Author Topic: Rating The GOP Contenders I – Will They Change America?  (Read 8565 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
I saw this on RedState this morning.  Pretty good.

Rating The GOP Contenders I – Will They Change America?

By: Repair_Man_Jack (Diary)  |  August 7th, 2015 at 07:01 AM  |

In the next few days I’ll rate the 8 leading GOP candidates for the 2016 Nomination as reported by RealClearPolitics on 6 August 2015. I will rate four criteria; potential to change our nation, electability, personal integrity, and past performance. I will score them from 0 to 3. The ratings will be color-coded as follows.

Blue = Excellent (3 pts) – Implies candidate is solidly better than most of the GOP and all of the Dems.
 Green = Good (2 pts) – Implies candidate is better than GOP average and probably all Dems.
 Yellow = Low Pass (1 pt) – Candidate is on the low end of the GOP and is not impressive.
 Red = Terrible (0 pts) – Denotes a very nice person who does not need to serve as POTUS.

I will be rating 8 candidates based in the descending order of their 6 Aug 2015 RCP averages. I begin with Donald Trump. I rate Mr. Trump as Green. If THE DONALD becomes THE POTUS, it could be fun in a highly sadistic fashion. Like tossing a sack of teed-off scorpions into a belladonic nudist orgy sadistic.  Saint's note--this is hilarious!  He will at least try to really shake things up. He is genuinely mad about how things are going and isn’t a shy and gentle sparkle-pony when he’s angry. His favorite two words seem to be “You’re fired.” I only rate him below Blue because he remains a political neophyte and his conversion to my way of thinking on some issues may be too recent to be of genuine vintage. I have to rate THE DONALD higher than I’d like to on this criterion.

I now have to say unpleasant things about a genuinely likeable and decent man. I’m rating Jeb Bush, you see. I couldn’t stand by my recent posts here at RS.com if I didn’t rate Jeb as Red. He shares too many donors and political beliefs with Democrats to be a significant change after Barack Obama’s Presidency. I’ll cut this short in keeping with Ronald Wilson Reagan’s 11th Commandment.

Scott Walker currently stands 3rd and rates a Green on the change scale. He gets this rating because he has doggedly fought to change and undo Progressive priorities in Wisconsin. He has fought the high profile enemies and won. He does what is in his heart at personal risk to his career. I only hesitate to rate Scott Walker as Blue because he doesn’t seem to disagree with enough of the Democratic Party’s priorities to yank the whole thing out by the roots. When he is on your side, you will be glad he’s going to war in your fighting position.

The rest is here: http://www.redstate.com/2015/08/07/rating-gop-contenders-will-change-america/

Kudos to Repair_Man_Jack at RedState.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: Rating The GOP Contenders I – Will They Change America?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 10:24:03 AM »
Scott Walker may be the best fixer in the crowd but after last night I don't think he can stand up to the intense verbal onslaught from the dems....sad to say. Which is why I like Cruz. He has the ideas and debating skills to win IMO.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 10:31:14 AM »
I liked Huckabee's comments about Hitlary.
One of the highest campaigns priorities should be to beat up on Hitlary Clinton every at possible opportunity.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ken8521

• DeSantis 2024!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 01:16:37 PM »
Scott Walker may be the best fixer in the crowd but after last night I don't think he can stand up to the intense verbal onslaught from the dems....sad to say. Which is why I like Cruz. He has the ideas and debating skills to win IMO.

I think Walker can stand up to an onslaught from the Dems as well as anyone... he's 100% proven that in Wisconsin, where they have attacked him relentlessly... Recalls, constant lawsuits, politically motivated "investigations".. and he's came out clean as a whistle.

Cruz REALLY impressed me.  I felt I was pretty strongly in the Walker camp before the debate.. but I now find myself really liking 3 of the candidates.... Cruz, Walker, and Rubio.  Trump and Paul came across as people who just came for a fight... which is fine... but I'd personally rather see the real drag out fights, in the Presidential debates.  In the party debates, separate yourself, but keep it professional.  There's a time for it, just not sure last night was it.  One thing I definitely learned from this debate, this Bush will NOT be getting my vote.  That dude is 100% RINO.  I know very little about Carson, but he seems like a pretty nice man, and I thought his line about "being the only one to separate siamese twins" was pretty funny.

Trump's platform seems to be.. "Washington is broken, let me show you how I've manipulated the system for the last 20yrs..".. I'm not sure that's gonna sit well w/ lots of folks.  While he's right, it comes across as talking out of both sides of your mouth.  Paul had some good points, but he needs to tone it down just a notch... For a minute I really thought he was going to jump on Christie.. lol.

If I had to rank them in who I think won the debate:

Cruz
Rubio
Walker

Middle would be:
Trump
Carson

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 01:53:29 PM »
I'm sick to death of Trump. I get that he's tapping in to very real anger and that he's just as angry but the people supporting him, it's almost like the 0bama cult and we simply can't afford another president with more bluster than substance.

People keep saying, "he's a doer", "he makes a decision, tells people what to do and they do it". Okay, but what happens when the Joint Chiefs, We the People or congress disagree? 0bama ignores everyone and has made the Constitution his personal toilet paper. It doesn't matter how reasonable the other argument is. And he's forgotten, he works for us.

Trump has little understanding of sacrifice and service because his focus has always been on himself. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it does make me question his willingness to listen. Make a mistake in business and you file bankruptcy. Do the same to this country right now and it will be a cold day in hell before we ever see another United States.

Say something negative about 0bama, he lashes out and often seeks revenge because his ego bruises so easily. The Donald appears to have the same issues and I don't want another 4 years of petulance. I've yet to hear anything substantive from Trump that would make me want to vote for him over Cruz (he actually won over my husband last night), Walker, Rubio or even Fiorina. Huckabee, who I'd only vote for if someone held a gun to my head, impressed me more than Trump.

I didn't expect him to be a great debater because it's not his forte, I didn't have those expectations of Carson or Fiorina, either because they've never lived in the world of political theater. I did hope to hear something more than bluster and platitudes. Fiorina and Carson delivered, Donald did not. Our country is in serious danger and we have so many excellent, strong conservative candidates and everyone's following another Pied Piper.

What are we hearing today? Trump, Trump, Trump, Kasich, Trump, Trump, Trump, Kasich, Trump, Trump, Trump, Rubio, Trump, Trump, Trump, Carson, Trump, Trump, Trump, Fiorina, Trump, Trump, Trump, Cruz, Trump, Trump, Trump, Kasich, Trump, Trump, Trump. I'm truly scared.

Cindie

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 12:27:45 PM »
I am not a Huckabee fan, but I think he did very very well.  I am a huge Cruz fan, but I was somewhat disappointed in his performance, though he didn't seem to get the air time that the others did. 

One thing with Trump in the arena; he's taken the heat off Cruz which is a good thing.

