Author Topic: Update on me for those who want to know  (Read 2281 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Update on me for those who want to know
« on: October 04, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »
I went to the neurologist and rheumatologist last week and saw my eye doctor today. My rheum put me on 40 mg of prednisone until he got my blood work back and my neurologist ordered an MRI that I haven't had yet to check out my brain, the pulse I have going on in my right eye and my arteries in my neck. 

My blood results came back (a few are still processing), I had the regular bloodwork and then tests on the general markers for auto immune disease that came back normal. They are waiting for more specific tests like lupus and other AI diseases to come back. I get to cut the prednisone to 20mg until I see him on the 13th.

Now my eyes. I have no inflammation in my left eye and my right eye only has a trace amount.  The shot in my eye really knocked it out. I get to stop the dilating drops, get to stop the steroid drop in my left eye and go down to every three hours in my right (down from every hour).  I see him in three weeks.

All in all I am really pleased. :)

On another thing that made me happy today is that after they put dilating drops in your eyes you have to go to the dilating room to wait for your eyes to dilate. There were 4 older people sitting in the room and when I walked in one lady said, "Oh to be young, tall, thin  and pretty again".  I said I'm not young, smiled and said it must be because her eyes are dilated and blurry. The guy across from me asked me how old I was. I told him 44, he goes...that's nothin' I'm 88.  We all chatted about our ills and I immediately felt old because I had as many things wrong with me as they did. It was fun though chatting with them. The 88 year old told me he was in the Navy. Of course I thanked him for his service.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
Re: Update on me for those who want to know
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
I'm so glad your tests turned out and you are doing better. And as far as age,your age is how you feel in your heart.And the way you look, you must feel pretty young. You do seem to take care of your self.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:04:59 PM »
They called yesterday to schedule my MRI. They have to know the type, manufacturer and placement of my stints before they will schedule my MRI. I have never had to give that info before and I don't have it. They were placed back in 1997, I have had many MRI/MRA's since having my stints. This is a PITA. I called my neurologist in Dallas but my file is in storage so I don't know how long it will take them to get the info.

My neurologist was the one who ordered that I have stints, an interventional radiologist placed the stints at Baylor Dallas. I know that the IR is no longer at Baylor (he is actually a pretty famous interventional radiologist). I wonder if the hospital would have the info?!?

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:39:24 AM »
The hospital should have those records.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson