Author Topic: Rating The GOP Contenders I – Will They Change America?  (Read 8562 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Rating The GOP Contenders I – Will They Change America?
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2015, 06:18:50 AM »
#1  Ted Cruz    I can IMAGINE A Ted Cruz Presidency.  Can You?

Imagine
instead of economic stagnation, booming economic growth.

Instead of small businesses going out of business in record numbers, imagine small businesses growing and prospering. Imagine young people coming out of school with four, five, six job offers.

Imagine innovation thriving on the Internet as government regulators and tax collectors are kept at bay and more and more opportunity is created.

Imagine America finally becoming energy self-sufficient as millions and millions of high-paying jobs are created.

Instead of the joblessness, instead of the millions forced into part-time work, instead of the millions who’ve lost their health insurance, lost their doctors, have faced skyrocketing health insurance premiums, imagine in 2017 a new president signing legislation repealing every word of Obamacare.

Imagine health care reform that keeps government out of the way between you and your doctor and that makes health insurance personal and portable and affordable.

Instead of a tax code that crushes innovation, that imposes burdens on families struggling to make ends met, imagine a simple flat tax...... that lets every American fill out his or her taxes on a postcard....Imagine abolishing the IRS.

Instead of the lawlessness and the president’s unconstitutional executive amnesty, imagine a president that finally, finally, finally secures the borders.

Instead of a government that works to undermine our Second Amendment rights, that seeks to ban our ammunition...
... imagine a federal government that protects the right to keep and bear arms of all law-abiding Americans.

Instead of a president who boycotts Prime Minister Netanyahu, imagine a president who stands unapologetically with the nation of Israel.

Imagine a president who says “I will honor the Constitution, and under no circumstances will Iran be allowed to acquire a nuclear weapon.”...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YurHI-d3Dk
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
#1  Ted Cruz    I can IMAGINE A Ted Cruz Presidency.  Can You?

Imagine
instead of economic stagnation, booming economic growth.

Instead of small businesses going out of business in record numbers, imagine small businesses growing and prospering. Imagine young people coming out of school with four, five, six job offers.

Imagine innovation thriving on the Internet as government regulators and tax collectors are kept at bay and more and more opportunity is created.

Imagine America finally becoming energy self-sufficient as millions and millions of high-paying jobs are created.

Instead of the joblessness, instead of the millions forced into part-time work, instead of the millions who’ve lost their health insurance, lost their doctors, have faced skyrocketing health insurance premiums, imagine in 2017 a new president signing legislation repealing every word of Obamacare.

Imagine health care reform that keeps government out of the way between you and your doctor and that makes health insurance personal and portable and affordable.

Instead of a tax code that crushes innovation, that imposes burdens on families struggling to make ends met, imagine a simple flat tax...... that lets every American fill out his or her taxes on a postcard....Imagine abolishing the IRS.

Instead of the lawlessness and the president’s unconstitutional executive amnesty, imagine a president that finally, finally, finally secures the borders.

Instead of a government that works to undermine our Second Amendment rights, that seeks to ban our ammunition...
... imagine a federal government that protects the right to keep and bear arms of all law-abiding Americans.

Instead of a president who boycotts Prime Minister Netanyahu, imagine a president who stands unapologetically with the nation of Israel.

Imagine a president who says “I will honor the Constitution, and under no circumstances will Iran be allowed to acquire a nuclear weapon.”...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YurHI-d3Dk

Wowser, guess I am not as gaga over Trump as I first thought! :lmao:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2015, 07:53:59 AM »
Ted Cruz not only "talks the talk" but "walks the walk".   His conservative voting record and his refusal to back down to the Washington cartel not only makes him a Washington outsider but a serious alternative to the GOPe.  He is now tied in many polls for 3rd place along with Rubio.  In addition to his experience as a Senator, he was the longest serving solicitor general in Texas; winning several cases that he presented to the Supreme Court, (D.C. v. Heller) he is extremely well educated, a Princeton debate champion, knows the Constitution by heart and he has an audiographic memory.