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »
Still haven't watched the debate, but on DVR.  My top three remain Walker, Cruz & Carson.  But it is still a fluid situation.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline calibabe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 12:15:13 PM »
Here is the deal with Trump---he is a ringer, ruse, whatever you want to call him. I had some doubts before the debate that the talk behind the scenes was just that, talk. However after the debates I have not doubt in my mind that Trump is there to drive a massive wedge in the Republican Party and to allow Hillary to win. He is in effect her beard. When he said right out of the gate that essentially if he is not the party nominee then he mounts a 3rd party run. He is there to suck up all the oxygen in the room and when the dust settles we have a fractured party. In all honesty I wish the GOP and Pribus in particular would cut him loose now and be done with it. Remember once it gets to a certain point he does get federal funds to mount a campaign. While Trump has said that he will pay for his own campaign, and maybe he will, a 3rd party run with no exposure in Republican debates would be a huge hindrance to him. Maybe he will sink a couple of billion into a campaign. However without national exposure until October of next year it would be highly doubtful. While I'm not of the conspiracy vein aka Rand Paul, what he said with respect to Trump & the Clintons is spot on in my estimation. I do believe that he and the Clintons have/are in this together. His being in the race does not allow for other Republicans to get proper traction and make their case to the voters. I think Rubio, who I wasn't all that excited about previously made some excellent points and stands. I think if he or Cruz who I think equally did a masterful job of navigating around Trump to state their case were the two winners, if you can say anyone won with 10 candidates on the stage. I like Walker & Carson as well but because the moderators allowed Trump to have excess time to both answer and rebut it didn't give the other candidates a fair shake as well. I'm not someone easily offended. When Megyn Kelly brought up the Tweets by Trump with respect to O'Donnell I wasn't put off. However when he took the personal dig at Kelly I thought it was unwarranted. Then when he took his jab about "bleeding from wherever" I was totally disgusted. Trump will never admit he was wrong or take blame for what he says. He is beyond being a narcissist, which is what we currently have in the White House. He will not listen to advice that he does not agree with. What happens when the Joint Chiefs tell him something he doesn't agree with? Does he fire them and bring in military personnel that agree or just decides to do what he wants and be damned the consequences? The GOP has to make a decision before the next debate at the Reagan Library. Do they jettison Trump now and be done with it so that it is old news and doesn't dominate the debate or do they let him participate? Does Carly Fiorina get to participate and if so does Trump denigrate her during the debate proving he is the misogynist that everyone knows he is? I have no illusions that he would go that route thinking that it is alright because his "fan base" thinks it's ok to do so. They think any talk of having to reign in Trump as showing weakness when in actuality it shows humility something that Americans I hope still want in their president. Its time to cut fish or bait for the GOP. Whether they do or don't is the $64,000 question of the moment. I can't see how staying the course with Trump, his ego and worst of all his mouth wins any converts and more importantly independents who are sick and tired of the direction of the country these last 7 years. If the Republicans lose a large part of that group who is tired of the liberal progressive agenda then we all better get used to the title of "Madam President" because the Trump will have handed Hillary & Bill the biggest prize yet.
There's No Place Like Home

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 12:30:59 PM »
The GOP contenders might not get a chance to change America if economic reporting like AP's has it's way...

The Associated Press seems determined to become even worse at "fact-checking" politicians' statements than Politifact, the current cellar-dwellar in that regard.
At the rate things are going, the wire service, in addition to richly earning its nickname "the Administration's Press" since January 2009, appears to be in line for yet another: "Associated Politifact."

In his "fact check" following last night's Republican debates, the AP's Josh Lederman outrageously argued that Jeb Bush's indisputably true statement about job creation while he was Florida's governor needed to be qualified because of what happened during the next three years under successor Charlie Crist.

Keep in mind that Lederman prefaced his work by pretending that he was compiling "A look at some of the claims in the debate and how they compare with the facts.
" The headline claims to look for "TRUTH VS EXAGGERATION IN GOP PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE."

Here's the Bush statement, and Lederman's response:

Jeb Bush stated three facts:

He was in office for eight years.
While he was in office, 1.3 million jobs were created.

In citing that statistic, Bush used the federal government's Establishment Survey of employers.
For Florida, it shows a pickup of 1.319 million payroll jobs, the difference between the seasonally adjusted 8.034 million figure seen in December 2006 and 6.715 million in December 1998.

The former Sunshine State governor could have instead referred to the Household Survey of residents, which shows a pickup in the number of Floridians employed of 1.518 million (i.e., 200,000 more) during that same period.
Florida's job market and employment situation were "better off" at the end of 2006 compared to the end of 1998, with over 20 percent more people employed and a miniscule unemployment rate of 3.4 percent compared to 4.1 percent.

These are all indisputable facts completely free of any exaggeration, and are in fact arguably understated.

That's it.
Josh Lederman should have stopped there, and in the name of objective fact-checking was really obliged to stop there.

But, apparently, he just couldn't.
Lederman effectively contends that Bush is largely and perhaps fully responsible (there are no qualifiers in his writeup) for the 900,000 Establishment Survey jobs which were lost during the first three-fourths of successor Charlie Crist's one and only (thank goodness) term.

No, Josh.

Charlie Crist did that all by himself, turning his back on the Bush policies that worked almost as soon as he took the gubernatorial oath of office.
Among many things, he broke a no new taxes pledge by signing on to a $2.2 billion tax increase in early 2009, and changed the tone towards business coming out of state government from one of hospitality to indifference, or worse.

