Author Topic: If teacher must have a college degree,  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
If teacher must have a college degree,
« on: April 16, 2021, 07:46:52 AM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100215341513

multigraincracker
If teacher must have a college degree,

so should cops. Teacher, almost always, need a Masters to get a promotion, so should cops. Teachers need to make as much as cops too. Seems teachers need to buy there own supplies, so should cops. If POAs are exempt from Right to Work Laws, so should teacher unions.

Cops have a hard time writing reports, teacher don't.

KPN
1. Can't do that. With that much education, too much risk they'd be
liberal.

I’m not even going to comment on this, I think it speaks for itself.  :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: If teacher must have a college degree,
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 09:18:02 AM »
EKU has a huge nationally renowned criminal justice department. Going by what I know about the usefulness of degrees and politics, its probably one of the few conservative departments on campus
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 09:32:43 AM »
Current teacher here.  When there are shortages of teachers, states find ways around those degrees.  I have a bachelor's and a master's, and neither are in education.  When I decided to make the jump, it was through a alternate certification program, which I have heard since then referred to as "certification mills".  My wife, also a teacher, works with others who have come through such programs and gripes about how little they get about actual teaching from the programs.

So, go ahead, short sighted mulitgraincracker (is that a racist username, BTW?) set educational requirements for a job that people aren't going to anyway because of low pay, long hours, massive lack of respect, frequent harassment and sometimes assault, and watch the high quality applicants line up  :thatsright:

Or maybe stop lumping all cops into the same negative group, treat them as individuals, not a collective, encourage the good ones, work to weed out the bad ones, stop teaching specific groups of people that cops are their enemy, out to get them, and to make every encounter with police a hostile one.  Just a thought. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 09:34:27 AM »
Well now

samplegirl
13. Cops need to put their
political beliefs completely aside which is impossible.

Now do journalism.

As an aside, the thread has grown a little. What most of them fail to realize is that most state cops need at least a bachelors degree. I don’t understand why, but there it is.

The DUmmies seem to always mistake education for intelligence and therein lies the problem.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 09:54:46 AM »
Hey, multigraincracker...  Who's 'Teacher'? 

Is that like the Shaw Brothers kung-fu hero from the 70's ?   

Put a lower-case 's' after the noun once in a while, so we can interpret what you're trying to spew.  Easy to guess you never paid attention to your teachers.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 10:43:28 AM »
Hey, multigraincracker...  Who's 'Teacher'? 

Is that like the Shaw Brothers kung-fu hero from the 70's ?   

Put a lower-case 's' after the noun once in a while, so we can interpret what you're trying to spew.  Easy to guess you never paid attention to your teachers.

Upon reading that DUmmy word salad, my first thought was from "Blazing Saddles":

Mongo, just pawn in the game of life.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 10:45:12 AM »
Well now

Now do journalism.

As an aside, the thread has grown a little. What most of them fail to realize is that most state cops need at least a bachelors degree. I don’t understand why, but there it is.

The DUmmies seem to always mistake education for intelligence and therein lies the problem.

KC

Considering most liberals get advanced degrees in worthless fields of academia that don't translate to real life, I never put much stock in their assertions about "education" levels.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 10:46:49 AM »
Ummm... maybe being a teacher has more stringent education requirements because... their job is education? Just a thought.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 11:08:59 AM »
Ummm... maybe being a teacher has more stringent education requirements because... their job is education? Just a thought.

There's no apples-rutabagas comparison DUpipo won't make when their ideology demands it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
Teachers need to make as much as cops too

If you factor in actual hours worked I would say they make a lot more.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 02:48:56 PM »

Tell teachers they need to learn to fire a weapon accurately, keep physically fit all the time, memorize and apply hundreds (if not thousands) of laws, learn situational awareness, ALWAYS be completely professional in appearance and demeanor, WHILE earning that master's degree.

These fools have no idea what it takes to be a cop.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 04:45:57 PM »
PUBLIC school teachers must have a degree. It's part of how they maintain their monopoly. No poor people allowed.

Private/home schools do not have this requirement (and judging by the aptitude scores, it's not needed).
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 07:49:26 AM »
PUBLIC school teachers must have a degree. It's part of how they maintain their monopoly. No poor people allowed.

Private/home schools do not have this requirement (and judging by the aptitude scores, it's not needed).
My home schooled children are over a year ahead of their public counterparts because of the covid vacation. Mine kept plugging away at their studies and have at least a year of extra earning potential ahead of them
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2021, 09:44:53 AM »

Private schools can set their own standards for teachers. So some require degrees and many do not. As you said, the outcomes of the three "systems" indicate that the linkage between requiring an Ed degree and quality teaching is somewhere between weak and negative.

My home schooled children are over a year ahead of their public counterparts because of the covid vacation. Mine kept plugging away at their studies and have at least a year of extra earning potential ahead of them

Homeschooling families' "method" vary considerably, but whether school-at-home-ers or unschoolers, parents have the flexibility to let their kids jump years ahead in subjects they love (e.g. my 12YO reading The Idiot while at basketball camp) and to slow down and cover more thoroughly in subjects they find difficult. Classroom-based schools are one-size-fits-most, with very limited flexibility for working with struggling or bored unchallenged students.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2021, 02:58:32 PM »
There's no apples-rutabagas comparison DUpipo won't make when their ideology demands it.
It almost seems to me like they're saying "if I have to suffer, so should others", which is a very democrat thing to think. "If my state has to be locked down, so should yours!"

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 06:32:33 PM »
It almost seems to me like they're saying "if I have to suffer, so should others", which is a very democrat thing to think. "If my state has to be locked down, so should yours!"

The left loves shared misery
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 10:29:36 PM »
The left loves shared misery

That's the very reason for the foundation of The DUmp. So they could be miserable together after Bush won. Twenty years later and they're all still miserable.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 06:15:37 AM »

My mother was a music teacher, no degree though she had studied at the Royal Academy of Music, certainly no teaching qualification. She worked in the private sector for precisely that reason - she took choirs to national level competitions, and got near perfect reports from teaching inspectors...

A degree simply indicates that a person has passed the requirements of the degree, not that a person is able to do a particular job very well.