Author Topic: Re the 'beheading' of that poor Muslim wife  (Read 875 times)

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re the 'beheading' of that poor Muslim wife
« on: February 20, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »
malaise  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Feb-20-09 04:14 PM
Original message
Re the 'beheading' of that poor Muslim wife

Edited on Fri Feb-20-09 04:15 PM by malaise
Aren't most domestic murders 'honor' killings? I think that's a gross description of this murder.
It's fugging domestic violence but humans kill their partners because egos are bruised and they can't take rejection. Whether it's a gun, a knife or beheading, it's domestic violence.

As the lady is saying what is the difference between decapitation and beheading?

The next time a wife is murdered I want to see a headline that a Christian man used the sexism associated with his religion as an excuse for killing her. Afterall is there a single religion that does not deem women inferior.

Gr.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5099339

Words. Fail. Me.

lxlxlxl  (416 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Feb-20-09 04:16 PM
Response to Original message
1. yeah...a crime is a crime...this is just something Drudge does

Link to totally irrelevant story

Sequoia  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Feb-20-09 04:19 PM
Response to Original message
2. All the religions which held women in high esteem

were knocked out by the Christian religon.
Many Native American and I think the Celtic religions respected women. I was reading that book about Buddah and he said something to the effect that if women were welcomed into the fold enlightment wouldn't be reached for, what 500 years (?) because they were too tempting to men. Okay, like there weren't gays then? I was so mad I tossed the book on the ground. As far as the Christian religon goes, that St. Paul sure didn't have any respect for women.

Seriously ? WTF ?

Bluerthanblue  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) 
Fri Feb-20-09 07:03 PM
Response to Reply #20
36. religion is "the" factor in this instance as much as democracy was 'the' factor

in the invasion of Iraq.

It's a scapegoat. A ruse. A banner we place, (or allow to be placed) on actions that are based when you come right down to the truth- entirely on our personal decisions to actually physically take action, or not.

The scariest thing for most people to grasp (imo) is the realization that the potential to do the most evil/vile/terrible things- the very things we fear that others will do to us, exists within us all. And the only real hope we have to stop murder, is when we reject it as an option ourselves

You are buying into the retoric. We both agree that beheading someone is wrong. But it doesn't matter what reason the murderer tries to hide their action behind. What matters is what they allow themselves to do.

peace~

malaise  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Fri Feb-20-09 06:12 PM
Response to Reply #24
25. Violence against woman is common to

most religions. I agree with you - this is not about any one religion - it is about domestic violence.
That's the key point here. I don't understand M$Greedia's spin more than a week after this horrific murder.

Really offensive thread.

One of the worst I've seen over there.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Re the 'beheading' of that poor Muslim wife
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »
Oh bull ****ing shit. I'm IN the bible belt and ALL guys I know that consider themselves Christians pretty much know who's in control. ....and it ain't the damn men. It's a slow process, but after a few years you find yourself not even thinking when your wife asks you to do something, you just do it. Sooner or later you start thinking, "Damn, where'd my balls go?".

DUmmies are about some f'n morons.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 07:55:50 PM »
BTW, I am a Christian. ......I just cuss a whole, helluva lot.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
OFFS!!!!!!!!!! :thatsright:  This is a new low for the most despicable place on the internet.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:33:06 PM »

Sequoia  (1000+ posts)

2. All the religions which held women in high esteem

were knocked out by the Christian religon
. Many Native American and I think the Celtic religions respected women. I was reading that book about Buddah and he said something to the effect that if women were welcomed into the fold enlightment wouldn't be reached for, what 500 years (?) because they were too tempting to men. Okay, like there weren't gays then? I was so mad I tossed the book on the ground. As far as the Christian religon goes, that St. Paul sure didn't have any respect for women.

Hmmm...Paul said:

Eph 5: 25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church
:

Eph 5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife [see] that she reverence [her] husband.

It is a truth that marriages run as advised in the Bible are pleasing to both spouses.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 08:34:36 PM »
BTW, I am a Christian. ......I just cuss a whole, helluva lot.

I betcha St. Peter cussed a whole helluva lot, too.  :-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »
has a split gone wrong here?

just willing to help.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 08:52:27 PM »
I betcha St. Peter cusses a whole helluva lot, too.  :-)

Fixed.  :cheersmate:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 09:03:46 PM »
OFFS!!!!!!!!!! :thatsright:  This is a new low for the most despicable place on the internet.

DU - Taking the USS Stupid to maximum warp everyday
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 10:00:47 PM »
DU - Taking the USS Stupid to maximum warp everyday
H5! I'm stealing that.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 10:47:36 PM »

Hmmm...Paul said:

It is a truth that marriages run as advised in the Bible are pleasing to both spouses.
Doesn't his letter to the Romans also serve as an introduction for the deaconess that carried the letter?  Humanist idiots think that seeing men and women as having different abilities and different roles is sexist.  Plus, most of DU has never even opened a bible.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken