Author Topic: Sen. Tim Scott shares threatening, racist voicemails he's received  (Read 663 times)

Offline Mary Ann

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213648805

Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (48,768 posts)

Sen. Tim Scott shares threatening, racist voicemails he's received

WASHINGTON — Sen. Tim Scott of South Carolina, the Senate's lone Black Republican who is leading the party's efforts on police reform legislation, shared some of the hateful and racist voicemails he has received in recent days with colleagues at a closed-door GOP lunch on Tuesday.

A sampling of the voicemails, shared with NBC News, revealed profanity laced tirades that include threats against Scott's life as well as references to Confederate flags and the KKK. One caller labeled Scott an "Uncle Tom," and another said he’s going to die because he’s a Black man in the South.

After hearing the messages, Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa tweeted his reaction in shorthand, saying, “We ALL hv a responsibility to b kind even when we disagree!”

Scott’s Senate office has turned over all threatening emails and voicemails to the U.S. Capitol Police. At least two of his colleagues have suggested he receive security, which is an option currently being considered, a Scott spokesman said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-tim-scott-shares-threatening-141500153.html

Anyone care to take a guess as to who the DUpipo think are making the threats? Calling Tim Scott an "Uncle Tom?" Telling him he's going to be kiled because he's a Black man from the South?

Star Member Dan (1,846 posts)

1. Hey, he is part of the GOP, these are his voters...

Star Member LonePirate (10,598 posts)

3. That's how the GOP base communicate nowadays due to the Racist in Chief.

Scott should know by now that racists are in charge of his party and are responsible for the lion's share of the party's votes nowadays.

Star Member MagickMuffin (10,103 posts)

8. Sen. Tim Scott while I don't agree with this, THIS IS YOUR BASE YOUR PARTY

It's who they are, as if you didn't know that.

They are wrong. These threats are coming from the Dem base because Senator Scott is "off the plantation."

BTW, if you haven't listed to Sen. Scott's impassioned speech yesterday after the failure of his bill, you really should. Everyone should hear it. Here's a link: https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/06/25/there-is-danger-coming-tim-scott-masterfully-and-mercilessly-takes-dems-apart-for-police-reform-snub-938852?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spot_im_redirect_source=pitc&spot_im_comment_id=sp_kA65CpOD_938890_c_W3nY20&spot_im_highlight_immediate=1

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Sen. Tim Scott shares threatening, racist voicemails he's received
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 02:25:44 PM »
The DUmmies love the idea of black conservatives because it gives them a free pass to be as racist as f*** and not get called on it by other DUmmies.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 02:53:26 PM »
Adapting something I posted on CU, President Trump has appointed men and women of multiple ethnic minorities to his cabinet and therefore the Presidential line of succession (except for Elaine Chao, who is a naturalized citizen born in Taiwan). President Trump has also appointed quite a few men and women of multiple ethnic minorities to the judiciary (including Neomi Rao, who wrote the Appeals Court decision in the Flynn case). IOW, where Federal employment is concerned, Donald Trump has been the reverse of Woodrow Wilson's ethnic purge! What are the odds I'd find DU-posts denigrating Ben Carson or Elaine Chao or Nikki Hailey were I able to search DU?

In Senator Scott's case, Dems didn't elect him Senator, Rs did. So those threats and racist emails are coming from the crazies-corner of the Dem Party base, not the R base. Further, what are the odds that one or more of the racist threats came from Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin or Star Member Dan or Star Member LonePirate or Star Member MagickMuffin?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 04:00:10 PM »
Chuck Schumer, the DEMOCRAT senator from New York called Sen. Tim Scott's bill a TOKEN attempt at a bill.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »
Chuck Schumer, the DEMOCRAT senator from New York called Sen. Tim Scott's bill a TOKEN attempt at a bill.

Actually it was Dirty Dickhead Durbin
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 06:53:01 PM »
One caller labeled Scott an "Uncle Tom,"

That's not our people DUmmy, that's yours.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 07:04:06 PM »
Actually it was Dirty Dickhead Durbin

:thatsright: I should have remembered that. Dickless Durbin is the senator I never vote for.