Author Topic: WOW! FEMA Is Paying a $9000 Funeral and Burial Grant to  (Read 435 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
WOW! FEMA Is Paying a $9000 Funeral and Burial Grant to
« on: April 14, 2021, 04:22:03 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215336410

MineralMan (137,397 posts)

families of COVID-19 victims who died of the disease:

Here's a link to the FEMA page that tells how to apply:

https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance#apply

You call them at a dedicated toll-free number and they send you an application. The person must have died of COVID-19, as reflected on their death certificate.

The application must be accompanied by the death certificate, receipts or contracts from the funeral home and cemetery, along with information on funds you have received from other agencies or insurance.

Payment is by check or direct deposit. If you shared expenses with some other family members, you'll have to split it up on your own with that member or members. They only pay out once.

The phone line opened just this Monday, so the phone line is overwhelmed, but there is no deadline, and no limit to the number of grants to be paid out.

This is pretty huge, really. I'll be calling them at the end of the week or next week. My father's death certificate has COVID-19 as the cause of death. I have all of the required documents on hand. I've been storing everything carefully.

I know MM has posted that both of his parents recently passed and very close together.  I'm truly sorry for his loss.

Here's where I have an issue.  He's made several comments about the inheritance he's going to get that sounds as though it could be substantial.  Maybe he was blowing hot air, but if he's getting a substantial inheritance he shouldn't need, nor apply for, this money.

I thought these people were against passing along inheritances?  I guess unless it's going into their pockets, huh?  MM has made it sound like his parents owned some type of fruit farm.  Rather substantial, from what I read, or read into it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Mary Ann

Re: WOW! FEMA Is Paying a $9000 Funeral and Burial Grant to
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 05:09:53 PM »
You know, it's not like they weren't going to die of something sooner or later anyway. Whether Moses needed it or not, he had to have had an idea that there would be a couple of funerals on the horizon, and should have planned accordingly.

What if the deceased had insurance? Is this just another lottery winning for the survivors? This is just another way to redistribute wealth.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 05:43:06 PM »
Here's where I have an issue.  He's made several comments about the inheritance he's going to get that sounds as though it could be substantial.  Maybe he was blowing hot air, but if he's getting a substantial inheritance he shouldn't need, nor apply for, this money.

I thought these people were against passing along inheritances?  I guess unless it's going into their pockets, huh?  MM has made it sound like his parents owned some type of fruit farm.  Rather substantial, from what I read, or read into it.

Yeah, he bragged about it years ago.  Several hundred acres of prime rural California real estate dedicated to a massive citrus orchard.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 06:37:47 PM »
MineralMan (137,397 posts)

families of COVID-19 victims who died of the disease:

hey DUmbass, FEMA isn't paying $9,000 for funeral costs.  The American tax payer is being fleeced for the $9,000 when it should be china who is paying for the funeral costs and a $10 million death benefit to the survivors of anyone who died of the chi-vi.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020