Author Topic: the 419 in my inbox  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
the 419 in my inbox
« on: January 06, 2008, 05:20:20 AM »
Advanced Management Associates
Phone: +44-203-031-1084
Fax: +44-203-031-1084
http://advassociates.com
33 St James’s Square, London SW1Y 4JS, UK

Hello,

My name is Mr. Chris Myers and I work as the chief of recruiting department at Advanced Management Associates. I'm happy to tell you that we have the vacancy of Financial Reporting Manager available for you.

We began our work back in 1992 and ever since maximum efficiency and absolute satisfaction of our customers have been among our top priorities.

Advanced Management Associates is an investment Company which has interests in USA, Canada, Australia and European countries. Advanced Management Associates offers alternative and fast investment opportunities to independent investors all over the world. 

We are happy to inform you that at the moment we have one vacancy available:

Financial Reporting Manager.

The global network of our Financial Reporting Managers ensures that the highest level of our services and operations is guaranteed to our customers in every region of the world. Our highly trained brokers and accountants work 24/7 to monitor the Commodity markets. 

Financial Reporting Manager responsibilities include:
- Holding accounts with certain banks or payment systems;
- Reception and processing of payments;
- Creating reports;
- Providing support to our customers;
- Following the instructions of the Company.

Working process:
You process the transfers from our customers with wire transfers, checks, money orders or any other express payment system like Money Gram, Travelex and etc. All transfers to your bank account are made by USA/North American and sometimes European investors (our business associates). Initially the transfer method is always chosen by our customer.

Payment:
Your basic salary equals the amount of $2,750 (payment method: wire transfer, direct deposit or cashier check in the end of every working month) + commission. Financial Reporting Manager’s commission depends on the total amount of the payment orders processed.
In the beginning your commission equals 2% from the total payment order amount. It is possible to raise your commission percentage up to 3% if you prove to perform the job promptly, with no delays and, what matters the most, with outstanding efforts.

If you are interested in this vacancy, please respond as soon as possible. As soon as we hear back from you, we will send you all further details regarding the vacancy available at the moment.

Please reply ONLY to our e-mail:  cmyers.hdama@gmail.com

We look forward to hearing from you soon

Thank You for Your time and for your attention

New Year begins with excellent vacancy from Advanced Management Associates!
Yours faithfully,
Chris Myers
Hiring Department of Advanced Management Associates

Usually these scam artists say you won some obscure lottery and they need your personal information to get you your winnings.  This style scam is a new to me.  I've got a job offer!  Am I impressed?  Hardly.   :thatsright:

Sorry Mr. Myers!  Your email just doesn't pass the scratch and sniff test!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

Re: the 419 in my inbox
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 05:33:47 AM »
What makes you suspicious? I mean gmail as the return addy ONLY. Nothing suspicious about that :-)

Actually when I was job hunting, I would get PHONE CALLS to sites that urged me to fill out an application for a position. These folks would even set sites up to make it look legit. Being that I am suspicious by nature I googled it and double googled it and sure enough it was a scam to try and get address and phone number information on individuals.  :loser: What's sad is people who aren't as suspicious probably go ahead and fill out the app.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 06:20:41 AM »
The red flags start right at the top, even before the salutation.  "Mr. Myers" offers me phone and fax numbers but later, in all CAPS, tells me only to respond to an email addy.  He then offers a link to his company that does not work. 

His salutation does not greet me by name.  Surely if you are interested in hiring me you would know my name !?! 

Moving right along, notice his command of the English language?  Granted you'll notice that even online, I have a southern accent.  In RL I'm no hick but then again I'm no franksolich either.  Anyway, phrases like "I work as the chief of recruiting department at Advanced Management Associates" and the entire second paragraph send up flares to me.

He informs me that he is part of a global investment company and right now they have 1 opening, he doesn't know my name, but by damn I just might have the job!

THEN we move on to payment!  The bottom line!  Read this part VERY carefully.

You process the transfers from our customers with wire transfers, checks, money orders or any other express payment system like Money Gram, Travelex and etc. All transfers to your bank account are made by USA/North American and sometimes European investors (our business associates). Initially the transfer method is always chosen by our customer.

He proceeds to explain how much I will be paid but by this time my BS meter is in the red zone and I just glance over it thinking how I'll post this on CC.

All of this is followed up with more bad verbiage and some minor lack of punctuation.  To this scam artist credit there are no misspelled words which leads me to believe that this was once part of some company's form letter and "Mr. Myers" is plagiarizing it. 

More on 419's here:  http://www.419eater.com/

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 07:10:09 AM »

He informs me that he is part of a global investment company and right now they have 1 opening, he doesn't know my name, but by damn I just might have the job!

I know isn't that hilarious? This one in particular is a riot to me because I know what goes into wire transfers for 'global investment companies' and the employees that can process them are thoroughly scrutinized. It is just too funny for words these things, but they hope, don't they, that some poor sucker will fall for it. And the errors and the 'super secret squirrel' email address.  :lmao:

That site is hilarious. If it's the one I think don't they provoke the scammers to send them pictures of themselves?  :lmao: