone thinks a Percieved hero status insulates them from Retorts they need to think about it more often ?

We already knew about you jackass.

Check the screen name.  Somewhere in your drug addled mind does it ring a bell from ConservativeUnderground?

You threatened a very nice lady you ****stick.  Insinuated you were gonna SHOOT HER.

You're lucky someone didn't take that crap to the cops.

We decided to give you the benefit of the doubt about your past troll behavior.

And true to form you proved us right.
I did not threaten to shoot her it was her Husband !(She could not fight her own interwebz battle so she got her husband all in a Rile and he said he was catching a Plane to Chico and driving up to Oak Run to "Get Me" so naturally I said"Come  on in"  my door will be open,  if you know what that means I dont' threaten to shoot women ,just their Husbands who come off as "Real Killers" .... Post the transcript Troll 
I'm Easy to find Airwolfy and my doors are open for you to come in also ...