Construction employment during Jeb Bush's terms grew from a seasonally adjusted 456,00 in December 1998 to 669,000 in December 2006.
That increase of 213,000 works out to 46.7 percent, which Josh Lederman "cleverly" rounded way up to 50 percent.

He's only been at AP for just over three years, but he appears to have picked up most of the wire service's dishonest tricks.
Crist ruined Florida's business climate so completely that construction employment when he left office in December 2010 was only 338,000, i.e., over 25 percent lower than it was at the beginning of Jeb Bush's two terms.

Lederman also seems to want relatively uninformed readers to believe that Bush and Bush alone created Florida's housing bubble, when we know that the federal government was primarily responsble for that — particularly government-sponored enterprises Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Finally, Lederman seems to think that it's Jeb Bush's fault that many Floridians borrowed heavily against their homes' equity and often frivolously spent the funds.

So not only is Bush responsible for Charlie Crist's disastrous reign as Sunshine State governor, he's also responsible for all the bad financial decisions the state's individuals and families made! How does he sleep at night?
(That's sarcasm, folks.)

As noted earlier, Lederman has demonstrated a level of fact-checking dishonesty which gives Politifact a run for its money.
Several more such reports, and the AP will indeed deserve the nickname "Associated Politifact."

If any owebumaManiaMedia reporter anywhere gets a chance to tear down a GOP candidate, they will jump at it.
Whether or not they have valid sources, methods, or factual reporting matters not to the lib establishment press.

full article...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2015/08/07/associated-politifact-aps-lederman-thinks-jeb-bush-responsible-jobs#sthash.CtaQIdQa.dpuf
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 06:07:21 AM »
Here is the deal with Trump---he is a ringer, ruse, whatever you want to call him. I had some doubts before the debate that the talk behind the scenes was just that, talk. However after the debates I have not doubt in my mind that Trump is there to drive a massive wedge in the Republican Party and to allow Hillary to win. He is in effect her beard. When he said right out of the gate that essentially if he is not the party nominee then he mounts a 3rd party run. He is there to suck up all the oxygen in the room and when the dust settles we have a fractured party. In all honesty I wish the GOP and Pribus in particular would cut him loose now and be done with it. Remember once it gets to a certain point he does get federal funds to mount a campaign. While Trump has said that he will pay for his own campaign, and maybe he will, a 3rd party run with no exposure in Republican debates would be a huge hindrance to him. Maybe he will sink a couple of billion into a campaign. However without national exposure until October of next year it would be highly doubtful. While I'm not of the conspiracy vein aka Rand Paul, what he said with respect to Trump & the Clintons is spot on in my estimation. I do believe that he and the Clintons have/are in this together. His being in the race does not allow for other Republicans to get proper traction and make their case to the voters. I think Rubio, who I wasn't all that excited about previously made some excellent points and stands. I think if he or Cruz who I think equally did a masterful job of navigating around Trump to state their case were the two winners, if you can say anyone won with 10 candidates on the stage. I like Walker & Carson as well but because the moderators allowed Trump to have excess time to both answer and rebut it didn't give the other candidates a fair shake as well. I'm not someone easily offended. When Megyn Kelly brought up the Tweets by Trump with respect to O'Donnell I wasn't put off. However when he took the personal dig at Kelly I thought it was unwarranted. Then when he took his jab about "bleeding from wherever" I was totally disgusted. Trump will never admit he was wrong or take blame for what he says. He is beyond being a narcissist, which is what we currently have in the White House. He will not listen to advice that he does not agree with. What happens when the Joint Chiefs tell him something he doesn't agree with? Does he fire them and bring in military personnel that agree or just decides to do what he wants and be damned the consequences? The GOP has to make a decision before the next debate at the Reagan Library. Do they jettison Trump now and be done with it so that it is old news and doesn't dominate the debate or do they let him participate? Does Carly Fiorina get to participate and if so does Trump denigrate her during the debate proving he is the misogynist that everyone knows he is? I have no illusions that he would go that route thinking that it is alright because his "fan base" thinks it's ok to do so. They think any talk of having to reign in Trump as showing weakness when in actuality it shows humility something that Americans I hope still want in their president. Its time to cut fish or bait for the GOP. Whether they do or don't is the $64,000 question of the moment. I can't see how staying the course with Trump, his ego and worst of all his mouth wins any converts and more importantly independents who are sick and tired of the direction of the country these last 7 years. If the Republicans lose a large part of that group who is tired of the liberal progressive agenda then we all better get used to the title of "Madam President" because the Trump will have handed Hillary & Bill the biggest prize yet.

Hi.5  Trump is either in it to split the vote to hand it over to Clinton (as he did state he would run 3rd party) OR, he's in someone else's camp.  By his recent comments he has alienated two much needed sectors for the GOP to win; Latinos and females.  Secondly, he has criticized other GOP candidates and I have yet to hear him criticize Hillary.  So my guess he is in it to hand the nomination to Hillary -- she can't win the vote if the GOP base is united.
I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »
My liberal local fish paper wasted something like 2/3 of a page, analyzing a couple of Dr. Carson's comments at some event a while back.  Of course, they were trying to rip him to shreds.

It was pathetic, but typical & biased.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline The Stranger

• Just Off Probation
  • Every man is like the company he keeps
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
I'm sick to death of Trump.
Cindie
I agree just look into his business practices and how he made much of his money, he surely isn't a conservative. He's a yankee loud mouth that folks listen to because of the ANGER in America.
"Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »
I agree just look into his business practices and how he made much of his money, he surely isn't a conservative. He's a yankee loud mouth that folks listen to because of the ANGER in America.

What business practices do you speak of???????? If it has to do with real estate, he has made tons of money renting condo, apartments, etc in NYC. If it has to do with high rise condos in Mexico and Panama City, Panama, he sold investors the right to use his NAME. If they went bankrupt or have fincial difficulty , that is not his fault. If you are speaking about Atlantic City, investors lost money because the whole city went to shit and the gambling industry tanked. Just ask Mr Wynn who is tops in this industry.

Investing is a gamble FYI. I lost money in the real estate crash with REITS. Don''t blame anyone but myself. That's just the way investing works. Like he said in the debate, he has made hundreds of deals and the media could only find 4 that tanked. I bet you have no idea of how many start up companies fail. Much more than 10% (his 4% for 100 companies). Damn good business man if you ask me.

As far as I know, he did not stick the taxpayers of this country for billions like Freddie, Fanny, Solandria (sp) and other give-away shysters.   
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 06:48:13 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline The Stranger

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 08:06:36 AM »
What business practices do you speak of???????? If it has to do with real estate, he has made tons of money renting condo, apartments, etc in NYC. If it has to do with high rise condos in Mexico and Panama City, Panama, he sold investors the right to use his NAME. If they went bankrupt or have fincial difficulty , that is not his fault. If you are speaking about Atlantic City, investors lost money because the whole city went to shit and the gambling industry tanked. Just ask Mr Wynn who is tops in this industry.

Investing is a gamble FYI. I lost money in the real estate crash with REITS. Don''t blame anyone but myself. That's just the way investing works. Like he said in the debate, he has made hundreds of deals and the media could only find 4 that tanked. I bet you have no idea of how many start up companies fail. Much more than 10% (his 4% for 100 companies). Damn good business man if you ask me.

As far as I know, he did not stick the taxpayers of this country for billions like Freddie, Fanny, Solandria (sp) and other give-away shysters.
When he goes bankrupt (four times) and the bank looses BILLIONS as was said in the debates where and how do you think that money is replaced? We do thru taxes (many banks get federal money somewhere) and fees and such. He profited, took money then just walked away. That's not good. Also many of the losers were bond holders.
When he went bankrupt many hard working middle class jobs were lost, folks lost their retirement, jobs and so on. I know a few who did nothing but go to work everyday. Again he pocketed money on the backs of the working class. This isn't how I want our next POTUS to operate.
What he did in his bankruptcies is exactly what caused the last housing crash, over extending credit and walked away. I live on and little hill here on the side of a mountain and 3 of the nine houses here were empty for years because folk financed to the max took the money and left.
What will he do as president? borrow money from other countries then say oh well we aren't paying? The country can't go bankrupt.
I also remember reading that if you took his inheritance and added all the money lost from his bankruptcies and figured in for inflation he would be worth more had he sat home and watched TV.
I do applaud him bringing things into the debate about  immigration and sanctuary cities.
I don't like him ripping other republican candidates endlessly though. These statements will be used against anyone whether a republican or conservative!  :wink:

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 08:41:49 AM »
When he goes bankrupt (four times) and the bank looses BILLIONS as was said in the debates where and how do you think that money is replaced? We do thru taxes (many banks get federal money somewhere) and fees and such. He profited, took money then just walked away. That's not good. Also many of the losers were bond holders.
When he went bankrupt many hard working middle class jobs were lost, folks lost their retirement, jobs and so on. I know a few who did nothing but go to work everyday. Again he pocketed money on the backs of the working class. This isn't how I want our next POTUS to operate.
What he did in his bankruptcies is exactly what caused the last housing crash, over extending credit and walked away. I live on and little hill here on the side of a mountain and 3 of the nine houses here were empty for years because folk financed to the max took the money and left.
What will he do as president? borrow money from other countries then say oh well we aren't paying? The country can't go bankrupt.
I also remember reading that if you took his inheritance and added all the money lost from his bankruptcies and figured in for inflation he would be worth more had he sat home and watched TV.
I do applaud him bringing things into the debate about  immigration and sanctuary cities.
I don't like him ripping other republican candidates endlessly though. These statements will be used against anyone whether a republican or conservative!  :wink:

Other than the bankruptcies...mainly due to the real estate bust...how is he any different form most of the professional politicians that were on the stage with him?  Especially when it comes to criticizing others within his party?

I mean if one of your deciding factors is ripping on other members of the GOP...where's your posts of outrage on here about what Boehner and McConnell are doing to conservative members of their own party as the GOP leaders in the House and Senate?

You don't think Hillary! isn't going to use that as fodder when it gets down to her against the GOP selection...assuming it's not (God forbid) Jeb or Krispy Kreme?

If you're gonna dislike Trump do it for legitimate reasons...like the fact he was until recently pro abortion or the fact he's donated large sums to Democrts before pulling a Bloomberg.

But for the love of God...don't say you dislike him and then state as the only reasons you dislike him...a long list of Rove-esque RNC approved talking points.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 08:43:42 AM »

He made and lost his money in real estate and construction...more recently the gaming industry in AC.

Your point? 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 12:36:40 PM »

Agreed...and a gave you a Hi 5 for the Eastwood avatar!   :cheersmate:

Offline The Stranger

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 02:17:58 PM »
Other than the bankruptcies...mainly due to the real estate bust...how is he any different form most of the professional politicians that were on the stage with him?  Especially when it comes to criticizing others within his party?

I don't think his were all due to the bust, 1991, 1992, 1994, and 2009, not all bad years. he had four and there is either another on the horizon or the one from 09 is being reopened. I think it's just his way of doing business as was said in the debates where is was wrong also about ALL businessmen in his position, it's around 5% of the top 100 businesses not all or 90%.

I mean if one of your deciding factors is ripping on other members of the GOP...where's your posts of outrage on here about what Boehner and McConnell are doing to conservative members of their own party as the GOP leaders in the House and Senate?

I just got here but I do rip both endlessly!!! Those two have done one of the biggest bait and switch cons in the history of American politics!

You don't think Hillary! isn't going to use that as fodder when it gets down to her against the GOP selection...assuming it's not (God forbid) Jeb or Krispy Kreme?

Amen there!

If you're gonna dislike Trump do it for legitimate reasons...like the fact he was until recently pro abortion or the fact he's donated large sums to Democrts before pulling a Bloomberg.

But for the love of God...don't say you dislike him and then state as the only reasons you dislike him...a long list of Rove-esque RNC approved talking points.
No talking points my thoughts, words and opinion. I mentioned homes right here on my hill where idiots did the same thing. Refied a 55,000 home for 135,000 and walked away knowing what they were doing. Many many many did the over financing before the last bust and it was wrong all the way around. Don't you think so?
Peace brother and lets get the most conservative candidate we can as the next POTUS!

