Author Topic: Too early to tell, BUT we might be seeing the take down  (Read 606 times)

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Too early to tell, BUT we might be seeing the take down
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:24 PM »
nadinbrzezinski   (1000+ posts)             Tue Jul-19-11 10:23 PM
Original message
Too early to tell, BUT we might be seeing the take down

of the modern media system.

What is happening at Fox Corp IS a classic of what happens when you are too big to fail. Ethics? If you are untouchable...

I am hoping out of this we see a break up of the media monopolies, and we may very well see that.

If this is the case, it will take a couple years, and yes... a few in this country will SCREAM I tell you, that this is libs going nuts.

Because there has never been a media scandal this big before... :whatever:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1527060
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Too early to tell, BUT we might be seeing the take down
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »
For all their talk of Murdock being the modern-day Gobbels, the primitives make no secret they want all media to be nothing but the lib POV.  Of course, they try to disguise it by claiming that their POV is the truth and therefore can't be propaganda, but that'll never work.  They get what they want and they'll dig their own graves.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:21:05 AM »
What is happening at Fox Corp IS a classic of what happens when you are too big to fail. Ethics? If you are untouchable...

Wait a minute, are they admitting Fox is big?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »
Ethics? If you are untouchable...

Like Jayson Blair and the New York Times?

Like Janet Cooke and the Washington Post?

Like how The Guardian, Doonesbury, and most of the rest of the mainstream media ran with the "Lovenstein Institute of Scranton" claim that Bush had the lowest IQ of any president?

Like Dan Rather, Mary Mapes, and CBS' "fake but accurate" bullshit?

Get back to me when you pull that log out of your eye, asshole.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 08:12:57 AM »
Wait a minute, are they admitting Fox is big?

Yes, very strange.  Considering the DUmmies claim that the only reason Fox's ratings are so high is because of a giant conspiracy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:42 AM »
News Corp is nothing compared to what the federal government does everyday. The difference is that News Corp is being responsible and firing the offending employees. In the federal government they would get promotions.

News Corp never killed anybody like Gun Walker has. In fact Holder has killed tens of  Mexican citizens, American citizens and even government employees purposely...with our money..and persecuted the whistle blowers.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »
Here is one true fact. Nadinobrains and her predictions have nothing to do with reality and are never right.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »
Yes, very strange.  Considering the DUmmies claim that the only reason Fox's ratings are so high is because of a giant conspiracy.
:lmao: There are no conspiracies, that's all just a conspiracy!

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan