Author Topic: DUmp beggar Lyric tries the disability train but asks for more money.  (Read 634 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028312400

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 03:31 PM

Star Member Lyric (12,655 posts)

Well, I have been officially labeled as disabled, finally!
My psychiatrist says that my PTSD and panic disorder are severe enough to qualify me as disabled. Still working on the physical disability designation, but I am praying that this is enough to start qualifying for SSI. At least until/unless Trump and the Nightmare Squad kill the program. It's been a long struggle for my family, and an expensive one when I lost my ability to bring in income to help with bills and expenses. I can now apply for a TANF check until my SSI gets approved, or at least that is my hope. I *should* qualify since I have zero income of my own, I am not married, and I am basically living on the charity and kindness of the people who take care of me.

Of course, that doesn't help much right now, so if anyone is looking for a kid to "adopt" for Christmas, my teenage son could use some DU love.

LyricKid is an incredibly talented young guitarist--a total natural who has taught himself and grown leaps and bounds in skill and talent from the first moment he ever touched a guitar, roughly 2 years ago. He has a beaten-up six-string acoustic guitar, but I can't afford to buy him what he wants most--a good quality 12 string acoustic or acoustic/electric hybrid guitar. I can't even afford to get him a crappy one, to be honest. And that is literally the ONLY thing he has asked me for. He says he doesn't mind getting something small and inexpensive, but it's breaking my heart. He puts up with so much and I have so little but love to give him...he deserves better than me.

There's one on Jet.com for $138 that LyricKid said he would like, but I know that it's just the cheapest one he could find. Still, it's better than no guitar at all! So if someone would like to get that for him, please PM me. I can prove my disability and lack of income if needed.

Also, if anyone knows anything about the programs that train and pay for service dogs for PTSD patients, please let me know? My psychiatrist thinks that a service dog might be extremely good for me, but I don't know much about the process of applying for one. It needs to be a *service* dog trained to stop flashbacks, interrupt nightmares and terrors, and to keep me warm, assisted, and safe through my severe panic attacks. I am not looking for an "emotional support" animal or a "therapy" animal. Those don't have the training and credentials I need.

Thanks all, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

FOAD parasite.

Response to Lyric (Original post)

Mon Nov 28, 2016, 03:49 PM

Star Member CaliforniaPeggy (120,895 posts)
1. Congrats on your new designation, my dear Lyric!

You have really been on the road from (or is it to?) hell!

I hope that this will lead to all good things, and put your life on a much better and happier path!

Says it all.

Offline tuolumnejim

Re: DUmp beggar Lyric tries the disability train but asks for more money.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 03:06:30 PM »
Damn I posted the same one as you.  :lmao:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:21:24 PM »
Damn I posted the same one as you.  :lmao:

Great minds... :cheersmate:

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »
Lyric (12,656 posts)
2. I am hoping for the same, Peggy.

It's been very hard for all of us, and mental illnesses carry such a huge stigma. But mine are the result of severe abuse, neglect, and rape when I was young, and unfortunately that trauma is too severe and too longstanding to be "cured". The best I can hope for is management through meds and avoiding triggers.

Michael Savage was right.  Liberalism IS a mental disorder.  :mental:

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:12:56 PM »
is there a list yet of how many of them have openly stated they are scamming SSI ?

Offline DUmpstruck

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 06:30:56 PM »
is there a list yet of how many of them have openly stated they are scamming SSI ?

I would think that the shorter list would be those who are not.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »
This is from another thread here, same primitive, same issue, but it bears repeating.

You know, I'm wondering about something.

I don't recall ever seeing the lyrical primitive hanging around Skins's island commenting upon political or social or moral or economic or whatever issues.....which is why most primitives hang around there.

I recall seeing the lyrical primitive hanging around Skins's island only to ask for money.

It's kind of like the way the stewert primitive operated, using Skins's island only as a cash cow, and no other reason.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 06:51:58 PM »
I'm old, but recall working one summer as a janitor in a church between 11th/12th grade, then worked about 25 hours a week during the 12th grade so I could buy and drive a car to school.

One would think the teenager who be satisfied with a $138 guitar could find some sort of part time jo........never mind, I forgot to take into consideration the parentage.
This too shall pass.