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 03:09:40 PM »

I don't think anyone can dislike him. We're talking politics here, not personalities. I'm not going to bring this over because I already talked about it on other threads, but after adamantly saying he'd defund PP, he's now walking it back. Not sure if his real hardcore supporters will care or not but it bothers me a great deal for a variety of reason: we need to look at cutting the budget, not keeping the status quo, anyone who believes government funding of PP doesn't help their abortion industry and their "less crunchy" dismembering of babies is delusional and, I can see evolving on an issue over a number of years (like Reagan on abortion) but to contradict yourself just a few days later is very troublesome. http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/11/politics/donald-trump-planned-parenthood-abortion-defunding/

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »
No talking points my thoughts, words and opinion. I mentioned homes right here on my hill where idiots did the same thing. Refied a 55,000 home for 135,000 and walked away knowing what they were doing. Many many many did the over financing before the last bust and it was wrong all the way around. Don't you think so?
Peace brother and lets get the most conservative candidate we can as the next POTUS!
You have a link to any of this stuff you're accusing Trump of?

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »

I believe that all 4 of the bankrupt happened in Atlantic City. I am happy that these shit-hole casinos and hotels went bust. One of my best friend got the gambling bug and lost his wife, his home, his business and is on the run from the gamblers. He owed thousand of dollars to the Mafia crooks in New Orleans. No one stuck a gun to his head to gamble. Same deal with investors who thought they were going to get rich. Homeowners that over leveraged their mortgage, banks that made bad loans, investors, and bond holders do NOT get any sympathy from me. Life is full of risks. You F. up and it is all on you.

Just want to remind everyone that Trump is on Hannity tonight at 9CST. I will be watching our next President.  :-)   

FYI, the money that the investors lost in Trump's companies is peanuts compared to the bail outs that were given to the too big to fail banks, GM and GE. The taxpayers got raped on those deals. To top it off, GM, GE, Catp. used those funds to build plants overseas. Guess what. The profits that stay overseas is not subject to taxation.   

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 04:47:41 PM »
I believe that all 4 of the bankrupt happened in Atlantic City. I am happy that these shit-hole casinos and hotels went bust. One of my best friend got the gambling bug and lost his wife, his home, his business and is on the run from the gamblers. He owed thousand of dollars to the Mafia crooks in New Orleans. No one stuck a gun to his head to gamble. Same deal with investors who thought they were going to get rich. Homeowners that over leveraged their mortgage, banks that made bad loans, investors, and bond holders do NOT get any sympathy from me. Life is full of risks. You F. up and it is all on you.

Just want to remind everyone that Trump is on Hannity tonight at 9CST. I will be watching our next President.  :-)   

FYI, the money that the investors lost in Trump's companies is peanuts compared to the bail outs that were given to the too big to fail banks, GM and GE. The taxpayers got raped on those deals. To top it off, GM, GE, Catp. used those funds to build plants overseas. Guess what. The profits that stay overseas is not subject to taxation.

Uh, it's not the casino's fault your friend developed a gambling addiction anymore than it's alcohol's fault someone is an alcoholic. Most people that go to casinos don't end up with addiction issues. My husband and I go for fun every couple of months and neither have an addiction. Your friend is the only one to blame for his situation. Period. I'm sorry for him but he did it to himself.

A good portion of those bond holders were regular working stiffs. 401k's and mutual funds are usually managed by fund managers working for companies like Fidelity. And not all workers have a choice as to what combination of stocks and bonds are in their portfolio.

Real human beings also have homes and families. And they weren't even at fault for the situation they found themselves in. Pretty sure one addict who could've gotten help, or even realized it was becoming a problem, didn't make them think, "Well, gosh, we lost our home and our family has to move, but I'm so glad Trump's casino went bankrupt. We lost the biggest investment in our future, but, hey, it's kinda like revenge for people with a gambling addiction so it's okay."

News flash: businesses exist to make a profit. It's good for their investors, too (even the little guys who invest as part of a mutual fund or 401k). Losing investors is not conducive to earning money. Companies move overseas because the taxes are lower and they don't have to deal with unrealistic demands from unions. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Lower corporate taxes and they'll come back.

