Author Topic: [sirens] Loconuts returns to the DUmp [sirens]  (Read 1943 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
[sirens] Loconuts returns to the DUmp [sirens]
« on: November 26, 2017, 12:27:27 AM »
******DUMP ALERT*******   ********DUMP ALERT**********   ********DUMP ALERT**********

Loconuts is back from wondering the internwebnets like Solomon, and has returned to the DUmp:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181009480
Thu Nov 23, 2017, 10:57 AM
Locut0s (6,060 posts)

And so starts the month of retail hell...

I manage a retail store that sells gaming, electronics, and pop cultural loot / swag. It's Thursday but our black Friday starts today. Send warm thoughts that I survive lol. I'm joking I'll be fine. I've worked retail off and on the past 10 years. But this is my first holiday season as a manager. Lots of long hours ahead though. I've already out in lots of overtime already of course.

Just a smattering of other DUmpmonkey posts, so I'll just stick with Loconuts:

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 02:01 AM
Locut0s (6,060 posts)
12. Thanks for all the well wishes. Today was a long one. 8 am to 9:30pm...

There were about 1 and 1/2 hours of breaks in there. 1/2 hour actual break during work and then I left the store for 1 hour at the end before returning to help out with the close. Still that's a tiring number of hours to put in on such a busy day. Although it wasn't actually nearly as busy as the previous years I worked at one of the other stores when I was assistant manager. This store that I manage now is actually much slower, although I've turned it around so that it's doing well now. More long hours to put in before the holiday season is over but one of the major hurdles is almost over now 

As I've said elsewhere in another post, I really don't have a lot of complain about in life. This is 1st world problems I'm talking about and my life (aside from life long depression and anxiety which is mostly controlled) is actually good. I'm one of those who loved to complain all the time 24/7 in a joking way to cope, most of it is not serious and is laced with humour. Dark humour

Sat Nov 25, 2017, 10:58 PM
Locut0s (6,060 posts)
14. I wish I could say that the money gets to small businesses...

The reality is that I know different. Luckily this is not my own business. I'm the manager of a store in a chain. I would never be able to survive as a small business myself. I know what the margins are and they are so insanely razor thin on some of the hardware that we sell that we are incentivized almost not to sell just a piece of hardware by itself because we literally lose money after everything is factored in. That's why we sell used stuff and pop culture merchandise. Even then it's only because we are a chain business that the individual stores can make a go. The companies that manufacture the hardware and games set the prices and leave so little room for any profit at the retail end that it's impossible for any kind of smaller business to make a go of things. Honestly it leads to a lot of shady business practices and incentives stores to push all kinds of unwanted junk onto customers like crappy accessories that fall apart because stores make no money on a lot of the other stuff.

This isn't only our industry of course. Manufacturers leave similarly razor thin margins on lots of things. Cars, computers. It means only the huge retailers can survive. Sad.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: [sirens] Loconuts returns to the DUmp [sirens]
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 05:33:50 AM »
He sweeps the floor all day is what this really means.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 06:57:27 AM »
He sweeps the floor all day is what this really means.

Yeah.

No way is the locust primitive a manager, even of the restrooms, given his past record.

I suspect it's that inflated and wholly false job-title, "co-manager," when in fact one's just another clerk, but the employer wants to make it sound more interesting.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:05:21 AM »
You have to give loco some credit for giving so many DU-folk a view of unfamiliar territory ... working a job.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »
That's why we sell used stuff and pop culture merchandise.

Sounds like he works at a thrift shop. He must also have an MBA with his vast knowledge of business. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
Yeah.

No way is the locust primitive a manager, even of the restrooms, given his past record.

I suspect it's that inflated and wholly false job-title, "co-manager," when in fact one's just another clerk, but the employer wants to make it sound more interesting.

Back in the 90s one of the local convenience store chains had just about everyone badged as "manager in training".
The funny part was that as soon as they finished their training they were shit canned.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »
Sounds like he works at a thrift shop. He must also have an MBA with his vast knowledge of business. :thatsright:

Probably a low-end game and comic book store.  Most of them, even the name brand ones, take used games, consoles, and comic paraphernalia in trade or buy it for peanuts then resell it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
Yeah.

:cheersmate:
He quits every time he deals with stress. No way he would be a manager during the Christmas rush.
My guess is he was just released from the nut house and he's back in his parents basement again.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
Probably a low-end game and comic book store.  Most of them, even the name brand ones, take used games, consoles, and comic paraphernalia in trade or buy it for peanuts then resell it.

Spencer Gifts if they still exist is my guess.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »
So he works in a game/comic book store.  For some reason the guy that owned the comic book store on the Big Bang Theory comes to mind.

Manager of a comic book store... another dummie overachiever.   :lmao:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi