Author Topic: My Brother Sucks on all Counts!!!  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Karin

My Brother Sucks on all Counts!!!
« on: November 15, 2018, 06:07:18 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211434131

Long rant with lots of !!!!!!

samplegirl (6,409 posts)

Ok my blood is boiling today!!!

Last edited Thu Nov 15, 2018, 01:50 PM - Edit history (2)

I got a very unpleasant phone call today from my brother who was a former union rep. Now retired from his steel company sold off to Bain capital and voted for Trump. We have been at each other’s throats since his vote for trump. I post things to Facebook and I use both my maiden name and married name on it. My brother is retired and has enough money to live comfortable. Somewhere around 4,000.00’a month income not counting his bank accounts and stocks and such!

Today he asked me to not use my maiden name on Facebook as people ask him about my posts. He goes to Florida all winter his income allows him the pleasure to leave the snow! I went crazy and told him I’m not dropping my maiden name...as I’m proud of being democrat, my posts, and that my mother and father would be proud of me for defending what they taught and believed in. I wonder what his union brothers would think of him? He hates all my posts...and is embarrassed of me using his last name! I told him he’ll no I won’t drop my maiden name or my core beliefs that he somehow forgot!
I can’t help it that his friends are Republicans!

I lost my job, my husband lost his job and we both had to take lower paying jobs and my husband is still paying on a student loan in order to have his mediocre job for way less pay. We lost almost all of our 401k during the Bush years as we were unable to roll ours over as he did during that time. We are both 61 years old and struggle with arthritis because neither of us ever had easy jobs. He on the other hand sat in a crane all day with a good union job. My husband needs knee replacements in both knees and and is still in the weather all day on his feet but this time works for the state a union job just way less pay as he’s only been at it 6 years. I’m mopping floors and cleaning government subsidized housing and the mop weighs more than me!

Hell no Im not going to drop my my maiden name because I embarass his trump supporting umbrella drinking buddies! I hate trump and everything the Republican Party stands for and my Dad taught me from a young age about my vote! Part of him lives on from me!!! My brother is a widower and he can’t live long enough to spend all his money. Maybe he finds delight in watching us struggle. We have never been without work but once in our lives. I was out of work at age20 when I nearly lost my life do to Guillain Barre and collect SS disability for a year or two afterward. So I’ve never really been pain free! We have 5 1/2 more years to go before we can retire.

We have a nice home and much to be thankful for but sadly I can’t have him at my table ever again! Thanksgiving will never be the same!! But asking me to drop my maiden name was truly the last straw! He can go to Flordia in December and stay there with his trumper friends live at his sons house where he fits in.... but for now he lives in Ohio just like me and he’s going to have to deal with the thorn in his side which happens to be his baby sister who is 9 years younger than him and a whole lot smarter! He can’t seem to figure out he’s in the minority!

My parents are turning in ther graves! His last comment was he’s surprised my husband puts up with this. All the money in the world can’t replace morals. He sucks on all counts! Thanks for letting me vent! Can’t take the Blue out of this Ohio girl! Swanson makes a good turkey dinner!

Response to brewens (Reply #7)Thu Nov 15, 2018, 01:46 PM
samplegirl (6,409 posts)

13. He hated Obama

I never told him to change his name! Although I wanted to yank his plate from underneath him at my dining room table and throw the cranberry sauce in his face and tell him I hate cranberry sauce as much as his vile words!
  :lmao:
samplegirl (6,409 posts)

28. Thank you

I never post on his wall he told me I was ****ing crazy one time! He can block my posts if he don’t want to read them it’s just that simple!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: My Brother Sucks on all Counts!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »
He succeeded in life and they failed (61 and owes on a student loan),it happens.
Life is never fair but is mostly what one makes of it.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 06:36:17 PM »
Someone is very unhappy for sure.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
samplegirl (6,409 posts)

I got a very unpleasant phone call today from my brother who was a former union rep. Now retired from his steel company sold off to Bain capital and voted for Trump. We have been at each other’s throats since his vote for trump. I post things to Facebook and I use both my maiden name and married name on it. My brother is retired and has enough money to live comfortable. Somewhere around 4,000.00’a month income not counting his bank accounts and stocks and such!

Today he asked me to not use my maiden name on Facebook as people ask him about my posts.

What is the point of mentioning Bain Capital? Invoking a bogeyman for virtue-signalling?

Somehow I suspect the hostility was and is initiated by samplegirl.

The part about the :bouncy: about samplegirl's use of her maiden name I find less than credible, at best. It is VERY common for married women on FB to include their maiden names in their FB name so that friends who do not know/remember their married names can find them. This is common knowledge.

I lost my job, my husband lost his job and we both had to take lower paying jobs and my husband is still paying on a student loan in order to have his mediocre job for way less pay. We lost almost all of our 401k during the Bush years as we were unable to roll ours over as he did during that time. We are both 61 years old and struggle with arthritis because neither of us ever had easy jobs.

If this supposedly happened in the 2000-2002 time frame, welcome to the club. I was laid off in late 2001, and was searching for work, actively but unsuccessfully, for over 8 months. My new job was a little better than survival-job grade, and because of how wages get set when one starts a new job, it was 2 jobs and over 10 years later that my wages were back up to what I had been paid in 2001. As for their 401K, I find the :bouncy: dubious. What probably happened is that they decided to make withdrawals to sustain their lifestyle. That entails substantial penalties, and apparently they went through the $$ they had saved. Maybe they were at desperation station and it was truly necessary. But that isn't Bush's fault. It sounds more like they made education decisions that limited their career paths.

FWIW, I'm a few years older than them, and I also experience the physical consequences of my own choices through the decades. I don't blame my career and physical woes on Clinton, Bush, or Obama, because they are the results, good and bad, of my choices.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
It's not exactly rocket science to roll a 401k into a traditional IRA. Money was probably squandered on political gifts, booze and hookers.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »
Sounds fishy. I’m not on Facebook, but I understood it to be that one could defriend people and/or block them and they not be viewable on your page. I have to believe that would have been what the brother would have done in this case.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 05:49:05 AM »
The story makes a good case for being a Conservative. She has lived her liberal values and now has next to nothing. Her brother woke up and read the writing on the wall and is doing ok. Bad choices lead to bitter results.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 06:52:28 AM »
Sounds like it sucks being you. You should have asked your successful brother for advice long ago. now you are jealous and hate him.

You are a loser!!  :loser: :loser: :loser:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 07:22:51 AM »
Sounds like it sucks being you. You should have asked your successful brother for advice long ago. now you are jealous and hate him.

You are a loser!!  :loser: :loser: :loser:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ditto.

LOSER must be a prerequisite to being a democrat.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 08:03:48 AM »
We have a nice home and much to be thankful for but sadly I can’t have him at my table ever again!

Sounds like there isn't gonna be jack shit to eat anyway.

:tongue:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 11:01:25 AM »
Sounds fishy. I’m not on Facebook, but I understood it to be that one could defriend people and/or block them and they not be viewable on your page. ...

Yes and yes. I've been unFriended by a few - Progs - and I have a few that I've excluded from my News Feed. Both are easily done, though I've never unFriended anyone. The latter are a couple of conservative dudes who spam Troll Stories (fake stories trolling conservatives), a relative who has no filter when it comes to personal drama, and a relative who spams invites to play FB games.

I find samplegirl's claim implausible for the reason I explained above. I think it's either entirely false, or thoroughly misrepresents what actually happened - e.g. leaving out key information about what led to the incident she claims.

I lost my job, my husband lost his job and we both had to take lower paying jobs and my husband is still paying on a student loan in order to have his mediocre job for way less pay. We lost almost all of our 401k during the Bush years as we were unable to roll ours over as he did during that time. We are both 61 years old and struggle with arthritis because neither of us ever had easy jobs. He on the other hand sat in a crane all day with a good union job.

Translation: Her brother acquired a skill and gained the respect of his coworkers. And samplegirl resents and envies him. I'm going to speculate that her brother also helped samplegirl & samplehubby, for which samplegirl resents her brother all the more (humans tend to be irrational in this way).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 01:20:45 PM »
samplegirl (6,409 posts)

OK I guess we can narrow this down a little bit, this DUmmies brother does not live in Massachusetts , California, Connecticut or Hawaii.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 08:52:40 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211434131

Long rant with lots of !!!!!!
  :lmao:

You weren't kidding about there being lots of exclamation points.  I searched the thread for exclamation points with the find function and it said that there were 171 of them. 
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
...  for now he lives in Ohio just like me ...

My parents are turning in ther graves! ...

Both apparently live in Ohio. My Mom was a registered D all her life, AFAIK. But I doubt she was happy with the direction the D Party was taking in the 80s and first half of the 90s (she died later in the 90s). So I wonder whether samplegirlvictim's parents would be "turning in ther graves" over her older brother or over what the D Party has made itself.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 10:16:56 AM »
My parents are turning in their graves!

Snowflake....if your parents are turning in their graves, it's not because of their son and your brother. They're looking down from heaven and smiling with pride at the successful life your brother has built for himself that allows him to live the lifestyle he has now. If they're turning in their graves it's because of their daughter becoming a hate filled, jealous, bitter failure because of the life choices she has made to this point.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »
samplegirl (6,409 posts)

I lost my job, my husband lost his job and we both had to take lower paying jobs and my husband is still paying on a student loan in order to have his mediocre job for way less pay. We lost almost all of our 401k during the Bush years as we were unable to roll ours over as he did during that time. We are both 61 years old and struggle with arthritis because neither of us ever had easy jobs.
Buying lottery tickets would have been a better investment.  :rotf:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 10:59:27 AM »
samplegirl (6,409 posts)

... my husband is still paying on a student loan ... We are both 61 years old

I'm a few years older than these two (less than 5 years' difference, FWIW). I had a student loan when I was in college in the '70s. And it was paid off during Carter's Presidency. So WTH did samplegirl's hubby do? Not pay it off in the 70s/80s? Get a less than useful degree later in life?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 06:36:49 AM »
I'm a few years older than these two (less than 5 years' difference, FWIW). I had a student loan when I was in college in the '70s. And it was paid off during Carter's Presidency. So WTH did samplegirl's hubby do? Not pay it off in the 70s/80s? Get a less than useful degree later in life?

More power to anyone who pursues a degree in their interests at any age...as long as paying for it isn't a problem.  If you can't pay for it and you aren't being forced to do it by changing requirements in your profession, THEN you're just being a moron.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 07:52:20 AM »
"If" sometimes is the biggest word in the English language.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 03:30:44 PM »
well, I can't find anything about this on FB, but old Betts here is still showing up on the brother's FB friends list:

https://www.facebook.com/terry.thorpe.75

her story checks out - here is an article about the nephew that went to Florida but still had a thing for Ohio:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/sep/18/man-salvages-pieces-of-valley-legacy-of-/

the brother was probably headed there anyways. Bett's maiden name is not that uncommon but the husband needs to update his linkedin profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/craig-adgate-218a0054

looks like he's working for Trumbill County: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D04/Newsletter/Trumbull%20County.pdf

::)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
Okay, but does he have a sister that believes in the the suction that can cure many undelivered loads of fun?