Good lord, what the hell are you doing on a site like CONSERVATIVE Cave? People who want to support Trump, good for them. We all have our favorite(s). Some of my favorite people support Trump, but damn, your lack of knowledge about how the world works is stunning. Certainly, this entire rant is not one that I'd hear out of ANY conservative, even Trump supporters. Sheesh!

Cindie
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:53:06 PM by delilahmused »
Mick Foley

Hedy Lamarr

Morticia Addams

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 05:00:47 PM »

I, for one, will be glad when Trump finds the next shiny object and runs along to stick it up his ass. I cannot stand the man. He's a petulant, insecure worm who has no idea how to govern and no concept of the actual issues facing this country. You think 0bama is a loser at the negotiating table? Trump can't deal with MEGYN KELLY saying something he doesn't like. Do you think Putin is going to give a rat's nutsack what Trump has to say about him to the media? You think the Chinese or the Iranians would spend one moment fearing someone who runs to social media like a ****ing teenager to call an adversary a "total loser?"

Does anyone who supports Trump believe for one second that he would populate his Cabinet with people who are even remotely qualified for their position? You think 0bama's Cabnet is a joke, just wait until we have his ****ing daughter and son trying to run something. This is the greatest country in the history of the world, not a *******ed reality TV show. I would take ANYONE in the field over Trump. ANYONE. I would take LINDSAY GRAHAM over Trump. Anyone who supports that self-aggrandizing combover know-nothing grade school chump definitely needs to go sit and have a think.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »
Uh, it's not the casino's fault your friend developed a gambling addiction anymore than it's alcohol's fault someone is an alcoholic. Most people that go to casinos don't end up with addiction issues. My husband and I go for fun every couple of months and neither have an addiction. Your friend is the only one to blame for his situation. Period. I'm sorry for him but he did it to himself.

A good portion of those bond holders were regular working stiffs. 401k's and mutual funds are usually managed by fund managers working for companies like Fidelity. And not all workers have a choice as to what combination of stocks and bonds are in their portfolio.

Real human beings also have homes and families. And they weren't even at fault for the situation they found themselves in. Pretty sure one addict who could've gotten help, or even realized it was becoming a problem, didn't make them think, "Well, gosh, we lost our home and our family has to move, but I'm so glad Trump's casino went bankrupt. We lost the biggest investment in our future, but, hey, it's kinda like revenge for people with a gambling addiction so it's okay."

News flash: businesses exist to make a profit. It's good for their investors, too (even the little guys who invest as part of a mutual fund or 401k). Losing investors is not conducive to earning money. Companies move overseas because the taxes are lower and they don't have to deal with unrealistic demands from unions. We have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. Lower corporate taxes and they'll come back.

Good lord, what the hell are you doing on a site like CONSERVATIVE Cave? People who want to support Trump, good for them. We all have our favorite(s). Some of my favorite people support Trump, but damn, your lack of knowledge about how the world works is stunning. Certainly, this entire rant is not one that I'd hear out of ANY conservative, even Trump supporters. Sheesh!

Cindie

Ever heard of diversifying. You do not put all your eggs in one basket.  My retirement fund was diversified when Enron went belly up. The fund lost 2%. However, it has gained an average of 7% a year since then. Did you know that retirement funds have elections? In other words, as a member, you can vote to install a new member or vote to kick out an old one out. Also, the board of the retirement system can change Funds. In many 401k's, you do have a choice of stocks and bonds. There is no guarantee that your money will grow.That is how a retirement system works for your information.  i have investments in many areas but bonds is not one of them. Plus, I take issue with your statement that bond holders are average investors.

I have sympathy for those that lose their house due to job loss or sickness. Not so much for those that spend like crazy and piss it away on gambling, drinking and drugs. My friend was at fault and has to lie in his own bed. The same applies to those that make bad investment mistakes. Teaching the value of money and how to save should be taught in schools. People that are my age that still have a mortgage and credit card debt have been doing things wrong.  Guess what..80% of people that are retired have little savings.

Offline The Stranger

• Just Off Probation