Author Topic: Carlson: Maybe The COVID Vaccine "Doesn't Work"  (Read 694 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Carlson: Maybe The COVID Vaccine "Doesn't Work"
« on: April 14, 2021, 08:10:32 AM »
Hmmm . . . I saw the segment on Tucker last night, and figured it would show up on DU. The surprising thing seems to be that some of them may actually be starting to think for themselves. Frodo, anyway.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215334755
Star Member TexasTowelie (82,631 posts)

Carlson: Maybe The COVID Vaccine "Doesn't Work"

“Experts say it is not entirely clear when it will be considered okay for people who are fully vaccinated to stop wearing masks. At some point, no one is asking this but everyone should be, what is this about?

“If vaccines work, why are vaccinated people still banned from living normal lives? Honestly, what’s the answer to that, it doesn’t make any sense at all. If the vaccine is effective there’s no reason for people who’ve received a vaccine to wear masks or avoid physical contact.

“So maybe it doesn’t work and they’re simply not telling you that. Well you’d hate to think that especially if you’ve gotten two shots but what’s the other potential explanation? We can’t think of one.” – Tucker Carlson, last night.

Video at https://www.joemygod.com/2021/04/carlson-maybe-the-covid-vaccine-doesnt-work/
ExciteBike66 (1,836 posts)

14. Carlson is "just asking questions" saying "Maybe it doesn't work"...

The a**hat doesn't understand that the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting the virus, it just makes it so your body can fight it easier. You can still give the virus to others, which is why masks are still needed.

Anyone who has lived through the past several months and doesn't know that is either lying or incredibly stupid. Fauci has explained it in small words multiple times.
FBaggins (21,551 posts)

15. That does not appear to be correct

There are strong indications that once fully vaccinated (at least with the two that have been out long enough to evaluate) you are NOT likely to catch/transmit the virus.

The main problem with his stated opinion is that it’s too early to say that conclusively
Frodo appears a couple of times in this thread to be *gasp* the voice of reason to the DUpipo!

Some of them seem to be dancing awfully close to the line, in terms of questioning the dictates of Herr Doktor Fauci.
Star Member doc03 (27,369 posts)

7. To be honest I can't see why I can go in a

restaraunt and eat but have to eat in the parking lot at Wendys. I suppose there is some reason but I got my second shot a month ago. I guess we still have to go through this because of the idiots that won't get them will wear a mask and stop spreading the virus. The thing of it is the same people that refuse to wear a mask are the ones that won't take the shots either. The damn Republicans have made a virus into a political argument.
Whatever. It must be the fault of those rightwing anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers.
OneBro (907 posts)

16. Um, vaccinated and unvaccinated people look alike.

Qnuts are already proudly faking the proof-of-vaccination cards, so it would be impossible for restaurants and retailers to know who has actually been vaccinated. Qnuts who now refuse to wear a mask would swear they’ve been vaccinated then share some real knee slappers about how they’re owning the libs.

A customer saying “I’ve been vaccinated so I don’t need a mask” is the equivalent of a one-night-stand saying “I don’t have any STDs, so we don’t need a condom.”

Wear a f*cking mask.
RWers lie, you know.

Star Member jcgoldie (7,594 posts)

17. I can think of an explanation Tucker

You and all your dumbass audience won't get the shot or wear a mask or do anything else for the public good because you just dont GAF so if you tell people they don't have to wear masks in public you will have a large amount of inoculated people who have done the right thing mixed with a bunch of stupid fox watching rednecks passing the disease around because they still wont do what they should have done. Or perhaps we could require people to present some proof of having had the shots to dine in restaurants or get on airplanes... oh nevermind that wont ****ing work either because then we'd be liberal nazis taking away your freedumb or something...
I believe in personal choice. I have been vaccinated; my very liberal friend will not get the vaccine. I refuse to live my life as if I have to indulge her quirks. (She has been known to verbally assault unmasked people in the wine aisle at the grocery stores, so there's that. She also reports on FB when drives past unmasked people who are walking down the street--OUTSIDE.)

It might be interesting to watch and see where this thread goes.

Offline SVPete

Re: Carlson: Maybe The COVID Vaccine "Doesn't Work"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 08:23:28 AM »
Lying by omission, probably. Carlson was probably calling out CDC, et al (Fauci's a good serial-contradictorist, continually making contradictory proclamations in short succession) hypocrisy in urging people to get vaccinated but telling the vaccinated they shouldn't go without masks or into public places.

* I know "contradictorist" is a made up word. My attitude is that if I'm stuck with a weird hyper-hybridized language like English I'm going to have fun pretzellating it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 08:31:23 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 08:50:43 AM »
Why do DUmmies (and many others) pretend that contracting the ChiVi is an automatic death sentence? It's not. The mortality rate among healthy, non-obese people and especially young people is very low.

I'd rather risk getting a bad flu-like disease that I'll more than likely survive than be a guinea pig for a vaccine that has not been through long-term clinical trials.

I doubt any of the vaccines would kill me but I see no pressing need to get one either.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 08:52:47 AM by DUmpDiver »

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:17:48 AM »
A customer saying “I’ve been vaccinated so I don’t need a mask” is the equivalent of a one-night-stand saying “I don’t have any STDs, so we don’t need a condom.”

🧐

(CNN) —  Starting January 1 [2018], it will no longer be a felony in California to knowingly expose a sexual partner to HIV with the intent of transmitting the virus. Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation Friday that lowers the offense to a misdemeanor.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/07/health/california-hiv-bill-signed/index.html
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 09:36:24 AM »
And again I will ask the idiots over at DU...what if you've already had it and recovered?  You have at least as much if not more immunity than any provided by the vaccine.  Should you get a brand on your cheek saying "I had COVID and lived"?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 09:38:01 AM »
The damn Republicans have made a virus into a political argument.

boy, that's rich coming from someone who worships the party who used the chi-vi to steal the 2020 election and continue to use it as an excuse to bleed America dry with endless bribes stimulus checks to the American voters.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:00 AM »
boy, that's rich coming from someone who worships the party who used the chi-vi to steal the 2020 election and continue to use it as an excuse to bleed America dry with endless bribes stimulus checks to the American voters.

Equally rich coming from a group who politicizes every freaking aspect of life.  Make anything and everything a political issue, put the conservatives on defense, and then complain about us making fill in the blank a political argument when presenting that defense. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »
And again I will ask the idiots over at DU...what if you've already had it and recovered?  You have at least as much if not more immunity than any provided by the vaccine.  Should you get a brand on your cheek saying "I had COVID and lived"?

DU-grade Proggies think that over 50% of Covid cases result in hospitalizations and probably also think that recovered people are too few to matter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 10:48:57 AM »
Lying by omission, probably. Carlson was probably calling out CDC, et al (Fauci's a good serial-contradictorist, continually making contradictory proclamations in short succession) hypocrisy in urging people to get vaccinated but telling the vaccinated they shouldn't go without masks or into public places.

* I know "contradictorist" is a made up word. My attitude is that if I'm stuck with a weird hyper-hybridized language like English I'm going to have fun pretzellating it.

Didn't watch nor will I read the DUmmy link.  But 99% of the time, libs feign outrage at quotes taken completely out of context.  As you referred to it, lies by omission.

And what is their major erection especially lately about Tucker as "the most dangerous man on TV"?  Seriously, the king of moving Wuhan goalposts Faux-Chi is the most dangerous person on TV.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2021, 05:23:15 PM »
Why do DUmmies (and many others) pretend that contracting the ChiVi is an automatic death sentence? It's not. The mortality rate among healthy, non-obese people and especially young people is very low.

I'd rather risk getting a bad flu-like disease that I'll more than likely survive than be a guinea pig for a vaccine that has not been through long-term clinical trials.

I doubt any of the vaccines would kill me but I see no pressing need to get one either.

Now they are saying that the Kungflu can kill you after you recover from it.
Nurse who caught COVID at work dies 10 months after recovery because of organ damage
https://herald-review.com/news/national/nurse-who-caught-covid-at-work-dies-10-months-after-recovery-because-of-organ-damage/article_73f066d6-9656-5e9d-a1a6-1bdd41370176.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_&fbclid=IwAR2miXcM_OkvMAVyfVxwrjnDh9rgqY9nkmUctkGzCFyAjn6nRC-uR_XkK0U