Author Topic: Heel pain  (Read 9325 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: Heel pain
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »
Just got the surgery in late Sep, already cleared to run (on a treadmill) and jump out of perfectly good airplanes.
Was your spur on the back of your heel or bottom of your heel? Mine is on the back.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »
Was your spur on the back of your heel or bottom of your heel? Mine is on the back.

On the back. The Achilles tendon was becoming calcified from the insertion point up toward the muscle.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
Ok weird, yesterday it felt about 80% better then it started hurting after I was on it for quite awhile. Today I can actually walk normally and walk pretty fast. I'm afraid to actually say it is better but it really feels a ton better. Does it happen like that?  One day I can't walk then within two days I feel like I could walk around the mall or something with out pain.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 07:51:58 AM »
Does heel pain just disappear?  I went from hardly able to walk to walking around the mall yesterday without any pain at all. It could be the methotrexate kicking in but it is like night and day and seemingly went away overnight.

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 07:55:56 AM »
On the back. The Achilles tendon was becoming calcified from the insertion point up toward the muscle.
Ah shit!  :banghead:

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »
Does heel pain just disappear?  I went from hardly able to walk to walking around the mall yesterday without any pain at all. It could be the methotrexate kicking in but it is like night and day and seemingly went away overnight.
Mine has a tendency to come and go within the span of a day.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »
So I have been miserable with the heel pain. Went online and ordered a bunch of different do dads that are supposed to help. While on this one site for HTP Heel "seats" I watch a video of how to tape your foot for plantar fasciitis. Got out some stretchable tape stuff and taped my foot...OMG I could friggen walk. It's a miracle.
Do you have a link for the video? One of my friend's has plantar fasciitis and could benefit from the video.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 02:26:48 AM »
Any type of foot pain sucks.

Sorry :)

My doctor hooked me up with a thing for my foot that gently stretched tendons so it did not hurt so much first thing in the morning, or when I had to wake up and piss really bad... :rotf:

Between the night brace, and a very inexpensive orthotic insert, not many issues now. It takes a few weeks to heal, that is the part that sucks.

I get it every few years. I'm on my feet a lot at work, that does not help.