Author Topic: Product tip on toothache pain relievers...  (Read 4358 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Product tip on toothache pain relievers...
« on: April 06, 2010, 12:50:41 AM »
So today I suddenly started having a toothache.  I thought it was the tooth that I had brushed so hard that my gum has receided.  My dentist had done some sort of filling over the exposed part of my tooth.  I thought it had fallen off, it was the feeling you get wen you breathe in and air passes over a sensitive tooth.  It started out annoying and by this evening it hurt rather badly.

My wonderful husband went to CVS and got me some toothache pain relievers.  Three different ones.  While trying to figure out just the right area to put it on I decided it wasn't that tooth but the one next to do.  It had a huge filling in it from when I was a child and the dentist (Not this one) took the filling out and did some sort of veneer or something. I am almost positive that is the tooth.

I first tried RED CROSS Toothache pain relief.  I plan on calling the dentist in the morning but in the meantime would have sold my body for pain relief.  I have left over vicodin, took two and they didn't touch the pain.  The Red Cross stuff worked. So the next time you have a toothache and can't get to the dentist, quick go get yourself some Red Cross.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:55:04 AM by BEG »

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
Re: Product tip on toothache pain relievers...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:44:31 AM »
Thank you for the tip will remember it
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:39:53 AM »
Your in Cali,
There's a quack that will prescribe pot for that.

heh

:p

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:44:16 AM »
Next time, try lots of booze.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
Next time, try lots of booze.

With the added benefit of sterilization.  :-)
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »
With the added benefit of sterilization.  :-)

I "hear" vodka is best. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 09:28:22 AM »
I "hear" vodka is best. 

I'm willing to test the hypothesis personally. In the name of science, you know...
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:57 AM »
I'm willing to test the hypothesis personally. In the name of science, you know...

You might be able to do a paper on it for school.  I did a business case study of Seagrams when I was in college.   :-)

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
I called this morning, she isn't in today.   :(  I have an appointment tomorrow at 11:30....or is it 10:30?  I'll have to call back and check.  The Red Cross tooth stuff does work.  It has cloves in it (Eugenol) so it will burn your lips if you get it on them.  It also tastes really bad but it works so I'm going to continue to use it.

I can't believe how quick the pain started.  Yesterday afternoon it started feeling sensitive to cold/air and then by yesterday night all I could think of was my tooth.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
I consider toothaches to be the worst type of pain.  Hope you feel better.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 11:58:51 AM »
OK today it doesn't hurt.  Figures, the day I go to the dentist the pain is gone.   :whatever:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »
I so was born with shitty teeth.  It was a tooth that already has a crown and the tooth next to it (the one I thought it was).  The one with the crown was not seated correctly, which she told me on my first visit and I have been aware of for a long time because I get food caught between that tooth and another tooth every time I eat.  I should send the bill to my previous dentist. 

She had to clean it out so she gave me shots in my gums and the roof of my mouth, it didn't hurt.  Then she got in there and started digging.  I know it would have hurt if she hadn't numbed the area.  After she cleaned the area she irrigated it with an antibiotic solution, called in some antibiotics and told me to come back next week for a recheck.  She is going to replace the crown and possibly do a root canal on the other tooth.  If I don't need a root canal on the other tooth she will just do a crown.  My dental insurance wont cover the new crown on the tooth that already had a crown, I have had it less than 8 years and they have to be older than 8 years for insurance to cover it.  I do get the price that the insurance pays though.  The other tooth will be covered. 

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »
That sounds exactly like every trip I ever have to the dentist. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »
Plain clove oil works best and is also an anti-septic. I have a tooth where the filling has fallen out and it got really bad. I soaked a small piece of tissue in the clove oil and packed it up in the recess. A few minutes later, the pain was gone. I had to do that for a couple or three days and it's been gone for weeks, now. The worst part is the taste.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 12:46:41 PM »
I so was born with shitty teeth.  It was a tooth that already has a crown and the tooth next to it (the one I thought it was).  The one with the crown was not seated correctly, which she told me on my first visit and I have been aware of for a long time because I get food caught between that tooth and another tooth every time I eat.  I should send the bill to my previous dentist. 

She had to clean it out so she gave me shots in my gums and the roof of my mouth, it didn't hurt.  Then she got in there and started digging.  I know it would have hurt if she hadn't numbed the area.  After she cleaned the area she irrigated it with an antibiotic solution, called in some antibiotics and told me to come back next week for a recheck.  She is going to replace the crown and possibly do a root canal on the other tooth.  If I don't need a root canal on the other tooth she will just do a crown.  My dental insurance wont cover the new crown on the tooth that already had a crown, I have had it less than 8 years and they have to be older than 8 years for insurance to cover it.  I do get the price that the insurance pays though.  The other tooth will be covered. 

OH BEG, a tooth problem is nothing to fool with. 

I have no idea why dental care is not covered the same as medical care on insurance---

Gum disease can go into ones heart and other internal organs as will the poison from an abscessed tooth.

Patients that have a tooth removed and get a   [dry socket  ]   say this is the worse pain they have ever had in their life, worse then 3rd degree burns.

I have 2 kids that inherited their dads family's teeth.   Both were born with problems and cost us a fortune trying to have fixed.  Actually it was their gums as I know now but at the time the kids were getting root canals on 2 year old permanent teeth.  These kids needed a medical doctor not a dentist.

Today we know more via the internet and can now look back 30 years and say  " AHA, so that is why".

This can be very difficult for parents to tell a dentist to pull any infected teeth in a preteen.  The alternatives are to do root channel or what ever.  However the gums will still stay infected and the poison will still be draining into the body even with no pain.