Author Topic: Zorra is apoplectic that the government doesn't already know who he/she is  (Read 2779 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Star Member Zorra (20,575 posts)

**** them. "Your identity wasn't verified. You won't be able to submit your application for health
coverage until your identity is verified."

Call the Experian help desk.

Call (866)-578-5409 to verify your identity over the phone. You'll speak to someone who'll ask you additional questions.

I was born in this country. My ancestors were born in this country. I have a legal Birth Certificate. I have a legal Social Security Card. I have a legal valid Driver License. I've been a registered voter for decades. I've had a valid passport for decades. I have 3 bank accounts. My credit rating is over 800.

And I have a ****ing FBI fingerprint clearance card.

I could easily verify my identity, but I'm not going to. I'm not going to play this game anymore. It's not my job to verify my identity. I know exactly who I am.

If they want to know who I am, fine. Maybe they should try a little harder to do the ****ing job they got way overpaid to do.

Nobody is paying me to spend my valuable time doing their job for them.

And here is the clincher, folks: Experian has taken money out of one of my bank accounts twice, $16.99 each time, without me ever being consulted, for some type of credit reporting service I never asked for, do not have, do not want, and have never wanted. If I hadn't of caught it on my banks statement, they would have successfully committed theft by stealing my identity.

I asked my bank to prosecute them, and they did nothing. Twice. So I just dropped it, because I didn't want to spend my valuable time constantly ****ing with these weasels.

So I'm going to talk to an attorney. I believe something is very, very wrong, very undemocratic and un-American about Experian, sisters and brothers.

0dumbasscare is ALMOST worth it for the comedy alone.

Hilarious. This is why you idiots should have read what was in the law before you demanded it get passed. Now you get to OWN IT.

The DUmmies warn:

Star Member grantcart (39,886 posts)
9. Your paranoia is likely going to cost you a lot of money.

The main reason that they are trying to verify your identity is to make sure that they have the right person so that they can calculate the subsidy.

We had the same issue (my wife has a typo on her green card) and the issue was settled in 20 seconds and 2 minutes later we got a $ 3600 subsidy.

You don't understand the system, they are verifying identity so that they can make instant decisions on subsidies.

Hubris goes before the fall, humility goes before victory.

Response to Zorra (Original post)

Star Member brooklynite (14,163 posts)
10. I think you're missing the point...

...you're doing an online transaction involving potentially thousands of dollars in obligated payments. The goal of the Experian check is, in fact to prove that you're you...and not me pretending to be you. All they're doing is having you confirm data that they have and you would know but I wouldn't.

But, if you'd like to vent some more, please continue.

Still...

Gormy Cuss (27,162 posts)
20. I think you're missing the point. The OP has no confidence in Experian

and is being forced to deal with them because of the way the identity check is set up.

I predict that there will be many similar complaints in coming months because many people dislike and distrust credit bureaus.

I predict you people are idiots. Oh, wait. That prediction already came true.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
A liberal's credit history........

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
A liberal's credit history........

Ever notice how every single one of them claims to have a score greater than 800? It's the same as their claims that they eat only organic food and they work out incessantly (forget for a moment that every time they meet up it looks like the livestock pen at the County Fair).
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
It's the law, bitches. It's what you wanted, so suck it up and deal.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline lastparker

I was JUST about to cross post this.....

Some of my favorite replies:

Xyzse (3,462 posts)
17. I am complaining about Experian

They are the Diebold of Credit Reports.

bunnies (12,624 posts)
8. Is this a serious post?

A phone call is too much to ask of you? Really?

I had to call Discover the other day to activate my new card. I wonder how your score is so high when youre unwilling to verify your identity. I mean... why the **** should I have had to spend 2 minutes on the phone to activate my card? I already told them who I was!

Myrina (10,151 posts)
14. LMAO be glad you made it that far!

I'm still waiting, after a week, to have any account validated.

Every time I get the validation email and click the link (sometimes 24 hours AFTER I request it), and answer the challege questions, I get an error message that says my account doesn't exist and I answered the questions wrong. Well, how do they know I answered the questions wrong if my account - that they just sent a validation email for - doesn't exist?

And this is the 3rd email/username I've tried to set up. None of them will let me in, but if I try to 'set up new account' using that same email and/or username, I get ANOTHER error saying "an account with that ( ) already exists."

It is a ****ing mess.

T2000 (10,083 posts)
32. had a problem with them

I was being charged for the reporting service when I never signed up for it. Called them and it sounded like a really mickey mouse operation - wouldn't let me speak to the supervisor, etc. I then asked for the full names of the supervisor, their mailing address etc. for my complaint to the state attorney general's office. All charges were removed.

As far as identifying you, I think those are protections for you.

If anything, they're protections for the taxpayers footing the bill for this fraud-fest.  Of course, all attempts to stop the fraud will be more epic in nature of FAIL than the ACA itself.  Pretty soon, we'll be insuring Mexicans who never even left the country.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Zerro wants intercourse to compensate for identity crisis; No.6 in a series
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »
Zorra (20,577 posts)

**** them. "Your identity wasn't verified. You won't be able to submit your application for health

coverage until your identity is verified."

Call the Experian help desk.

Call (866)-578-5409 to verify your identity over the phone. You'll speak to someone who'll ask you additional questions.

I was born in this country. My ancestors were born in this country. I have a legal Birth Certificate. I have a legal Social Security Card. I have a legal valid Driver License. I've been a registered voter for decades. I've had a valid passport for decades. I have 3 bank accounts. My credit rating is over 800.

And I have a ****ing FBI fingerprint clearance card.

I could easily verify my identity, but I'm not going to. I'm not going to play this game anymore. It's not my job to verify my identity. I know exactly who I am.

If they want to know who I am, fine. Maybe they should try a little harder to do the ****ing job they got way overpaid to do.

Nobody is paying me to spend my valuable time doing their job for them.

And here is the clincher, folks: Experian has taken money out of one of my bank accounts twice, $16.99 each time, without me ever being consulted, for some type of credit reporting service I never asked for, do not have, do not want, and have never wanted. If I hadn't of caught it on my banks statement, they would have successfully committed theft by stealing my identity.

I asked my bank to prosecute them, and they did nothing. Twice. So I just dropped it, because I didn't want to spend my valuable time constantly ****ing with these weasels.

So I'm going to talk to an attorney. I believe something is very, very wrong, very undemocratic and un-American about Experian, sisters and brothers.

leftstreet (24,825 posts)

12. Experian got a $78 million contract with the ACA

14 March 2012

Experian and Symantec’s two-factor credentialing solution selected by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Experian and Symantec continue to gain traction in the public sector

Costa Mesa, Calif. and Mountain View, Calif. – Experian® and Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced that the two-factor credentialing solution jointly developed by the companies was selected by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to provide Enterprise Remote Identity Proofing (ERIP) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Credential Services in support of the Affordable Health Care Act (ACA). The Experian and Symantec solution will play a critical role in a $78 million contract that was awarded to Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) providing CMS with an offering that helps them solve key challenges that arise in serving the nation’s large uninsured population.

The Experian and Symantec solution combines Experian’s identity proofing capabilities with the strong authentication capabilities of Symantec’s Validation and ID Protection (VIP) Service to deliver secure online identity credentials. It will minimize the risk of fraud by providing more than 35 million U.S. citizens with secure online access to the State and Federal Health Insurance Exchange, while complying with electronic authentication guidelines in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication SP 800-63-1 and achieving Level 3 Assurance.

http://www.experianplc.com/news/company-news/2012/14-03-2012.aspx

You'd think they could get their shit together

Why?

They got your money.

And they know the worse of a job they do the more money the government will pay them.

Star Member Zorra (20,577 posts)

26. I'm now pretty sure the NSA is feeding the financial system and these credit agencies

the information that they harvest from our communications.

annabanana (46,078 posts)

6. My social is still in my maiden name, for some reason . .

My driver's license is my maiden & married names, hyphenated. My bank account has all four of my names in a row, no hyphen

It would be very easy to trip the "three times and you're out" software lockout.

sammytko (2,276 posts)

19. Did you apply for a new card? I had to go in person, so I vowed to never change my name again

no matter how many times I got married!!!!

brooklynite (14,163 posts)

10. I think you're missing the point...

...you're doing an online transaction involving potentially thousands of dollars in obligated payments. The goal of the Experian check is, in fact to prove that you're you...and not me pretending to be you. All they're doing is having you confirm data that they have and you would know but I wouldn't.

But, if you'd like to vent some more, please continue.

Gormy Cuss (27,163 posts)

20. I think you're missing the point. The OP has no confidence in Experian

and is being forced to deal with them because of the way the identity check is set up.

I predict that there will be many similar complaints in coming months because many people dislike and distrust credit bureaus.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023814111
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!

0dumbasscare is ALMOST worth it for the comedy alone.

Hilarious. This is why you idiots should have read what was in the law before you demanded it get passed. Now you get to OWN IT.

The DUmmies warn:

Still...

I predict you people are idiots. Oh, wait. That prediction already came BEEN true.    :rotf:

Fixed!   :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline lastparker

cthulu2016 (9,374 posts)
21. LOL. "It's not my job to verify my identity"

Good luck with that.

Phentex (8,584 posts)
22. That line stood out to me too.

meanwhile the GOP screams about voter fraud.

And your point?
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline diesel driver

And your point?

Sure ain't the one on the top of their heads.

DUmmies are as sharp as a bowling ball!    :lmao:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Just wait to see if there's single payer. Bet you'll have to show ID to access the system. What then DUmmys?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Re: Zorra is apoplectic that the government doesn't already know who he/she is
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 12:00:36 PM »
Just wait to see if there's single payer. Bet you'll have to show ID to access the system. What then DUmmys?

DUmmies think that with single payer, all you'd have to do to get unlimited care is to just show up at the doctor's or at the hospital. Somehow, someone put it in their heads that healthcare should be as free and easy as breathing oxygen.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 12:03:22 PM »

DUmmies think that with single payer, all you'd have to do to get unlimited care is to just show up at the doctor's or at the hospital. Somehow, someone put it in their heads that healthcare should be as free and easy as breathing oxygen.

Maybe it'll lead to a bunch of dead DUmmys... #silverlining

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 12:31:59 PM »
Myrina's told her tale of woe in several places. 

"Your email/account does not exist."

"That email/account already exists."

She's trapped by...

An infinite loop (also known as an endless loop or unproductive loop) is a sequence of instructions in a computer program which loops endlessly

...never to escape. 

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 12:37:12 PM »
Maybe it'll lead to a bunch of dead DUmmys... #silverlining

At the very least it will be entertaining, watching the idiots repeatedly fail to understand the notions of process, control, management, and so forth. They don't want the NSA reading their love notes but they do want any doctor, anywhere, to be able to conjure their heath records so they can avail themselves of free healthcare at the drop of a hat. I can't wait for the rage when they get the same system they have in Europe, where you wait to be seen for a month because that's just the way it goes.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
Look at how compassionate the fellow DUmmies are to one of their own. They are laughing at Zorra and others who have had problems w/ the ACA website.

My wish is they all experience everything we think they will with this boondoggle program. I'm just sorry that good people will be tangled up in the mess.

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »
Look at how compassionate the fellow DUmmies are to one of their own. They are laughing at Zorra and others who have had problems w/ the ACA website.

My wish is they all experience everything we think they will with this boondoggle program. I'm just sorry that good people will be tangled up in the mess.

Me, too, but I'm confident in the notion that the good people are more self-sufficient and well off than the typical DUmmie, as such, DUmmies and the rest of the moocher class will suffer much, much more than everyone else.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »
... It's the same as their claims that they eat only organic food and they work out incessantly (forget for a moment that every time they meet up it looks like the livestock pen at the County Fair).
This part earned a Hi5
This too shall pass.