Author Topic: [alleged] primitive not disabled any more  (Read 1558 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
[alleged] primitive not disabled any more
« on: September 05, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=250x3456

Oh my.

I'm sure this is a mole; since when have primitives been the grateful sort?

wandathewitch  Donating Member  (85 posts) Mon Sep-01-08 07:35 PM
Original message

I'm not disabled anymore...

Not that I'm any different as I'm knda old, but I was limping around in pain until a hip replacement. My husband is disabled and I can take care of him which makes me feel good. I have a problem with lugging heavy things like the groceries and that seems to make me feel a lot of pain, as I'm 75 and working all day with physicl duties that he used to do. I am not sad about it as I'm so grateful to be without the awful pain I had for many young years, but I still suffer plenty. I just wanted to share.

This has got to be a mole, mocking the primitives for their mean-spirited ingratitude about anything.

madmax  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-01-08 07:37 PM
Response to Original message

1. Good to hear that.

Glad you're feeling better.

sharesunited  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-01-08 07:38 PM

2. Was Medicare there for you? Would Medicare For All be a blessing to the nation?

wandathewitch  Donating Member  (85 posts) Mon Sep-01-08 07:52 PM
Response to Reply #2

4. We are all right...not rich, but get by.

I have arthritis up and down the spine and legs, Nd a leaky heart valve, but I'm no where as bad off as my husband. He has had a rough road and can hardly walk. I take good care of him and we are still able to be tog in our home and that makes us very happy.

Damn, this is a great mole, doing a damned good job of mocking the primitives.

Tangerine LaBamba  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-01-08 07:57 PM
Response to Reply #4

5. Hang around here

I'm decrepit, and I notice that "I ache in places where I used to play," as Leonard Cohen put it. But DU is a wonderful respite from the aches and pains of daily life.

And don't you hesitate for one second to ask for help from whoever might be close by to you. That's maybe the hardest part of all this getting older business - asking for help. People can be awfully kind.

I'm glad your husband has you to take care of him. Such a very loving couple you are.

wandathewitch  Donating Member  (85 posts) Mon Sep-01-08 09:07 PM
Response to Reply #5

6. thank you all for your kindness....

What hurts the most is not being able to see fanily as they live a long way away. We have grandkids and can't see them. they want us to go visit them, but it is expensive to fly and I don't think my husband could take the trip. I am happy to hang around here and I hope Mr Moose will come on too. What do you all do for hobbies ? I like to sew and have a lot of dolls all around the house that look like real kids. It is a form or art for me as I love children. Every nook and cranny, has a kid. I make their clothing and like to create them anew by using body parts from here and there. Best of aLl, I like my embroidery machine. Nothing will make me happier. Life isn't all bad.

Wow.  This is awesome, the way the primitives are being mocked.

Tangerine LaBamba  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-01-08 09:46 PM
Response to Reply #6

7. Get them to come visit you

If travel to your kids and grandkids is too hard, then tell them, and have them come to visit you. It sounds like you love them a lot, and I bet they love you and their father even more. So, get them to start planning a trip to see you. I bet that'll work.

Do you ever sell your dolls, like at local stores or fairs, craft fairs? Sounds like you've got lots of talent and maybe you could make a buck or two from it.

I used to do single-silk-thread Chinese embroidery. All my kids had embroidered t-shirts and all my girlfriends got Irish linen handkerchiefs with their monograms. Man, that was a long time ago! But I know what you mean about how much fun it is.

Show your husband DU, and I'll bet it'll be good for him, keeping up with all that's happening. You have to admit, this is a very exciting time to be a Democrat.

spenbax  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon Sep-01-08 07:46 PM

3. I hear ya, wanda. I turned 65 in Nov and I remember when I was in my 40's I asked a friend who was 74 if you hurt more the older you get, and she said "oh, my, yes".

Was she ever right. I go to the YMCA for water exercises for arthritis and I think I'm the only one in the group that hasn't had either a knee replaced or a hip replaced. I'm glad your pain has lessened, and I know you still suffer. Hang in there, sister - old age ain't for sissies.

Wow, that is s-o-o-o-o-o good, the way the primitives eat this up.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: [alleged] primitive not disabled any more
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:13:29 AM »
What's the purpose of the OP? :confused:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:14:25 AM »

I suspect it's to make fun of the self-pitying primitives who aren't ever grateful about anything.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 10:45:30 AM »
I was wondering if she was going to get around to saying she was healed by St. Obama....

:-)
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 11:57:29 AM »
As one gets older, the alternative to waking up with pain is far worse.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 12:02:55 PM »
As one gets older, the alternative to waking up with pain is far worse.

Unless you're a DUmmy coward.

A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant tastes of death but once.
--William Shakespere; Julius Caesar
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 02:01:34 PM »
DUmmy wandathewitch is obviously a lousy freeper troll, but an extremely skilled one. I think her purpose was like a "recon in force", like rolling a column of tanks through enemy territory, just to show we can do it. DUmmies with an IQ above room temperature see what is going on, but they are a very small minority in the DUmp, so are powerless to do anything about it. They know it would be useless to try to explain the subterfuge to their dim hivemates.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
My thoughts, when seeing this, were, "Wow, somebody else in the internet universe uses the same S.O. I do."

It's not my only S.O., but it's one of them.

Mocking, ridiculing, the self-pity and ingratitude of the primitives by being a nice guy.

If the primitives aren't getting the "message," well then, the primitives must be pretty dense.
apres moi, le deluge