Author Topic: Chauvin Wanted To Kill George Floyd No Other Explanation  (Read 595 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Chauvin Wanted To Kill George Floyd No Other Explanation
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:04:40 PM »
Star Member DanieRains (2,916 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215316829

He choked Mr. Floyd to death. He kept choking him long after he stopped moving. He kept others from rendering aid. He wanted to make sure the victim was dead.

Chauvin wanted to and did kill George Floyd on purpose.

No other explanation.

He just wanted to kill.

Rec if you agree plz.

:thatsright:

Star Member Irish_Dem (13,097 posts)

1. Of course he did. That was his intent. No doubt about it in my mind.

Star Member bluestarone (11,883 posts)

2. 1st degree murder

That's the way i see it!!

:whatever:

Star Member cstanleytech (22,332 posts)

34. Probably difficult to get a conviction for that and even if you did it would probably be thrown out as you would have to establish that the actions taken were premediated beforehand and that the intent was to kill him.

:popcorn:

SKKY (9,805 posts)
3. I honestly don't think killing him was Chauvin's manifest goal...but his attitude during the incident, which I would describe as aggressive indifference, leads me to believe that if something happened and George Floyd died, he wouldn't have lost any sleep over it. Chauvin was a cop for 18 years. You don't make it that far setting out to kill people. I would be very interested to know how many times Chauvin has been investigated by IA, and for what.

Star Member brush (34,669 posts)

5. It was reported here that chauvin has had several other reports of use of too much force.

They weren't allowed by the judge to be mentioned during the trial. And after 18 years of being on the job he had to know what he was doing was way to much force on someone's neck for way too long, with people pleading for him to stop and a rescue tech also asking to check for a pulse, and having to be asked to by the arriving rescue workers to get off his neck.

No, something was up with that.

Star Member demtenjeep (30,186 posts)

37. I think I read 17 incidents almost one a year

he is dirty

MVP Kamala (1,214 posts)

4. It's obvious. He has shown zero remorse

Star Member Bettie (10,899 posts)

9. And that is why the other cops are testifying against him

because he refused to even fake remorse.

I don't think he has ever even suggested that he might have been wrong to do what he did.

You are mad because he didn't fake he was guilty?

Star Member alphafemale (16,800 posts)

6. Chauvin and Mr Floyd had worked security at the same club

I think George Floyd had seen something.

:mental:

Tndem615 (20 posts)

13. That's

What I’m thinking. I was hoping some insight would come out at trial, but I haven’t heard.

:yawn:

Star Member jcgoldie (7,547 posts)

16. Or there was some sort of dispute

Ever since I heard that connection I've felt there was a personal aspect to this violence that goes even beyond all too normal white cop abusing his authority with a black victim. Racist cops unnecessarily shooting African Americans like Michael Brown in Florissant is very common... but kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed person for 3 minutes after they are dead is personal.

Star Member dameatball (6,185 posts)

36. I assume that relationship was scrutinized pretty heavily but, yes, it does seem odd that they apparently did not at least know each other in some respect. If I own a club, I want my security people to be able to know who belongs, who doesn't, who they can ask for assistance, etc. Even if they worked different shifts or if the club had more than one venue it still seems weird.

Star Member mzmolly (49,471 posts)

8. Yes he did. There is no other explanation for his actions. What's most baffling, is that he was assisted in the commission of murder by three other cops.

Star Member Jim__ (12,612 posts)

10. I don't think he was trying kill him.

I doubt Floyd's treatment was all that unusual. The police had put Floyd on the ground and they were going to hobble him. They got the hobble, but then for some reason they didn't hobble him. The ambulance was called about 1 minute after Floyd was put on the ground, it was called to treat a mouth injury. It may be that they had decided not to hobble him until after he was treated by the ambulance.

Then he was held on the ground with Chauvin kneeling on his neck 'til the ambulance arrived. Probably not the first time he had kneeled on someone's neck. Probably not the first time someone in Chauvin's custody was put at serious risk. But it took the ambulance 8 minutes to get there. He'd probably never kneeled on someone's neck for that long.

I think Chauvin was just being his usual asshole self. He didn't even know that he couldn't kneel on someone's neck for 9 and a half minutes.

Star Member mzmolly (49,471 posts)

22. At one point, for what I recall was roughly five minutes,

Last edited Thu Apr 8, 2021, 08:38 PM - Edit history (1)

Chauvin lifted his foot off the ground to apply the weight of his body to Floyd's neck. If this is common practice for Chauvin, I wonder how many others have died under his restraint?

My guess is he took the Warrior Training classes vs adhered to his official training.

https://www.motherjones.com/crime-justice/2020/05/bob-kroll-minneapolis-warrior-police-training/

Chauvin is a registered Republican, who applied his toxic mentality, to his work.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-derek-chauvin-democrat/fact-check-derek-chauvin-is-not-a-registered-democrat-among-other-claims-idUSKBN23Q2MW

I don't think it was accidental.

Star Member wnylib (5,923 posts)

24. Nah, his facial expression and

body language tell me that he knew his actions could be fatal. He was enjoying every minute, especially seeing the bystanders get upset and beg him to stop. Then Chauvin followed up by denying treatment. He WANTED George Floyd dead. Cop against a Black man. He was sure that he would get away with it.

I think there were personal and racial motives.

29. Bloodlust

I have heard it called.

25. You can't be in physical contact with a living being and not feel the moment it dies.

For some reason he not only wanted George Floyd dead, he wanted him beyond the point of revival dead.

:mental:

ashredux (1,301 posts)

27. No, I disagreed to appoint. First, he wanted to show who was in charge.

No, I disagreed to a point. First, he wanted to show who was in charge.

He was somewhat showing off for the rookie cops he was “training”.

He wanted to punish Floyd, and he thought he could render him unconscious without killing him when he started.

Once I think, he realized, that he had gone to far he could not back off. So he just kept going. In his mind he was calculating how he could explain the death of this black man.

He needs to spend the rest of his life in jail. He killed him. Outright killed him. That just had his

Star Member RussBLib (4,625 posts)

28. but why? will we ever learn Chauvin's motive, assuming there is one?

other than some unbridled murderous impulse?

So many killings, who's got time for excuses/explanations/motivations? sarcasmic insertions

I think this will be yet another time we don't get to the true motivation.

If they don't convict Chauvin, well .......

Yeah... we all know where this is headed...

Akbar (297 posts)

39. Chauvin's Intent Stood Out to Me

The day the video came out on. YouTube, I watched it and did not see any clue that Chauvin wanted any outcome that involved Floyd leaving the scene alive. Chauvin was enjoying executing Floyd. You could see it on his face.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: Chauvin Wanted To Kill George Floyd No Other Explanation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:30:50 PM »
No police go out looking to kill people. I wish they could hear how stupid they sound.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 09:03:38 PM »
No police go out looking to kill people. I wish they could hear how stupid they sound.

Cultists never do.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 10:25:20 PM »
Wow, it's as if they're actually becoming more and more hardened in their stance as more facts come out, and the prosecution's case disintegrates. They've devolved into psychologizing Chauvin and speculating about his motives.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:07:53 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215316829

He choked Mr. Floyd to death. He kept choking him long after he stopped moving. He kept others from rendering aid. He wanted to make sure the victim was dead.

Chauvin wanted to and did kill George Floyd on purpose.

No other explanation.

He just wanted to kill.

Rec if you agree plz.

Proof? Based on what?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 06:54:20 AM »
State's own witnesses testified Chauvin had his knee on Floyd's back, not his neck. So, I'm not sure where this choking narrative came from except from their desire to hate.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 12:59:08 PM »
When I watch the video I see a 19 year cop who is kind of bored, just holding down another perp until the EMTs arrive to cart him away.

The prosecutors know there was no intent. That's why they fought so hard to get 3rd Degree Murder back on the table - because it doesn't requite intent.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 01:32:18 PM »
No other explanation? Try the explanation that Floyd swallowed a bunch of the pills he had to avoid being caught with them and died of a consequent overdose. Which, based on the evidence, is what apparently happened.

I think the prosecution has pretty much been forced to abandon their early "choked to death" theory and are moving to a "Chauvin should have rendered aid" theory. That latter theory has severe problems as well - Floyd's actions and the threatening crowd made releasing Floyd from restraint unsafe for all present. The Defense is shredding the Prosecution's case in the cross-examinations of Prosecution witnesses, cross-examinations being limited (as I understand it) to matters testified during the Prosecution's questioning. Unless it began today, the Defense has not yet begun to present its case.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 06:37:35 PM »

6. Chauvin and Mr Floyd had worked security at the same club

I think George Floyd had seen something.

The club was a front for counterfeiting. Floyd got greedy and stupid. Then he ODed end of story.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 07:03:43 PM »
No other explanation? Try the explanation that Floyd swallowed a bunch of the pills he had to avoid being caught with them and died of a consequent overdose. Which, based on the evidence, is what apparently happened.

I think the prosecution has pretty much been forced to abandon their early "choked to death" theory and are moving to a "Chauvin should have rendered aid" theory. That latter theory has severe problems as well - Floyd's actions and the threatening crowd made releasing Floyd from restraint unsafe for all present. The Defense is shredding the Prosecution's case in the cross-examinations of Prosecution witnesses, cross-examinations being limited (as I understand it) to matters testified during the Prosecution's questioning. Unless it began today, the Defense has not yet begun to present its case.

I haven't really been following it except for glancing at the headlines in the local paper.  Our paper puts the commie in liberal and all the headlines are stating that experts and department cops all say he used excessive force.  Thanks for putting the truth out in concise form.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 09:02:43 AM »
I haven't really been following it except for glancing at the headlines in the local paper.  Our paper puts the commie in liberal and all the headlines are stating that experts and department cops all say he used excessive force.  Thanks for putting the truth out in concise form.   :cheersmate:

If I POed just one DU onlurker it was worth it! :rotf:

Legal Insurrection's Andrew Branca has been posting daily live-blogs and daily summaries, https://legalinsurrection.com/author/law-of-self-defense/ . He's obviously inclined toward the Defense, but he treats everything honestly and has the academic and career chops to know very well what he's talking about. The link above has an index of his dailies, so anyone interested can go through his posts. His posts are not brief.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.