Author Topic: A question for the CC DUmpster mods  (Read 846 times)

Offline ChuckJ

A question for the CC DUmpster mods
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »
The DUmmies, doing as DUmmies do, are pulling some bold predictions out of their asses concerning the November election. Is it possible to make a sort of "time capsule" thread containing only their most entertaining predictions (sans our discussion about said predictions) for easy viewing after the election?
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: A question for the CC DUmpster mods
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 06:53:21 PM »
Ohhh good idea chuck. H5

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Or--I believe I said this days ago, but perhaps not loudly enough--anyone's free to start a "primitive prediction thread" in the DUmping Ground, and I'd be more than happy to "sticky" it to the top there, for easy reference.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 07:03:36 PM »
Or--I believe I said this days ago, but perhaps not loudly enough--anyone's free to start a "primitive prediction thread" in the DUmping Ground, and I'd be more than happy to "sticky" it to the top there, for easy reference.

Sorry about that frank. I must have missed it. Today is the twelfth straight day that I've worked without a day off so I'm not as read up as usual.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »
Sorry about that frank. I must have missed it. Today is the twelfth straight day that I've worked without a day off so I'm not as read up as usual.

No biggie.

I see chris_ put one up now.

After a couple of days, when people are aware it's there, I'll move it to the DUmping Ground, "stickying" it there.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »
It's stuck at the top of the DUmpster now. 

If anyone finds something else interesting, don't forget the link to the OP.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 07:48:12 PM »
Iowahawk is promoting a similar idea on Twitter. :lmao:

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

Who can find the most hysterical pants-wetting tweet about Paul Ryan? ReTweet your discovery to hashtag #BURNTHEMATHWITCH

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

#BURNTHEMATHWITCH RT @BorowitzReport "Paul Ryan being sworn in as President would be a great last scene in a Planet of the Apes remake."
:panic: :bawl:

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 07:56:38 PM »
My Prediction for 2012. Bigger than you thought possible.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 08:45:27 PM »
gkhouston (16,902 posts)
1. Nah, I'll let them enjoy their happy day.

It's not like another one will be coming along any time soon.

link

This post, which I originally saw in frank's 'happy days are here again' thread, is what made me think about DUmmie predictions.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 09:31:35 PM »
I have a prediction.

Romney/Ryan 356/182 electoral, 55/44 popular.

Senate: R 57/D 42/ I1

HOR: R picks up 19 seats. I think my 85 IQ Capps will lose and that is a pick up in the worst homafia district in kalifornia.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 11:27:53 PM »
You mean, we may actually see

turn into this again??

(well, one can dream, can't one??)
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 01:36:41 PM »
I have a prediction.

Romney/Ryan 356/182 electoral, 55/44 popular.

Senate: R 57/D 42/ I1

HOR: R picks up 19 seats. I think my 85 IQ Capps will lose and that is a pick up in the worst homafia district in kalifornia.

I'm guessing this is your prediction, jukin?  http://www.270towin.com/2012_election_predictions.php?mapid=qKq

Offline sybilll

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 12:33:54 AM »
I agree with Paul Ryan. We are at the crossroads. Americans have to choose between emulating Europe, or talk like adults, and roll back entitlements and spending. If America re-elects Obama, our path to Greece is clear. I was energized by the Ryan selection, and the huge crowds that support them, but I wonder if those of us that want to save this Republic have large enough numbers.