Incidentally, when Trump was asked who he would pick for his VP he chose Cruz.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2015, 11:19:18 AM »
Ted Cruz not only "talks the talk" but "walks the walk".   His conservative voting record and his refusal to back down to the Washington cartel not only makes him a Washington outsider but a serious alternative to the GOPe.  He is now tied in many polls for 3rd place along with Rubio.  In addition to his experience as a Senator, he was the longest serving solicitor general in Texas; winning several cases that he presented to the Supreme Court, (D.C. v. Heller) he is extremely well educated, a Princeton debate champion, knows the Constitution by heart and he has an audiographic memory.

Incidentally, when Trump was asked who he would pick for his VP he chose Cruz.

Yep, and I am on record, earlier in this thread I believe, in advocating for 16 years of Trump/Cruz and then Cruz/?  Went back to check this thread.  I musta said the 16-year remark somewhere else; I do remember it.  However, I did state I was for Trump/Cruz back there. 

Nearly as important as our national security, in which Trump has been prescient on several occasions and in which, past records aside (Rubio dredged some shit up on Cruz and it can go on ad infinitum) I don't care about anything said before the current political season although I DO very much care about actions, like the Gang of Eight.

Almost as much as America needs a president focused on safety, she needs her economic footing back on terra firma, and I believe Trump is best positioned as a player in the money arena.  Together they make a formidable pair, and if you go back to all their public statements you will not find them taking potshots at one another.  Trump seems to have about taken out Carson and particularly Jebbie at this point and it looks like Cruz is hitting Rubio harder in tandem with Trump. 

Politics is fascinating and it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out they are already functioning as a team, although no presidential candidate is going to admit anything of the sort.  In any event, I want both physical and economic security and that's the ticket I see best qualified to make America great again.

Bonus, if those two win, both will go after Hilarity with the full force of the federal law.  I can't see Jeb or Rubio doing likewise? :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:36:02 AM by Boudicca »
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline libertybele

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2015, 09:10:26 AM »
Yep, and I am on record, earlier in this thread I believe, in advocating for 16 years of Trump/Cruz and then Cruz/?  Went back to check this thread.  I musta said the 16-year remark somewhere else; I do remember it.  However, I did state I was for Trump/Cruz back there. 

Nearly as important as our national security, in which Trump has been prescient on several occasions and in which, past records aside (Rubio dredged some shit up on Cruz and it can go on ad infinitum) I don't care about anything said before the current political season although I DO very much care about actions, like the Gang of Eight.

Almost as much as America needs a president focused on safety, she needs her economic footing back on terra firma, and I believe Trump is best positioned as a player in the money arena.  Together they make a formidable pair, and if you go back to all their public statements you will not find them taking potshots at one another.  Trump seems to have about taken out Carson and particularly Jebbie at this point and it looks like Cruz is hitting Rubio harder in tandem with Trump. 

Politics is fascinating and it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out they are already functioning as a team, although no presidential candidate is going to admit anything of the sort.  In any event, I want both physical and economic security and that's the ticket I see best qualified to make America great again.

Many feel that a deal was made between Cruz and Trump long ago and certainly both of them are savvy enough to do so. They are different in many ways, but similar in others and they do compliment each other well.  Trump has the business smarts and Cruz has the constitutional/political smarts.  I'm not so sure that this is the case, but certainly Trump has not gone after Cruz.  Either he has deep admiration and respect for him, or they have both been in this from the beginning.

There are two concerns though that I have.  First of all, both are loathed by the GOPe.  If one of them were to get the nomination would the RNC/GOPe stand behind them?  If they were to run together against Hillary would they get the GOPe votes? Would the GOPe voters simply stay home; thus handing the victory to Hilary. My second concern is Trump has again announced he is not ruling out a 3rd party run if he is treated unfairly.

Bonus, if those two win, both will go after Hilarity with the full force of the federal law.  I can't see Jeb or Rubio doing likewise? :shrug: