Author Topic: Reality Bites (you in the wallet)  (Read 1152 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Reality Bites (you in the wallet)
« on: November 09, 2019, 06:57:19 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212667471

An interesting fact of life is "No one gets out of this alive".  But what does that mean to DUmmies?

The thread above is all about grieving the loss of their loved ones money to <gasp> THE MAN. 

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 06:46 PM
Miigwech (2,079 posts)

Do you know Medicade, Long Term Care, will take all you have?
OK. You are really ill and need long term care because your loved ones can't take care of you at home any more. The Laws steps in and takes over all of your assets to pay for your care ... in fact, if you have too many assets you will be denied. IS THIS REALLY HOW WE WANT TO TREAT OUR SICK OR ELDERLY?

One or two posters believe you should pay.  Not all, however.  These people are delusional, their collective brains have gone to infinity and beyond.

Last I checked there were many  replies to this thread so saunter on over and enjoy the show.   Here are some representative samples  to enjoy.

Doremus (6,098 posts)

18. Some people can't be caregivers for any number of good reasons including work commitments,

lack of transportation, lack of temperament. Some people have no family to be caregivers.

No, it isn't right that the state can seize someone's assets because they had to avail themselves of a social safety net. I'm old enough to remember a time when the government did NOT take advantage of someone's ill fortune and allowed their estate to transfer to whomever was supposed to receive it. I also remember a time when ambulance rides were included in our taxes and not billed separately for $800 and up.

Of course, that was before 40 years of rethug rule turned the country into a money and power hungry dystopia. Apparently you've been assimilated.

Lousy Commies!  (wait wasn't mediscare a Johnson initiative?) Lousy Democratics!! (oh wait, that's redundant) :popcorn:

Trailrider1951 (2,024 posts)

20. Amen, Doremus

At 67, I remember a time in this country when we had affordable health care, before it was corporatized, beginning in the Nixon Administration. See this: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Transcript_of_taped_conversation_between_President_Richard_Nixon_and_John_D._Ehrlichman_%281971%29_that_led_to_the_HMO_act_of_1973:

With the sale of my last real estate holding, a house in Texas, I have now no assets, except for my retirement savings and my little mobile home on rented land. I still have my health and mobility. When the time comes, I intend to spare my children of the burden to care for me, and retain my dignity by taking matters into my own hands. I never thought it would come to this.

Wasn't their a song "You can't cheat the reaper"  Why wait?  Do it now.  You can (probably will) still vote D in 2020.

Laura PourMeADrink (29,670 posts)

52. That is true, but then you also have people who want

To leave their heirs what they worked so hard all their lives for. I have heard my mom say a zillion times, "we don't want the government to get it."

There a joke in here about make it a stiff one Laura but let's not go there. :rotf:   I have long believed there are going to be a lot of poor DUmmies who find out the planned windfall from the 'rents estate was going to be more like the wind from a bean supper.   :whistling:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Karin

Re: Reality Bites (you in the wallet)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »
Medicaid can be a nasty trap, they can even take your car.  "You don't need it, we'll drive you to the doctor's."  No they won't, the phone rings and rings and hangs up.  God, please don't ever ever let me be dependent on the government.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 06:06:16 AM »
"IS THIS REALLY HOW WE WANT TO TREAT OUR SICK OR ELDERLY?"
You on the Left view the elderly as just a bunch of evil, stupid, out- of- touch racists and holdovers from the "Old, ignorant days" who need to hurry up and die so the Left can better advance their twisted "Brave New World."

"I intend to spare my children of the burden to care for me, and retain my dignity by taking matters into my own hands."
Retain your dignity by taking the coward's way out?
Oh, well, at least this means in Heaven, I won't have to put up with her whining.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 08:02:37 AM »
Yet another example of taxes are good until the DUmmies have to pay them.

I love money threads over there. Watching them twist themselves into knots trying to decide where the line should be drawn for ‘wealth’ and very few of them understanding how money and markets actually work.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 08:08:34 AM »
TANSTAAFL, bitches.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.